Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,185,637 times

Advertisements

That winter is virtually over in Central Oklahoma. No, it's not very warm yet but any chance we have of getting any significant snow is going down the tubes and fast.

Last weekend we had freezing rain Saturday morning which changed to rain for the rest of the day and overnight (were supposed to get some snow Sunday morning.) It's just getting too late in the year now and we're on the fast up swing now.

It might as well get mild now because we're supposed to get another "arctic blast" tomorrow that will drops us to the 30's with rain, compared to the 20's and snow we would've had a month ago.

I prefer chilly weather to warm weather, but 30's and rain....come on.... I'd take some average weather in the 50's now, but not that crud. So you hear that winter, I give up...give me comfortable weather or bring in a huge arctic front with snow. One of the two, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Nameless, you're lucky that your snow season is over. Do you like snowmobiling or skiing or do you just like snow? Have you ever thought of relocating to the Black Hills in a few years? They have plenty of snow and still have a somewhat mild climate.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,185,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Nameless, you're lucky that your snow season is over. Do you like snowmobiling or skiing or do you just like snow? Have you ever thought of relocating to the Black Hills in a few years? They have plenty of snow and still have a somewhat mild climate.
I've been skiing before, and I enjoy it one small hills. I can't see myself hurling down a mountain out of control. I've never been snowmobiling but if it's anything like riding an ATV just on snow, I'd like it.

The problem is I like living here but winter is a month too short and summer a month too long.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Climatology Comparison for Rapid City, SD - weather.com

Is this the type of climate you'd like? I can't remember the average snowfall for Rapid, but just northwest of it~Spearfish has something like 72 inches per year of snow.

Sorry. I know you don't live in Tulsa, but I can't get your town to register on that chart. I have no idea why because it's definitely not a little town.

You'd be surprised at how similar the people in our two states are.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
The worst of winter is over here in Denver. We'll get more snow, but not the kind that stays on the ground for more than a couple days. The sun is now strong enough to burn your skin and we're getting regular days in the 50s, if not 60s. Our average high is up to 49 now. Within the next couple weeks, some of the bulb flowers should start popping through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather