Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 11:27 AM

470 posts, read 454,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That's what I said.
I was just emphasising the differences seen between even different parts of Houston, as it pertains to frequency of 100F temps/high heat.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 11:46 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,879,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAL View Post
I have done all those things. It is you who lacks the concept of relativity. That is, Houston isn't the most ideal climate for me, but it is the best Texas has to offer for climate (for my purposes), along with the entire Gulf Coast of the state.

1.) No, it isn't flash-flooding, just classic tropical-style down-pours, something the rest of the state sorely lacks in.

2.) Rather have wet, muggy air from the Gulf than burning hot, dry winds off the land (that much of Texas deals with).

3.) There's always contacts, you know.

4.) Yes, Houston floods, a sign of a place with abundant rainfall. I'll take that over much of Texas, which prays for rain regularly during summer. By the time a drought even starts to show signs of presence in Houston/Southeast Texas, the rest of the state has already been dried up and baked to a crisp. Massive drought in SE TX = normal year or deluge for the rest of Texas.

5.) Yes, people die in floods, a large part from not following instructions (don't drive past barriers that clearly are to mark off passageways that can't be crossed). This happens in Houston, and the other large cities in Texas.

6.) More kids and elderly are dying from heat in other parts of Texas (which stay in the 100s for weeks every summer) vs Houston (where 100s are relatively infrequent).

7.) Central America, in the humid tropics, is warm year-round at low elevations, and, thus, is loaded with bugs of all kinds, varieties not even seen in the US. So, unless you lived high up in the mountains when you were in Central America, your statement is absolutely false.

8.) The winds off the Gulf are soft and gentle, not searing dryness from land, nor harsh winds from severe storms, which is a stronger problem for much of the rest of Texas.

9.) Yes, Houston gets hurricanes. But, given the loads of prep-time afforded by constant monitoring, I find hurricanes far easier to deal with than...

10.) Tornadoes. Much of the rest of Texas deals with with destructive, deadly twisters (especially Northern Texas); the tornadoes that happen in Houston are so weak, that no one even knows that they've occurred (they might not even be tornadoes, just damaging winds/gusts).

Well, with all this said, you have single-handedly destroyed your whole argument, as well as your credibility, so that part is done. You and your family can keep San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas weather. You all have fun praying for rain while in those cities, dealing with weeks and weeks of 100F. I'll take Houston and the Texas Gulf Coast, where 100F is avoided many years, and has real summer storms, with real magnificent trees.
HAHAHAHAHA No I know you haven't lived in Houston. Nice try... thanks for the laugh.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
HAHAHAHAHA No I know you haven't lived in Houston. Nice try... thanks for the laugh.
A classic case of reaction formation. You know deep down in your heart how misreable in climate the rest of Texas is compared to Houston/Southeast TX. No wonder why you never backed up your reasons for preferring the climates in Austin/San Antonio/Dallas.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:24 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Lol what? Houston is a significantly better climate than Dallas. Much higher record lows, more precipitation, comfier lows year round, milder summers, etc. Dallas has winter nights that are way too chilly. Houston actually seems like an amazing climate from September to June, it's just that the summers are really bad
More like October to May...

Old 08-08-2016, 02:22 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,574,917 times
This thread is the most pathetic piece of sh*t I have ever seen.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:51 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,215,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I wonder why...

Old 08-08-2016, 03:19 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,922,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

At least cold epoch guy is acknowledging the failings of the inland southeastern US subtropical climates.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:46 PM

3,314 posts, read 2,215,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
At least cold epoch guy is acknowledging the failings of the inland southeastern US subtropical climates.
I think VIRAL is Mr. Cold Epoch

Old 08-08-2016, 03:49 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRAL View Post
You know deep down in your heart how misreable in climate the rest of Texas is compared to Houston/Southeast TX. No wonder why you never backed up your reasons for preferring the climates in Austin/San Antonio/Dallas.
No it isn't. We got along just fine with the dryish heat in Central Texas. We BBQ's, went to the pools, rode bikes, etc and had no problems doing it as kids. I seen adults walk, do many activities throughout the day in Central Texas under the July and August heat. It is not as miserable as you think it is/was. Also, I know many people who prefer Central Texas or North Texas climate to Southeast Texas. Some do not care for the high humidity and dewpoints that is in Houston.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Yes, inland TX is a failure of a climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No it isn't. We got along just fine with the dryish heat in Central Texas. We BBQ's, went to the pools, rode bikes, etc and had no problems doing it as kids. I seen adults walk, do many activities throughout the day in Central Texas under the July and August heat. It is not as miserable as you think it is/was. Also, I know many people who prefer Central Texas or North Texas climate to Southeast Texas. Some do not care for the high humidity and dewpoints that is in Houston.
This doesn't involve you. The poster staked a claim, and needs to back it up properly, so he/she can be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather