Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
I mean this in the nicest way possible - why the hell, why in the HELL would you move from Cairns to bloody Failbourne? Why?

Another lame and crap day there today, only 22C while 36C forecast here. The forecast sucks dick Melbourne Forecast
there's 30C days at least if you ignore all the other ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 02:55 AM

284 posts, read 282,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkBeerDrinker View Post
I mean this in the nicest way possible - why the hell, why in the HELL would you move from Cairns to bloody Failbourne? Why?

Another lame and crap day there today, only 22C while 36C forecast here. The forecast sucks dick Melbourne Forecast
Unfortunately there are other factors at play besides weather when deciding where one lives.
At least I go back to Cairns every year to enjoy some warmth while Melbourne is still sitting in the teens.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:20 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,005,110 times
Models increased the cold in 5 days for the Southern Cone,with a powerful anticiclone of 1032mb coming from Patagonia and staying in Northern Argentina,the most impressive is the cold in 850mb,first the -6/-8C line in Northeastern Patagonia right above Viedma,-4/-6C well into BA province and 0C/-2C close to Buenos Aires,also it are showing temperatures of 0C to the highlands of Southern Brazil,thoses conditions can and will if happens destroy some plantations,because farmers don't wait for this just 15 days before summer begins.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:25 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Omg OMG omg OMG THE JACARANDAS ARE BLOOMING HERE OMG OMG OMG THIS IS ****ING EXCITING OMG I LOVE JACARANDAS EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PURPLE

Old 11-13-2016, 12:42 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Omg OMG omg OMG THE JACARANDAS ARE BLOOMING HERE OMG OMG OMG THIS IS ****ING EXCITING OMG I LOVE JACARANDAS EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PURPLE
Shows the difference latitude makes -my climate has the same average temperature, and warmer maximums than Valparaiso during November, but Jacaranda won't flower here until January/February.

Paulownia has been flowering for a while now - a nice purple, but not as vibrant as Jacaranda.

Last edited by Joe90; 11-13-2016 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Shows the difference latitude makes -my climate has the same average temperature, and warmer maximums than Valparaiso during November, but Jacaranda won't flower here until January/February.

Paulownia has been flowering for a while now - a nice purple, but not as vibrant as Jacaranda.
I bet part of it is because the winters in NZ are chillier. Valparaiso has not dipped below 7c at night this year, while in Motueka the average lows are below 7c for five months of the year

Old 11-13-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I bet part of it is because the winters in NZ are chillier. Valparaiso has not dipped below 7c at night this year, while in Motueka the average lows are below 7c for five months of the year
Motueka average lows close to freezing in July .

Puerto Montt at the same latitude average warmer minimuns but cooler highs than Motueka.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:58 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Possibly, although the warmest parts of this region didn't drop below 5C for the winter and I can't imagine they would have flowering any different to here. I think the same would be true of NZ's warmest areas which are warmer than Valparaiso during winter -they do flower earlier, but still more like Dec/Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
Motueka average lows close to freezing in July .

Puerto Montt at the same latitude average warmer minimuns but cooler highs than Motueka.
Yep, both very similar for winter average temperatures, but with Puerto Montt getting more rain/rain days and being cloudier. Certainly different in summer though, with the summer nearly as cold as April here.

Any idea how often it snows there?

Old 11-14-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

Yep, both very similar for winter average temperatures, but with Puerto Montt getting more rain/rain days and being cloudier. Certainly different in summer though, with the summer nearly as cold as April here.

Any idea how often it snows there?
Snow is quite rare in Puerto Montt,I dont know why because they use to get a lot of subfreezing lows through autumn/winter,countered 22 at or below 0c mins from may until september this year.
maybe because thoses lows only happens during clear mornings? who know.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 AM

Inmet issued an red alert for heavy rain between anothers risks for Southeastern Region,yesterday has rained a lot there and it may lasts for some more days,affected region :

"Potential hazards: Great floods and floods of rivers,landslides and great damages and losses in general. Rainfall greater than 60 mm / h or 100 mm / day."

The map shows exactly where the rain will be concentred nexts 16 days :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather