Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 02:45 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,568,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No sympathy for Xi from me. The "press conference" was a farce. It was like from the 70's. When Xi entered the room the Chinese journalists stood up in applause while the Finnish ones were tapping on their smartphones. YLE got a "secret" memo about what Chinese journalists MUST write about, and what they cannot write about.

Then our president Niinistö told how good friends we are and how we are committed to the 'one China policy', and was the nice lapdog. Then Xi said how good a partner Finland is and how technology-sharing is mutually beneficial (and China has more spies here than the USSR had during the Cold War).

No questions could be asked. Even Putin takes questions if possible.

And here's the best part: Finland offers aid to develop the justice system of China. The human rights there are a disaster, but never mind that, let's give legal aid to oppress more!
I only said what I did because Trump is clearly an idiot and it's kind of embarrassing to see him talking to world leaders who are much more competent than he is.

The UK does the same, sucking up to China for investment. Pathetic.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:46 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
My president is more entertaining than your president

Old 04-08-2017, 02:46 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Oooh, and Putin wants to meet with Trump in Helsinki in May. It would create a lot of prestige for us, but what a show that would be.

@realDonaldTrump
Met with Putin and it was cold in #HKI ! Where is global warming? #coal #Finlandsucks

Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I only said what I did because Trump is clearly an idiot and it's kind of embarrassing to see him talking to world leaders who are much more competent than he is.

Are you kidding me? Trump just made more of a statement in Syria with his ACTIONS than Obama ever could have dreamed of with his WORDS. it is obvious that Obama was not as respectable on the world stage.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:54 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,443,154 times
Obama wasn't trying to make a statement involving syria

Old 04-08-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Obama wasn't trying to make a statement involving syria
Assad thought he could act with impunity as soon as trump took office. Trump couldn't permit that.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:56 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,501,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Are you kidding me? Trump just made more of a statement in Syria with his ACTIONS than Obama ever could have dreamed of with his WORDS. it is obvious that Obama was not as respectable on the world stage.
What is your opinion on Trump now btw? Given how angry you were with him during the election? Was that mainly over concerns about his Russian policy (which let's face it hasn't changed too much from the previous administration).

Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,790,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

But the UK has some leverage to stand up to China. Xi met also with our Speaker of Parliament, and human rights issues were not discussed... on purpose. We saw what happened to Norway when they awarded the Nobel Peace Price to that Chinese activist.

Sure, Finland as a small country cannot bully anyone, but playing a two-faced diplomacy isn't really the way to go either.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:00 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,568,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
This has nothing to do with Trump being an idiot - and I'd argue that firing missiles at Syrian airbases isn't a smart line of action to begin with.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
What is your opinion on Trump now btw? Given how angry you were with him during the election? Was that mainly over concerns about his Russian policy (which let's face it hasn't changed too much from the previous administration).
Too early to say. Trump seems to have been viscerally affected by the chemical weapon attack. American intelligence officers are probing probable Russian involvement. Trump now has access to intelligence that will demonstrate very clearly the extent of Russian treachery. It's a possible game changer. Cautiously optimistic about Trump at this point though. At the very least, the demands of the job force the hands of Trump and Tillerson to act in a way that conforms to traditional American foreign policy paradigms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.