Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer Australia or America's climate in general?
Australia 45 31.91%
US 96 68.09%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:44 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times

Advertisements

Australia as it is all pretty much in Koppen's C&A zones temperature wise; none of those pesky D or E climates like a ton of the US has
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 06:01 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,501,903 times
Australia as long as you stay on the southerly coastlines. That gives it my vote, too much of the US is too humid in summers and very cold during winters.

Sydney vs Santa Barbara (best climates respectively) are very equal though.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Australia as long as you stay on the southerly coastlines. That gives it my vote, too much of the US is too humid in summers and very cold during winters.

Sydney vs Santa Barbara (best climates respectively) are very equal though.
Sydney is too moist and rainy, I think Perth has the best climate of the big cities in Australia

Old 09-17-2016, 06:46 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
I like high desert climate, no matter where it is.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:03 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,493,219 times
USA. No cold winters in Australia and the only snow is in some isolated mountain areas. Also, much more variable in America. Also, no dry winter zones outside of the tropics of Australia and the only places with cold and snow have pitiful summers and loads of rain. And the scenery in the western us and Alaska blows away anywhere in Australia. The only mountains in Australia are forest covered and the only dry, scenic places are lowlands

Old 09-17-2016, 08:27 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,939,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Sydney is too moist and rainy, I think Perth has the best climate of the big cities in Australia
Perth is also too moist and rainy....in the winter.

At least in here, winter and summer are almost equally as sunny. You can get good bouts of sunny or wet days in any season.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:40 AM

574 posts, read 1,305,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I can't stand the climate of Perth lol!

Old 09-17-2016, 08:41 AM

574 posts, read 1,305,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Perth is also too moist and rainy....in the winter.

At least in here, winter and summer are almost equally as sunny. You can get good bouts of sunny or wet days in any season.
Perth is still very sunny in winter at times, just doesn't get those all day rainy days!

Old 09-17-2016, 08:48 AM

3,314 posts, read 2,214,302 times
US by a massive margin

Old 09-17-2016, 09:01 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I voted america but with alot of reservations, there are parts of Australia that are fantastic and a great number of american states, probably the majority of american states, have awful weather. In America I personally like california , a few parts of the pacific northwest, most of the southeastern us , especially the coastal regions, and the gulf coast.

I know it wasnt climate and diversity but states like California,the Carolinas,Alabama, Georgia, Florida if you consider alot of floridians have mountain homes in georgia and the carolinas,have so much diversity in just that one state. Mountains with snow ,tons of rivers and very lush greenery, warm water oceans in just one state is probably the only tipping point for my american vote

But the best of Australia's climate is certainly one of the best in the world and hard to beat. Australia has a much better culture in alot of ways than the US, less guns and crime, less race problems than the US, as a southerner I love the Aussies have a awesome gambling and horse racing culture and ladies of the evening are legal, really cool beach and sailing culture and closer to Asia. Seems really expensive to live there but I would love to check it out
....really? Talking culture, crime, and politics in the weather forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather