Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 11:43 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,010,801 times

Advertisements

How would y'all expect me to look like?

Old 04-19-2017, 04:39 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
Ariete: Intro to Finnish Politics 101 professor

Junter: Tourism ambassador for Spain

Snj90: Ukrainian-Russian Conflict: Russian Imperialism 301 professor

chicagogeorge: Tourism ambassador for Chicago

ABNW: Tourism ambassador for San Diego

LA-mex: Tourism ambassador for Los Angeles/refrigeration salesman/AC system salesman

Old 04-19-2017, 05:51 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post

LA-mex: Tourism ambassador for Los Angeles/refrigeration salesman/AC system salesman
If Spain is a country chosen by God with 13 different climates / immense variety of landscapes why wouldn't I talk about it. La tierra prometida.

Actually is the only place where I can talk with 100% acknowledge so I prefer to talk a few just about other places to don't mess it up. I also know much about the Netherlands too but it's too boring. XD

The Dutch geography and climate can be defined with 5 words: Oceanic. Green. Water. Wind. Clouds. The landscape/climate variation is that low that I can find a bigger difference within 30 miles of Altea.

Time to speak again about Spain.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:38 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,540,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
If Spain is a country chosen by God with 13 different climates / immense variety of landscapes why wouldn't I talk about it. La tierra prometida.

Actually is the only place where I can talk with 100% acknowledge so I prefer to talk a few just about other places to don't mess it up. I also know much about the Netherlands too but it's too boring. XD

The Dutch geography and climate can be defined with 5 words: Oceanic. Green. Water. Wind. Clouds. The landscape/climate variation is that low that I can find a bigger difference within 30 miles of Altea.

I've heard that if you stare into the mirror at midnight and say "Spain" three times, Junter will show up.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:54 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Quote:

Does Spain even have a Cfa climate in the likes of Sydney or Brisbane? I mean, a wet, humid one. Not a transitional one like Barcelona.

If not, then Spain isn't really that diverse. It's mostly Mediterranean, oceanic to the north and semi-arid to the south, no? Its Cfa climates are hardly true Cfas.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post

lommaren: too boring to mention?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 AM

Quote:
If not, then Spain isn't really that diverse. It's mostly Mediterranean, oceanic to the north and semi-arid to the south, no? Its Cfa climates are hardly true Cfas.
RETIRE THAT IMMEDIATELY

Nah, it's a joke lal. I personally consider Barcelona as maritime Csa, according to AEMET is Csa. Btw for me Cfa climates suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Does Spain even have a Cfa climate in the likes of Sydney or Brisbane? I mean, a wet, humid one. Not a transitional one like Barcelona.
Spain has 13 Köppen climates according to the official AEMET (Spanish met agency) climate categorization...

The 7th most varied country in the world (by climates) in a piece of land smaller than Texas. Can't deny it Turkey and I think Argentina too also have 13 climates, but they're much bigger than Spain so they play with advantage XD.

Yes, it has a few spots with true Cfa climates. In Catalonia, Navarra and Aragón.

Of course in the majority of the country 4 climates predominate. But that doesn't mean that you can't find 9 more.

In less than a 10 hour drive to any direction from Altea I can visit 11-12 different landscapes

Old 04-20-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, it has a few spots with true Cfa climates. In Catalonia, Navarra and Aragón.
Can you link their Wiki tables? What cities exactly?

Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Can you link their Wiki tables? What cities exactly?
Not cities but towns and some forest zones.

According to the AEMET climatic guide:

Cfa climate: is mainly seen in the northeast of the Peninsula, within an area of medium altitude which surrounds the Pyrenees and the Iberian mountains.

I rember in a Spanish forum someone putting photos of a zone highlighted as Cfa and was very green and dense (not rare imho).

Old 05-06-2017, 12:59 AM

Junter, this is how I imagined you to look like:

Close enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather