Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Why then is it so important for Athletic to only field Basque players if the club's not a political instrument? I smell a rat here from Junta General El Junter - general de turismo del España

Didn't Franco have any degree of personal support for his hometown club of Racing de Ferrol btw? I really like their green shirts - they look just like the nature in the A Coruña province
It's not del España, it's de España.

Tourism general? lol why? If i'm speaking about Spain 90% of times is because: 1. Most of my climatic acknowledge is based in Spain. 2. Practically no one else does. 3. It's the 2nd biggest country of the EU so before I came here it was mentioned just a few times. Even Greece and Serbia were mentioned more in the weather forum than Spain before I came to this forum. hehehe

I don't know nothing about Franco so I can't answer that.

And they field Basque players because they train them by themselves in the young team of Athletic or from small Basque teams, without paying millions for players. And not all of their players are Basque. Some aren't.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:31 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
It's not del España, it's de España.
Oh well my Spanish is non-existent

Quote:
Tourism general? lol why? If i'm always speaking about Spain is because: 1. No one else does. 2. It's the 2nd biggest country of the EU so before I came here it was mentioned just a few times. hehehe
It's the urban legend in here that you're paid by the Spanish tourist board! You haven't debunked it before so

Quote:
I don't know nothing about Franco so I can't answer that. And they field Basque players because they train they by themselves in the young team of Athletic, And not all of their players are Basque. Some aren't.
Well the rest of them (like Raúl García and Iker Muniain) are Navarrese, which Basque nationalists have always claimed as part of Euskadi. I would therefore refer to those players as 'Basque' in the eyes of the supporters.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Oh well my Spanish is non-existent

It's the urban legend in here that you're paid by the Spanish tourist board! You haven't debunked it before so

Well the rest of them (like Raúl García and Iker Muniain) are Navarrese, which Basque nationalists have always claimed as part of Euskadi. I would therefore refer to those players as 'Basque' in the eyes of the supporters.
It's the "urban legend" which Razza invented and he only says that because he is jealous of my climate. The climate of Altea is very similar to an A climate for him. Razza, admit it.

Nah I have some Basque friends and just a very few considers the Navarrese as Basques. Is like saying that the Catalan nationalists consider the Balears as Catalan because they also speak Catalan.

The Navarrese people in fact are heavily proud of their Navarre heritage. Basque is spoken just in the north of Navarre. Technically Pamplona, the capital, is half and half, but that's very false. According to the Valencian government, Alicante is a city with Valencian majority (i'm talking about the most frequent/daily language) but just a very few people talks Valencian in Alicante city, 90-95% talks just Spanish.

When I was there with a friend we were doing a joke in the center speaking Valencian and many people was looking at us with a strange face. Even in Barcelona, Spanish is predominant. But Catalan is much more integrated in Barcelona and practically any sign is also in Catalan. And 100% of Catalans know to speak Catalan too. But even in the city of Valencia, the majority speaks just Spanish. In Alicante most.

Last edited by ase42dv; 04-11-2017 at 04:54 PM..

Old 04-11-2017, 06:08 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
WTH exactly is "rubbish"? I said in another post I'm cautiously optimistic about Trump at this point. I even just said I still have reservations, FFS. It's almost like you think I should be forced into committing to a categorical view of a politician based on their political rhetoric. THAT is rubbish.

Still want to hear what you think is "rubbish." That I am cautiously optimistic about Trump? Why would I say that if I felt otherwise? I didn't hold back in expressing my thoughts on Trump prior to the election. Since then, TBH, because he won, it's been an apprehensive "wait-and-see" situation. AND IT STILL VERY MUCH IS!!!! In terms of geopolitics, this missile strike is not just "one thing"; it's one BIG thing in the bigger picture.

I don't know what you're even thinking. You argue with me just for the sake of it. It's obvious that your analysis is incredibly superficial. You perceive that I've gone from "TRUMP GOOD" to "TRUMP BAD" to "TRUMP GOOD" all over against and you see it as a sign of being fickle. What an unbelievably infantile perception. I am simply reacting to the totality of constantly changing circumstances and my own political intuition.
Rubbish is what you wrote.

It is true you were all for Trump, you loved his policies, everything about him, then BOOM, you went off him completely in an instant as soon as became pally with Putin!

Now just because he has done something that has annoyed Putin you are all for Trump again.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it, that is indeed fickle & also rather ironic that you you wrote the bit in bold, as your political fickleness is indeed unbelievably infantile

Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Rubbish is what you wrote.

It is true you were all for Trump, you loved his policies, everything about him, then BOOM, you went off him completely in an instant as soon as became pally with Putin!

Now just because he has done something that has annoyed Putin you are all for Trump again.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it, that is indeed fickle & also rather ironic that you you wrote the bit in bold, as your political fickleness is indeed unbelievably infantile
I am not "all for" Trump. Do you understand ANYTHING I've written? Fickle? I must not have been clear enough in expressing my priorities. While I have my opinions on things like healthcare and other domestic issues, NONE OF IT MEANS SQUAT TO ME IN COMPARISON TO UKRAINE. My opinion of Trump will depend entirely on this factor. CAPISCE?

Old 04-12-2017, 01:23 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,391 times
We're having a test today in social economics, and one of the preparation questions is which of the 4 P's of marketing the different systems use (monopoly, oligopoly etc.). What's annoying is that on the internet, the most common answer regarding oligopoly is they don't use price competition (or they'd rather not) because price wars will only end in reduced revenue for all parties involved, and so they focus on place, product and promotion instead. However, in our text book it says they do everything except promotion because the products are relatively homogenous and so there's nothing to promote .

The answers given on the internet make much more sense than what's given in the textbook, but I mean text books are generally pretty right when it comes to points on tests...

Old 04-12-2017, 02:55 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Quote:
It's the "urban legend" which Razza invented and he only says that because he is jealous of my climate. The climate of Altea is very similar to an A climate for him. Razza, admit it.
I doubt I invented it, I've actually had people say it to me in private messages, I just happen to be the only person to say it openly on these boards. Clearly a lot of people agree with me, because I always get high rep from those comments. I say it because you always bring the same Spanish climates into every thread, including unrelated ones. We played guess the location and climate the other day, little surprise, you chose a Spanish climate! It took me long to guess because I didn't think you'd be so obvious

I like Spanish climates, and I generally rate them high on here whenever we have polls. But I've said on here that I like places with a chilly winter to add a sense of variation, so long as they're not too brutal, and summer highs between 25-28C so long as it's not extremely humid. Istanbul is a good example of my preference. If your climate had a winter like London, and a bit more rain throughout the year, then I would be very jealous.

I also think Nino Bellov is possibly the President of Serbia.

Last edited by Razza94; 04-12-2017 at 03:55 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I like Spanish climates, and I generally rate them high on here whenever we have polls. But I've said on here that I like places with a chilly winter to add a sense of variation, so long as they're not too brutal, and summer highs between 25-30C so long as it's not extremely humid. Istanbul is a good example of my preference. If your climate had a winter like London, and a bit more rain throughout the year, then I would be very jealous.

I also think Nino Bellov is possibly the President of Serbia.
Are all these A+ climates for you razza?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo...adavia#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma...ington#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland,_Oregon#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamplona#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitoria-Gasteiz#Climate

Old 04-12-2017, 03:49 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,863 times
Comodoro Rivadavia: C - Too dry, winters slightly too mild, and sun not concentrated enough in the summer.
Tacoma: B - Good in every way except the high rainfall in winter.
Portland: A - Still has that annoying PN winter rainfall, but the summers are perfect.
Nante: B - Only one summer month just reaches 25C, and the sunshine levels aren't great.
Pamplona: A - Winters highs slightly too mild, but everything else is good.
Vitoria-Gasteiz: B+ Summer sunshine is the only real weakness.

A lot of places in the PN are close to perfect for me, but a lot are let down by very high rainfall in the winter. Paris with summers like Nice wouldn't be too bad either

Old 04-12-2017, 03:54 AM

This one then? Warmer summer nights and not too much rainfall. Granted a bit mild winters but still!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather