Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 07:03 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,341,504 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't it get boring to talk about nothing except snowstorms? They need a little Southern Hemisphere in there to spice it up

Old 12-11-2016, 07:31 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,351,859 times
I really like the balance of CD. Everyone's snow/cold obsessed on the other board I'm on (AmWx), the echo chamber of model runs depicting the most snow/cold possible quickly becomes annoying.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:46 AM

171 posts, read 133,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I really like the balance of CD. Everyone's snow/cold obsessed on the other board I'm on (AmWx), the echo chamber of model runs depicting the most snow/cold possible quickly becomes annoying.
Sounds like the polar arctic rain foamers on the Australian Weather Forums. Dumb ****'s bang on about how we need floods as soon as there are 1 or 2 hot and dry days. Imbeciles

Old 12-11-2016, 08:14 AM

83,560 posts, read 75,474,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
multi-purpose site vs weather dedicated site?
Then why call it a "weather" forum. Should be Multi Purpose Forum. lol

Quote:

I cant seem to get myself to be active on AmWx. I think the site is too slow to load and threads seem all over the place with different regions.

I do like the CD Photo thread and the ability to have conversations aside from weather but you have to admit, sometimes you wonder if there's an atmosphere where some CD members live. They never discuss the weather. Or maybe its because there are too many random threads and they aren't posting in one or two spots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Wouldn't it get boring to talk about nothing except snowstorms? They need a little Southern Hemisphere in there to spice it up

lol. Oh lord..CityData members infiltrating Accuweather forum.

Not everyone gets a snowstorm but we all talk about what the weather is like (even if its raining)

You should check it out in Summer then. Click link and scroll through the threads. Yes gets busier in winter but there are severe storm threads too.

And the Long Range seasonal, ect, threads...

Also remember.. with Accu & AmWx Forum there are a lot of Meteos on the forum and kids going to school studying to be a meteo so the talk of weather and meteorology is a bonus for them.

most of what I learned was from that forum. More interaction too

Old 12-11-2016, 08:17 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,341,504 times
Quote:
That would get boring really fast. It's better when people like a variety of climates I think

Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,506,845 times
Talking about current weather is essential but without the climate- and off topic talk this forum would be too technical and uninteresting for me.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:30 AM

171 posts, read 133,778 times
No point infiltrating the Accuweather forums. All inaccurate crap.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:57 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,466,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
No point infiltrating the Accuweather forums. All inaccurate crap.
Should be Inaccuweather.com

Old 12-11-2016, 12:16 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,840,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I bet you were devastated

Did tonight's UK X Factor air on Finnish TV? They said it did last week for the first time... We get it here in Malta, but we are a few weeks behind, thankfully I can watch UK TV with my magic box

I'm sure some Finns have been voting for her, but she genuinely is popular in the UK & here with me & my partner

And yep I can just imagine the Daily Fail headlines now if she does win lol...
Yeah, it did. Maybe I should watch tonight...

Finnish HACKERS suspected of faking votes on ITV's X Factor!

• Fans of Norwegian contestant Saara Aalto have been suspected of posing as British viewers using computer VPN hacking method
  • The sorry state of the British music industry and patriotism revealed by Britons UNPATRIOTICALLY voting for singer Saara Aalto (29) from Stockholm on the Finnish South Coast
  • First the embarrassment by our Lads in Marseille during EURO 2016 vs Russia, now a FOREIGNOR on the verge of winning OUR competition
AARON MCCHAV and CINDY-ASHLEIGH OIPUFF reporting for FAILONLINE
Published: 13:43 GMT, 11 December 2016 | Updated: 17:06 GMT, 11 December 2016

Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,543,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, it did. Maybe I should watch tonight...

Finnish HACKERS suspected of faking votes on ITV's X Factor!

• Fans of Norwegian contestant Saara Aalto have been suspected of posing as British contestants using computer VPN hacking method
  • The sorry state of the British music industry and patriotism revealed by Britons UNPATRIOTICALLY voting for singer Saara Aalto (29) from Stockholm on the Finnish South Coast
  • First the embarrassment by our Lads in Marseille during EURO 2016 vs Russia, now a FOREIGNOR on the verge of winning OUR competition
AARON MCCHAV and CINDY-ASHLEIGH OIPUFF reporting for FAILONLINE
Published: 13:43 GMT, 11 December 2016 | Updated: 17:06 GMT, 11 December 2016
Lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather