Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 02:51 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Both things. I just can't stand their hipocrisy. And it's the most politized football team in Europe. Football is a sport, not propaganda for politicians. FC Barcelona since 2011/12 is more a political instrument rather than a football team. They also cry 1 of a 100 times when a referee does something bad but they don't say nothing when 1 of 10 times a referee helps them. So screw them, basicly.
Do you have a soft spot for Espanyol then? Also what do you think of Athletic? There we can talk about a political instrument deluxe

Personally I'd say if I have any favourite teams in Spain it'd be Celta and Real Sporting, basically because I like those regions! A bit of a soft spot for Valencia though.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:57 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Real Madrid aren't free from political links. Let's not forget their past, their success was largely built on political corruption and the support of a dictator.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:07 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Do you have a soft spot for Espanyol then? Also what do you think of Athletic? There we can talk about a political instrument deluxe

Personally I'd say if I have any favourite teams in Spain it'd be Celta and Real Sporting, basically because I like those regions! A bit of a soft spot for Valencia though.
My favorite team is definitely Valencia, more for their badge lol, and also since they are the 3rd or 4th biggest team in Spain historically. I support in general most of the Basque or Galician clubs. I have a soft spot for Celta and Athletic

Old 04-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
That's what I'm worried about.... I actually hate Barcelona.
They played Malaga this weekend, and Malaga had a legitimate goal ruled for offside and then had a foul in the penalty box called a free kick instead of a penalty. Malaga would've thrashed Barca much worse than 2-0 without the ref's help

Valencia's rivalry with Sevilla isn't as strong as with Villarreal or with Levante. Levante has been awful tho recently, even worse than Valencia, so the rivalry has died down

Old 04-11-2017, 03:41 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,432,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Rubbish! You were all for Trump until he started cosying up with Putin lol, you dropped your support for him like a bag of sick, now he has done ONE thing to pi** Putin off & you are a fan again
WTH exactly is "rubbish"? I said in another post I'm cautiously optimistic about Trump at this point. I even just said I still have reservations, FFS. It's almost like you think I should be forced into committing to a categorical view of a politician based on their political rhetoric. THAT is rubbish.

Still want to hear what you think is "rubbish." That I am cautiously optimistic about Trump? Why would I say that if I felt otherwise? I didn't hold back in expressing my thoughts on Trump prior to the election. Since then, TBH, because he won, it's been an apprehensive "wait-and-see" situation. AND IT STILL VERY MUCH IS!!!! In terms of geopolitics, this missile strike is not just "one thing"; it's one BIG thing in the bigger picture.

I don't know what you're even thinking. You argue with me just for the sake of it. It's obvious that your analysis is incredibly superficial. You perceive that I've gone from "TRUMP GOOD" to "TRUMP BAD" to "TRUMP GOOD" all over against and you see it as a sign of being fickle. What an unbelievably infantile perception. I am simply reacting to the totality of constantly changing circumstances and my own political intuition.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:46 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:

Espanyol? As it's name says... cool team. They are known to go to any football match with their Spanish flags behind. So a big support for them!

Athletic is not a political instrument. Most of Athletic supporters are normal basque people (when I say this I refer to normal basque people = not independence supporters) although the independence of the Basque Region is in it's historic low... recent polls show just 24% of support. Most of the young people don't support it, the majority were the ones who now are middle aged and lived the "kale borroka" age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Real Madrid aren't free from political links. Let's not forget their past, their success was largely built on political corruption and the support of a dictator.
That was 50 years ago when Spain was a barely 2nd world country... Dictatorship is linked with corruption, no exceptions. And hey, the football team of Franco was Atlético, not R. Madrid as the people thinks.

http://www.estrelladigital.es/articu...435203623.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
My favorite team is definitely Valencia, more for their badge lol, and also since they are the 3rd or 4th biggest team in Spain historically. I support in general most of the Basque or Galician clubs. I have a soft spot for Celta and Athletic
My 2nd favorite is Valencia. Once a time was Villarreal, when Senna played there.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:14 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
That was 50 years ago when Spain was a barely 2nd world country... Dictatorship is linked with corruption, no exceptions. And hey, the football team of Franco was Atlético, not R. Madrid as the people thinks.

[url]http://www.estrelladigital.es/articulo/futbol/gran-mentira-franquismo-y-real-madrid/20140711180435203623.html[/url
It was a long time ago, but during that period Real Madrid won 5 European Cups and established its global reputation. Real Madrid wouldn't be the club they are today were it not for what happened during that era. I know little about Franco's private affiliations, but there's little doubt that he gave the club a "helping hand".

Old 04-11-2017, 04:16 PM

Why then is it so important for Athletic to only field Basque players if the club's not a political instrument? I smell a rat here from Junta General El Junter - general de turismo del España

Didn't Franco have any degree of personal support for his hometown club of Racing de Ferrol btw? I really like their green shirts - they look just like the nature in the A Coruña province

Old 04-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Why then is it so important for Athletic to only field Basque players if the club's not a political instrument? I smell a rat here from Junta General El Junter - general de turismo del España

Didn't Franco have any degree of personal support for his hometown club of Racing de Ferrol btw? I really like their green shirts - they look just like the nature in the A Coruña province
I think it's more for culture and history, as opposed to politics. Athletic is not really a politically charged club. Alavés seems to be more extreme

Old 04-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I think it's more for culture and history, as opposed to politics. Athletic is not really a politically charged club. Alavés seems to be more extreme
Are Alavés hardcore nationalists? That sounds weird because it's the least Basque-speaking area of the entirety of Euskadi and the Pamplona part of Navarre...

San Sebastián is far more Basque-speaking than any other area including Bilbao, yet Real Sociedad have had foreign players for 28 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather