Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 04:19 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Wunderground now shows a low of 24F next Thursday night! NWS is showing 28F.
Forecast lows in Indianapolis Thursday night are forecast to be in the Teens Thursday night through Saturday night with the coldest temperatures possibly near 10 Degrees Fahrenheit on Saturday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 04:19 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Wunderground now shows a low of 24F next Thursday night! NWS is showing 28F.
That's very bitter for your latitude, your a zone 9a right? That's practically your yearly minimum temp lol.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:25 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
That's very bitter for your latitude, your a zone 9a right? That's practically your yearly minimum temp lol.
No it's not lol....even Tallahassee that's noticeably warmer in winter gets a cooler minimum temp than that annually (average is about 20 F I believe).

I would guess Alexandria would see an average yearly min of about 18 F or so.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
No it's not lol....even Tallahassee that's noticeably warmer in winter gets a cooler minimum temp than that annually (average is about 20 F I believe).

Consider yourselves lucky that you Southerners have such mild winter climates; the average yearly minimum temperature here in the Indianapolis area is around -8F or at least around that give or take a degree people who actually live in the South have no idea what truly cold weather is, and I am saying this as a southern transplant living in the Midwestern U.S.,people in Indianapolis are tough compared to people like myself

Old 12-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:

Oh lol, I guess so, thought he was close to new Orleans I guess not.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:40 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Consider yourselves lucky that you Southerners have such mild winter climates; the average yearly minimum temperature here in the Indianapolis area is around -8F or at least around that give or take a degree people who actually live in the South have no idea what truly cold weather is, and I am saying this as a southern transplant living in the Midwestern U.S.,people in Indianapolis are tough compared to people like myself
Wow, that's lower than I expected (I was expecting Indy to have an annual extreme low of about 0 F or -2 F or so) but the upper South can see some REAL cold from time to time. TN and KY can drop below 0 F sometimes.

Quote:
Nah, Alexandria is pretty far inland and north from NOLA. It's pretty much the exact center of LA.

Although, I would assume 24 F in early December IS pretty noteworthy, but not quite as bitter as you made it seem lol.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's lower than I expected (I was expecting Indy to have an annual extreme low of about 0 F or -2 F or so) but the upper South can see some REAL cold from time to time. TN and KY can drop below 0 F sometimes.

Nah, Alexandria is pretty far inland and north from NOLA. It's pretty much the exact center of LA.

Although, I would assume 24 F in early December IS pretty noteworthy, but not quite as bitter as you made it seem lol.
My forecast low is 23, not atypical for December. Pretty normal for a minimum temp, in fact it's a bit warmer than the 81-10 min temp . Anything below 16 in December is pretty noteworthy to me.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 PM

Just checked The extended forecast from wunderground and the coldest temperature forecast for the Indianapolis metro area at this time is forecast to be about 16F , ditto for the weather forecast from the national weather service for Indianapolis, they also are forecasting the coldest temperature to be about 16F for Friday and Saturday morning; any low below -10F is noteworthy for Indianapolis in December.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Maybe some snow for a couple games football Sunday?? Poor Texans, I say Green Bay will win that one. lol

Check out the Jet Stream.. Reason why snow falling in parts of Arizone, New Mexico and maybe Texas last I checked

Old 12-02-2016, 05:09 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,353,919 times
Quote:
I'm in zone 8b, closer to 9a than 8a. We nearly always get to 25F or below each year, but lows below 15F are pretty rare. So far in 2016, it hasn't been below 27F but hopefully changes next week.

Quote:

Back in 2011 it got down to 23F on December 8. The record low for that date is 20F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather