Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Australia or America's climate in general?
Australia 45 31.91%
US 96 68.09%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:53 AM

963 posts, read 855,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
The US is far better simply due to the amount of diversity in the climates, which cannot be found in Australia.
The fact that a country is more diverse in climates doesn't make it necessarily better.

And as which country's climate is better for me Australia of course, no disgusting continental climates found there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 12:01 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,351,000 times
US for sure. Currently more interesting and excitable than here.

Australia particularly during Nasty N Ugly El Nino patterns is not the place to be. Avoid coming here at all costs during horrid dry El Ninos and be here when lovely wet La Ninas finally revs up delivering much needed lovely soothing rain

Old 07-28-2017, 06:54 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
US for sure. Currently more interesting and excitable than here.

Australia particularly during Nasty N Ugly El Nino patterns is not the place to be. Avoid coming here at all costs during horrid dry El Ninos and be here when lovely wet La Ninas finally revs up delivering much needed lovely soothing rain
Currently where? You know how bone-dry SoCal and the surrounding is right now? You would yearn for that moisture Sydney is having in the mornings at least. Lol.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:12 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,351,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Currently where? You know how bone-dry SoCal and the surrounding is right now? You would yearn for that moisture Sydney is having in the mornings at least. Lol.
Wrong! Look up Accuweather and you'll see what I'm talking about
I want to meet you because I like people that challenges my way of thinking...
We live in the same city - different suburbs though - and it would be nice to see a face to your name :-)

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 07-29-2017 at 09:23 AM..

Old 07-29-2017, 04:10 PM

340 posts, read 297,647 times
My favorite broad climate type is continental, which Australia doesn't have. Also I like the variety this country offers in general climate-wise and I prefer the northern hemisphere winter. So overall I'd say I like this country's climate better.

However in certain areas Australia definitely comes out on top.

Mediterranean:
What I like about Western Australia's Mediterranean climates compared to those in California is that they aren't as moderated at the coast. The summer weather at the coast is a little warmer, along with the water.

Humid Subtropical:
I really like New South Wale's moderated humid subtropical climates, which aren't subjected to cold fronts. The closest thing in this country might be a micro-climate in Hawaii somewhere but that's about it.

All in all each country has its pros and cons. But I'd have to pick the US.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:15 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,303,345 times
I'm slowly starting to get sick of the weather in the US, so I'll choose Australia.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:20 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Wrong! Look up Accuweather and you'll see what I'm talking about
I want to meet you because I like people that challenges my way of thinking...
We live in the same city - different suburbs though - and it would be nice to see a face to your name :-)
Yeah, it's interesting if C-D members would meet and discuss these things face to face.

What part of the US do you like right now? The humid and rainy midwest I'm guessing?

Old 04-04-2021, 04:57 PM

1,503 posts, read 914,682 times
Australia of course. The best of the USA is very good to excellent climate wise in my opinion (S Florida and especially Hawaii) but they're a small minority with a lot of nasty climates like Chicago or Fairbanks.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisfbath View Post
Australia of course. The best of the USA is very good to excellent climate wise in my opinion (S Florida and especially Hawaii) but they're a small minority with a lot of nasty climates like Chicago or Fairbanks.
I love how you dare to compare Chicago Illinois to Fairbanks Alaska perhaps unmitigated climate change will indeed make cities such as Chicago like Fairbanks, who knows.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:07 AM

1,503 posts, read 914,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I love how you dare to compare Chicago Illinois to Fairbanks Alaska perhaps unmitigated climate change will indeed make cities such as Chicago like Fairbanks, who knows.
Haha I didn't compare Chicago and Fairbanks, I just gave them as examples of US climates I don't like - one very large city with a bad climate and one smaller city with a very bad climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather