Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times

Advertisements

I hate foreignors

Old 01-05-2017, 12:33 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I hate foreignors
I know. Most of those buggers can't even spell English properly!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:34 PM

Yeah its annoying when you go to Spain and they cant speak English, its like a third world country. Boke.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:38 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Good news everyone above 10 and below 65 speaks English in Sweden then!

#firstworldcountry

Old 01-05-2017, 12:40 PM

99% of our population speaks English.

Finally, the UK is better than the Nordics on something.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The way Europeans discuss immigration and their immigration issues, seems different enough from the US I can't really add much but someone from Finland and England can relate; Acajack can though.
Pretty simple distinction is that Europe has been much more about asylum and non-Judeo/Christian immigration, whereas the US has primarily taken immigration from Catholics for working purposes in recent decades. Therefore I think the divides in the US are more of cosmetic reasons (skin color), whereas over here it's very deep cultural divides that people can't overcome. I'm sure many of those I'd consider unintegrated would've loved to in the first place but got sucked into this ghetto culture and the anti-society vibes in there because they had nowhere else to live when they came.

There's also a massive divide in success rate between Muslim immigrants from the Balkans & Lebanon and the rest of the Muslim populace when it comes to actual integration and cultural affiliation. It comes down to secular culture vs deeply religious culture. Bosnia is no less unsecular than somewhere like the Carolinas or Georgia. Possible less so than Alabama for example!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Yeah its annoying when you go to Spain and they cant speak English, its like a third world country. Boke.
Worst part is, there's lots of people here who are that way. Like if locals should adjust to them and not the other way around.

I asked one of my neighbors who went to Mexico City (an older white man, probably about 65-70 years old) how it was and his response was "I didn't like it, not many spoke English".

And then I asked him if we would speak Spanish to Latin tourists here and his response was "no, they should learn English".

Um WTF?

Old 01-05-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Pretty simple distinction is that Europe has been much more about asylum and non-Judeo/Christian immigration, whereas the US has primarily taken immigration from Catholics for working purposes in recent decades. Therefore I think the divides in the US are more of cosmetic reasons (skin color), whereas over here it's very deep cultural divides that people can't overcome. I'm sure many of those I'd consider unintegrated would've loved to in the first place but got sucked into this ghetto culture and the anti-society vibes in there because they had nowhere else to live when they came.

There's also a massive divide in success rate between Muslim immigrants from the Balkans & Lebanon and the rest of the Muslim populace when it comes to actual integration and cultural affiliation. It comes down to secular culture vs deeply religious culture. Bosnia is no less unsecular than somewhere like the Carolinas or Georgia. Possible less so than Alabama for example!
Yeah, this seems to be the major divide. If you look at many anti-immigrant parties in Europe, they are usually against 'third world' immigration rather than immigration in general. In the UK that's not the case, since anti-immigrant parties here dislike immigration in general, whether it's from Pakistan or Poland. For them it's mostly about the strains immigration causes on housing, education and healthcare, as well as job competition pushing down wages for low income earners - or at least, this is the facade they use.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
99% of our population speaks English.

Finally, the UK is better than the Nordics on something.
If that's true probably a higher average speaking English than of the populace here being able to speak Swedish. I think 90 % have it as mother tongue, but probably 3-4 % out of the 25 % of foreign near descent don't speak it all. Very worrying sign of a failed integration model. Thing is though that stats like that are forbidden to produce in Sweden, it'd be too embarrassing for successive governments would those results leak...

Old 01-05-2017, 12:49 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Doesn't your part of Florida have lots of non-English speakers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather