Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 11:20 PM

2,652 posts, read 3,410,408 times

Advertisements

It's been snowing for a few hours straight! Glad to see them in Dwa climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 04:23 AM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Finally turning warm for us by Monday, this 3 week long cold snap is finally over
Quote:
Love it that this 3 week cold spell is finally ending in the West and switching warm
I'm gonna miss my 30s for lows and 40s/50s for max. Ugh. At least I had a week to prepare for this new colder change.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:40 AM

How did I do?

Jan 21st:

Quote:
When are those models predicting a warm up for the SW? We are looking at hi temps only in the high 50's to low 60's the next 7 days (normal High 69°)
Jan 21st:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Wild guess that when our pattern changes next week, yours will. So when we start getting cold in the East, you will get warm. So I'm guessing end of next week you'll start to see the change. I haven't checked anything for SW
Yesterday Jan 28th.

Quote:
Love it that this 3 week cold spell is finally ending in the West and switching warm

Also....

From Jan 23rd East:

Quote:
Is it Spring yet? I'm not looking forward to the pattern change end of this month and into February. Might not be extreme but I'm done with the cold.

From Jan 25th:

Quote:
I'm just not ready for this kind of February. Ugh. No noteworthy warm breaks being shown for next 2 weeks. Except today and tomorrow.

Here we are 7 days later new pattern is here, finally was normal yesterday.. and here's the latest GFS for NYC. Have to wait to mid February for a warm break but that's 2 weeks away so who knows, might stay seasonable/cold instead. Note the snowstorm still showing up for Feb 6th! (Euro doesn't have it now)

Jan 21-27 temp departures. 30s and 40s wasn't "warm" but sure was warmer than "normal". Wow.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:49 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Again, you're completely stupid. The graphic was clearly showing rain and mid 40s in the afternoon tomorrow. It's supposed to be rainy and not warm up. BullochResident was obviously not referring to mid 40s at night as "chilly" as that is pretty standard for an Orlando winter night.

Even down here the predicted high tomorrow is only 59 F with rain. Which yes, it being nearly 20 F below average IS chilly by our standards.

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or if you completely lack reading comprehension, but you're really making yourself look stupid right now.
Not cold. Canary islands have plenty 59F days in winter.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:50 AM

3,147 posts, read 1,979,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
What graph? I searched but don't found it.

Post here one forecast that show a high at or below 50F to Orlando tomorrow and I will agree with you.

I will help you with the forecast of Weather.com :

The high tomorrow will be 11F below average and the low will be the normal average.

Your high of 59F will be only 9F below normal,not 20F, man seriously...
You're right, it's already 8c in Orlando and it isn't 7am yet. I doubt Orlando will have a high in the 40's when it is only 4F from 50F.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:42 AM

749 posts, read 418,842 times
Default F/Cm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Sorry, I do usually post Metric and Imperial as much as I can. But I guess I just got lazy.

Out of curiosity, do you really have difficulty with gauging how much snow this is (or not) in cm? Because I deal in only in cm for snowfall all the time, but I have a pretty good idea of how much it is in inches if someone uses that measure.

Not being snarky, BTW. Just wondering.
I've always used Fahrenheit but, perhaps laziness on my part...Just realized, lately, that it would be nice ito see them both used and so encouraging others to do the same.

Hope that explains

Old 01-29-2017, 05:50 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,620,154 times

January is usually Chicago’s snowiest month

Old 01-29-2017, 06:02 AM

Poor forecasters... Gotta love last minute changes...

Quote:
Tonight into Monday Alberta clipper comes down. Misses us to the SOUTH.

I noticed yesterday the NAM had the clipper further north for tomorrow and brought "LIGHT" snows into NYC, Long Island and Southern CT for couple hours.. Thought was a fluke.

But now the GFS more north as well. So the northern precip edge clips NYC, Long Island and southern CT with "LIGHT" snows for couple hours in the morning 7-11am

Watch it... See it? Any little more shift north and could be interesting for NYC, Long Island and Southern CT. Nothing north of coast.

NWS Upton: Mentions the north more shift ALSO says if trends north more could mean a period of moderate snow with few inches.

Quote:
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service New York NY
630 AM EST Sun Jan 29 2017

.SYNOPSIS...
A cold front approaches today and passes through tonight. Low
pressure then passes to our south on Monday, then another low
pressure system passes through Tuesday into Wednesday morning.

The region remains between a strong low pressure center well to the
NE and a strong high center over the Rockies. This will continue the
breezy pattern we`ve seen for the past few days, but today should
have weaker winds.

06z guidance has continued to shift north with a low pressure
system tracking to the south of the region Mon morning indicating
an increasing potential for a light accumulating snow across
NYC/NJ metro and LI Monday morning. This system bears watching
as any farther north shift would bring potential for a period
of moderate snow with a few inches accum across LI/NYC...as
models are signaling good frontogenetic banding
signature currently just skirting the coast.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:08 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
You're right, it's already 8c in Orlando and it isn't 7am yet. I doubt Orlando will have a high in the 40's when it is only 4F from 50F.
Doesn't matter, Temps can drop throughout the day or only budge 2 more degrees up.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:20 AM

Here were the 6am temps this morning (not actual lows)

Mid 40s in Florida overnight with clouds around?

Here's why..... The Dive of the Jet Stream but look at the mid level temps inside the trough, not impressive. This is why surface temps aren't extreme but will be seasonable and cold/chilly.

I want that ridge back over the Southeast. I'm done with this winter.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather