Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 06:46 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
One of my old classmates, who seems to have it all, a marriage, a career, a family, new cars, a house, you know, established in life and seemingly having it ALL, and making no secret of the fact on Facebook, recently posted a video on Facebook of her 2 year old kid spewing the F word already. Yes, it's cute now, but damn, I see trouble. In a few years, that kid will be a disrespectful turd, and in a decade will be doing drugs, sleeping around, hating the parents, family politics and drama, dysfunction, tearing apart the perfect marriage and making life hell for these facebook warriors. I love it

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my single life, grilling on the Weber looking out over the river at nature and the rising full moon, having friends over, watching cable and DVDs and not having a care in the world. I do love it
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. I mean, how dare someone do well in school, find a successful job, marry someone they love and have children. Everyone should be miserable like you, right?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:48 AM

171 posts, read 133,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
I will be sleeping better at night than anyone who gets tied up in marriage and then has kids that are already swearing at age 2.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yeah, how dare someone do well in school, find a successful job, marry someone they love and have children. F*CK THEM!!!
Nice little post edit there. Their kid will F**K THEM soon enough. It's already begun. I should also note that this kid had an iphone 6 or whatever in her hands. Great parenting. They won't be so keen on frothing at the mouth on Facebook in a few short years

Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
I will be sleeping better at night than anyone who gets tied up in marriage and then has kids that are already swearing at age 2.
Oh I see, you're the kind of person who has convinced themselves that they're lonely by choice. Yeah, your life is enviable alright - who doesn't want to be a lonely alcoholic? You probably have a microwave meal for one on Christmas Day, drinking a 6-pack of beer and saying to yourself 'My life is totally awesome'.

Seriously bud, being single is great when you have tons of friends and loads of sexual partners, but you have neither of those things. You're just pathetic.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:54 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,816,870 times
Having kids is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Life is never dull, and you have the pleasure of seeing something you love more than anything, grow up.

I've had the single life, but I'd be bored to tears if I had that now.
Nobody actually wants to be single, surely?

Old 10-21-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Having kids is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Life is never dull, and you have the pleasure of seeing something you love more than anything, grow up.

I've had the single life, but I'd be bored to tears if I had that now.
Nobody actually wants to be single, surely?
I think a lot of people like being single - but when someone starts taking pleasure from the prospect of other people's marriages failing or someone's child growing up to be a drugged-up prozzie, I really start to question their motives. That is spiteful and vindictive, nothing more. Just anger and jealously that other people have achieved what they never could for a myriad of reasons.

But hey, like I said - whatever makes people feel better about themselves.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Oh I see, you're the kind of person who has convinced themselves that they're lonely by choice. Yeah, your life is enviable alright - who doesn't want to be a lonely alcoholic? You probably have a microwave meal for one on Christmas Day, drinking a 6-pack of beer and saying to yourself 'My life is totally awesome'.

Seriously bud, being single is great when you have tons of friends and loads of sexual partners, but you have neither of those things. You're just pathetic.
You don't know me. You never met me so you have no idea. I have mates and have good times with 'em, better than cleaning up diahhrea from diapers or my penis multiple times a night. You can have all the sexual partners you want you gaylord asshat bum felcher, at least I won't be getting dung on my cock and aids after drinking my christmas 6 pack with my mates.

You sound pretty freakin frustrated yourself. Boyfriend malfunctioning? You sound bitter for not having kids and marriage and the perfect family life. Well, you chose to be a turd compactor so don't take it out on me.

Or is it that Leeds has one of the crappiest climates in the UK and Europe?

Old 10-21-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I think a lot of people like being single - but when someone starts taking pleasure from the prospect of other people's marriages failing or someone's child growing up to be a drugged-up prozzie, I really start to question their motives. That is spiteful and vindictive, nothing more. Just anger and jealously that other people have achieved what they never could for a myriad of reasons.
Sorry, yes, I agree that many people do enjoy being single, especially the freedom that comes with it, but for me personally, I prefer my life now. Although when I'm awake watching cartoons at 6am on a Saturday morning, I do question that preference!

Anyway, yes, the family life is nothing like described before. It's a bit unnecessary, and what a child of two does or says has absolutely no relation to what they'll be like in their teens and above.
My childhood was awful. I lived in a bad area, and my dad was/is a drug dealer, as well as being involved in other pretty awful crimes. Me and my siblings have all turned out ok though, with good careers, families etc. Most people (including family) thought I'd turn out like my dad, but I haven't. I've never taken any drugs, never smoked, rarely drink(anymore), never committed a crime(bar a drunken brawl), and have always given absolutely everything for my family. Sometimes seeing the bad side of life is a good thing. Perhaps that's why many public school kids end up rebelling and going off the rails.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:11 AM

I used to swear when I was a kid, but I didn't even know what they meant, I just heard other people saying them, lol.

Saying that - my neighbour has a 5 year old daughter and I'm pretty sure she told her mum to **** off because she heard someone else say it. I found it hilarious. She might have learnt it from me because I swear a lot (oops). Kids will just repeat what they hear adults say, nine times out of ten they don't even know what it means. That's why people upload videos of their kids swearing - it's just innocent.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I used to swear when I was a kid, but I didn't even know what they meant, I just heard other people saying them, lol.

Saying that - my neighbour has a 5 year old daughter and I'm pretty sure she told her mum to **** off because she heard someone else say it. I found it hilarious.
Lol, I find it funny when kids swear accidentally. Apparently when I was about 3, I came running in the house and said "there's a ****ing massive spider on the slide" LOL!

Have you seen the 'monkey on the car' video? That's pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather