Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 09:33 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
To be honest, if you're eating the dead animal, why does it even matter? I understand the animal cruelty side of it but honestly people claim to love animals so much but eat steak, burgers and chicken nuggets five days out of the week. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.
Everyone is a hypocrite in some way - you won't find many people who 100% practice what they preach. I don't like the idea of animals being killed at all, but I still eat meat. Doesn't mean I'd be okay with a prolonged and painful death though.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:34 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerParty View Post
I never seen that. The only scams I've seen are "organic" and anything that feature's Jamie Oliver's bastard ass mug on it in, which costs 4x as much as an identical home brand product. Jamie Oliver is a self-righteous piece of s**t, I hate that c**t, the asshole is trying to force a sugar tax on us, on our soft drinks and sweets, punishing mere mortals who work their asses off, when the bastard has all the money in the world. He was even as arrogant as to say "it will happen" on national news. **** you. I can't stand these higher than thou pricks, especially when they have more money than any of us will ever earn in a lifetime, trying to impose their cretinous ideology on us while he pads his nest on the royalties of the idiots here that don't know any better and buy his scam products. A pox on the ****en asshole. Thankfully our govt said no.

Razza, I have one of his cookbooks, but now it is destined to be fuel in my Weber.
I've always thought he's a bit of a c***. Lecturing everyone on healthy eating when he's starting to look like the Scottish guy from Austin Powers.

He's not even that good a chef either. He tries to promote a BS rivalry with Gordon Ramsay, even though Gordon Ramsay has 16 Michelin Stars, and Jamie Oliver has none. He only competes with him in terms of his bank account, which is expanding almost as rapidly as his stomach.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:36 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,953,522 times
Quote:
I never seen that. The only scams I've seen are "organic" and anything that feature's Jamie Oliver's bastard ass mug on it in, which costs 4x as much as an identical home brand product. Jamie Oliver is a self-righteous piece of s**t, I hate that c**t, the asshole is trying to force a sugar tax on us, on our soft drinks and sweets, punishing mere mortals who work their asses off, when the bastard has all the money in the world. He was even as arrogant as to say "it will happen" on national news. **** you. I can't stand these higher than thou pricks, especially when they have more money than any of us will ever earn in a lifetime, trying to impose their cretinous ideology on us while he pads his nest on the royalties of the idiots here that don't know any better and buy his scam products. A pox on the ****en asshole. Thankfully our govt said no.

Razza, I have one of his cookbooks, but now it is destined to be fuel in my Weber.
The Lilydale free range chickens here have that, or they heavily imply it in their advertisements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It presumably means the animal didn't suffer. Why do you think people oppose Halal slaughter? Because it prolongs the suffering of the animal. The fact that they all die in the end isn't really the point.

There have also been stories in the UK about chickens and pigs being boiled alive. You can probably understand why a lot of people don't really like that.
I get that, but it dies in the end anyway. People against all of that tend to go down the vegetarian route, which I could never do btw.

And people who boil meats are f*cked from the start.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:37 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Everyone is a hypocrite in some way - you won't find many people who 100% practice what they preach. I don't like the idea of animals being killed at all, but I still eat meat. Doesn't mean I'd be okay with a prolonged and painful death though.
I guess I can understand that. It doesn't make sense to act like such a pretentious douche about it though (not saying you btw).

Unless someone is a vegan, I really can't take them seriously when they act all high and mighty and like the morality police when it comes to things like this lol.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:39 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
The Lilydale free range chickens here have that, or they heavily imply it in their advertisements.

I get that, but it dies in the end anyway. People against all of that tend to go down the vegetarian route, which I could never do btw.

Yeah, but it's like all people die in the end - but nevertheless we go out of our way to make sure death is relatively painless. Same with animals. It's not fair on the animal that it's being killed in the first place, but at the very least you can ensure that their death is quick.

I mean, think of it this way - if you found out that companies in Australia were boiling animals alive, would you not find that slightly disturbing? Not even a little bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I guess I can understand that. It doesn't make sense to act like such a pretentious douche about it though (not saying you btw).

Unless someone is a vegan, I really can't take them seriously when they act all high and mighty and like the morality police when it comes to things like this lol.
Yeah, I guess. I'd find a vegetarian diet really hard, let alone a vegan one. I guess that makes me a hypocrite to a certain extent, but I can admit that, lol.

I remember seeing this video of a cow being chased through the streets - I forget where, probably Africa or the Middle East - but people were kicking it and punching it and then they slit its throat. I found that really upsetting, and I have no doubt that if I ever saw a video of a cow, or any other animal, being slaughtered, I'd probably go off meat forever. That's why I'll never watch one.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 05-31-2017 at 09:47 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but it's like all people die in the end - but nevertheless we go out of our way to make sure death is relatively painless. Same with animals. It's not fair on the animal that it's being killed in the first place, but at the very least you can ensure that their death is quick.

I mean, think of it this way - if you found out that companies in Australia were boiling animals alive, would you not find that slightly disturbing? Not even a little bit?

I mentioned that the people that boiled live animals are f*cked.

I guess where I'm coming from is that we eat the animal in the end - and with humans, we don't eat each other (well, most of us.) I don't want the animal to be skinned alive or any torturous sh*t like that, but I doubt the killing processes are that horrible in large companies. I agree with the halal thing too, why's that being enforced so much? I know it doesn't make a difference to the taste of the animal but the old testament has certain ways of killing animals and they aren't enforced in supermarkets...

Old 05-31-2017, 09:47 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I've always thought he's a bit of a c***. Lecturing everyone on healthy eating when he's starting to look like the Scottish guy from Austin Powers.
YES! I've noticed that aswell, during his news interview trying to foist his bastard sugar tax on us, his face was looking a lot more bloated and oily than usual...

Quote:
He's not even that good a chef either. He tries to promote a BS rivalry with Gordon Ramsay, even though Gordon Ramsay has 16 Michelin Stars, and Jamie Oliver has none. He only competes with him in terms of his bank account, which is expanding almost as rapidly as his stomach.
lmao! Not wrong there. He just goes trying to foist his nazi ideology on the poor population and using social engineering of kids to leverage his nazi BS so the populace will believe him and embrace him and his attack on personal responsibility, just like the far-left labor gubbermunts and greenies. Gordon Ramsay is a real chef who just tells it like it is and doesn't go around foisting his mantra on people. And he actually tries to help people and their restaurants, unlike that swine Oliver who is not interested in anything except his own back pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Lilydale free range chickens are a thing here, won't be caught dead buying it. 2-3x the price of normal chicken which tastes exactly the same and will give you the same amount of cholesterol.

Quote:

Rather be dead than be vegetarian. And those that boil meat, need a date with me and my Weber.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:50 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
YES! I've noticed that aswell, during his news interview trying to foist his bastard sugar tax on us, his face was looking a lot more bloated and oily than usual...

lmao! Not wrong there. He just goes trying to foist his nazi ideology on the poor population and using social engineering of kids to leverage his nazi BS so the populace will believe him and embrace him and his attack on personal responsibility, just like the far-left labor gubbermunts and greenies. Gordon Ramsay is a real chef who just tells it like it is and doesn't go around foisting his mantra on people. And he actually tries to help people and their restaurants, unlike that swine Oliver who is not interested in anything except his own back pocket.
People have also complained about his shows and cook-books, where he claims to be helping people make "affordable" meals, when in reality they're middle-class dishes on a very middle-class budget. He seems to think working class families have saffron and truffles lying around in their kitchens!

Don't even get me started on his Mockney accent!

Old 05-31-2017, 09:52 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Them f*cking vegans should stop eating the animals' food

How cruel is that?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Lilydale free range chickens are a thing here, won't be caught dead buying it. 2-3x the price of normal chicken which tastes exactly the same and will give you the same amount of cholesterol.

Rather be dead than be vegetarian. And those that boil meat, need a date with me and my Weber.
Lmfao my mother buys the lilydale chicken, and it does taste exactly the same as any other chicken. I mean I don't complain about it but I certainly wouldn't buy the stuff if I lived on my own.

And boiling meat, such as sausages, is still a thing in slav countries but they somehow make it taste good. Otherwise if you don't know what you're doing, grilling or roasting is the safest and tastiest option 9/10 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather