Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
I have plans on becoming a cop, but apparantly the recruitment center doesn't even bother taking a single look at you if you say that you have ADHD. I get that they don't want impulsive people as cops, but symptoms can vary from person to person, and you don't even need to have impulsivity problems (you can be a mainly inattentive type). What's absolutely absurd and pisses me off the most is their explanation though.
You know it's a bad police state when fully-functioning people can't even become policemen

I wouldn't be a very good policeman though. I'd just mow rioters down if they threatened me Perhaps I could work in Ferguson?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:35 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Haha! It apparently has the highest density of pubs of any city in the UK. I'm not an ale drinker though, more of a neat rum or G&T man myself (as well as everything else sans beer/lager).
Sounds good to me as I'm a big Ale fan. Norwich narrowly beat York in the beer census a couple of years ago. I'm sure Norwich, York and Sheffield are still the top three for Ales on tap.
I'm also a rum fan! I'm sure there'll be plenty of places for it anyway.

You looking forward to moving there? Seems like a nice place. It'd be just your luck that you move there, then London and the South East have a hot, sunny July and August!

Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
Yeah, I'm wondering if it's noticeably different to London in the summer (maybe irlinit will be able to help). I'm expecting the nights to be much colder, sunshine hours look similar (though the early spring warm up will probably be ruined by sea fog). Summer is wetter there, but it has more thunderstorms. It also has cold winters for the UK.

I spent 4 years in Southampton for uni, and that was noticeably wetter than London. Temps seemed similar though (but took ages to warm up in spring compared with what I'm used to).

I've had a look on streetview at some areas, the vegetation and parks look quite different to here. Barely any horse chestnuts, locust, eucalyptus, or even cordylines that are basically weeds here. No chance of loquats or CIDP either.

Last edited by B87; 05-19-2017 at 07:02 AM..

Old 05-19-2017, 07:41 AM

Norwich is very similar to York, although it's wetter and probably foggier, particularly in winter.
Even though Owen insists it's SE England, Norwich climate is more like a Yorkshire city than a SE city.

If you look on street view for here, our vegetation here will look quite different to London. Not many palms, and where there are palms, they tend to be small. Loads of horse chestnuts here though. Every street that has a tree will have them.
We have loquats too as I've posted pictures of them before.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:44 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
The stats for Norwich are actually Coltishall. I imagine Norwich is slightly warmer in summer/cooler in winter? Maybe 22/13 in July/August, and 6/1 in January.

Norwich Airport is the current weather station, though data isn't public.

Obviously I haven't streetviews the whole of Norwich, but I haven't found a single loquat tree. They There are a lot of pines, lindens and cherries. Where I live, there are lots of horse and sweet chestnuts, ash, locusts, oak etc. I've only spotted a couple of eucalyptus/cordylines. I would've though eucalyptus would be very common.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:51 AM

The pictures I posted weren't loquat, they were Quince.

I'm not sure if I've seen many Eucalyptus around here? I'm not really great at identifying trees tbh.
Well if it's 22/13 in Norwich, then it isn't too bad. Probably won't feel much difference other than during the extra hot days London would get.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
You know it's a bad police state when fully-functioning people can't even become policemen

I wouldn't be a very good policeman though. I'd just mow rioters down if they threatened me Perhaps I could work in Ferguson?
That's the way to do it, take no prisoners!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM

51 posts, read 32,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post

You wouldn't. You swedes are too nice to do this.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,573,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Norwich is very similar to York, although it's wetter and probably foggier, particularly in winter.
Even though Owen insists it's SE England, Norwich climate is more like a Yorkshire city than a SE city.

If you look on street view for here, our vegetation here will look quite different to London. Not many palms, and where there are palms, they tend to be small. Loads of horse chestnuts here though. Every street that has a tree will have them.
We have loquats too as I've posted pictures of them before.
I've been noticing more CIDPs in my area, but they're only small. I'll have to take some pictures at some point.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 AM

13,480 posts, read 9,020,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I've been noticing more CIDPs in my area, but they're only small. I'll have to take some pictures at some point.
There were lots appearing all around the UK, thanks to the likes of B&Q selling them cheaply, but most were killed during the cold winters of 2009/2010. I guess due to a run of milder winters again people have been planting more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather