Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 03:20 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
Kind of hilarious/ironic that their sister city is Vladivostok. Birds of s****y weather fly together.
They should look into becoming sister cities with Inukjuak and Chongqing too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
They should look into becoming sister cities with Inukjuak and Chongqing too
Inukjuak really is a chapter of its own. It almost deserves its own climate talk

Old 11-09-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Inukjuak really is a chapter of its own. It almost deserves its own climate talk
Considering the latitude Vladivostok is insane too. Bastia at the same latitude is 21 degrees Celsius warmer in January. TWENTY ONE DEGREES!!! That's just insane for a coastal location at such a low latitude to be that cold. Vladivostok is even a solid 8-10 degrees colder than places in the Northeast US at a similar latitude. Of course I bet a similar comparison can be made for Inukjuak with some places in Sweden or the British Isles

Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM

I think NYC sunshine hours are fine, nothing wrong with that. Only thing I hate is that the sunshine hours are very streaky, like you can have a month of pure sunshine and then three weeks of gloom (like this past May). I wish it was more like Valparaiso where it changes every single day, and even sometimes half a day can be cloudy (usually the morning) and the rest is sunny

Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 PM

108 posts, read 98,381 times
Brownsville, Texas gets less than 30 inches of rainfall annually, despite being RIGHT ON the Gulf Coast. What's up with that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browns..._Texas#Climate

Same with Progreso, in the Yucatan Peninsula, compared with nearby Merida:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...C3%A1n#Climate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A...C3%A1n#Climate

The joke gets worse further inland in Texas, when you are in areas like Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Waco, etc. Brownsville, at least, has very mild winters to make it up, as well as summers with Gulf breeze; it just needs more rain, and the climate would be perfect. Those other cities, on the other hand, are far hotter in temperature, and are drier (with less frequent rainfall in July/August than Phoenix, of all places), while still being humid. Then come winter, they turn around, and get very cold/temp swings (worse in North Texas).

What the hell kind of Cfa climate averages less than 2 inches of rain in August?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#Climate

The sensible climates in the state are far Western Texas (Lubbock, El Paso, Amarillo, etc), and the coastal area east of LONG 96 (Houston metro, Golden Triangle, etc). The western Texas areas are low in rainfall, but have the dry air that goes along with it, while Houston/Golden Triangle has the plentiful rainfall year-round that goes with the humidity.

Last edited by Samurai_Key; 11-09-2016 at 04:12 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 04:27 PM

171 posts, read 133,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

That's a joke? For you Portland, Victoria has a crap climate?

That's because you haven't seen the climate of Newport, Oregon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport,_Oregon#Climate
It has an absolute ass of a climate. Cold "summers" and dank gloomy wet winters that drag on forever. No summer to look forward to. Look at their forecast Portland Forecast

ASS of a climate. And Newport is at 44* so not really a valid comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Portland, Victoria, looks like it's a rainier San Francisco or something. Must be the coolest-summer coastal climate on the Australian mainland?

Must also be Australia's easternmost csa/csb climate?
It is the coolest summer climate on the mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Lol, this is quite a fail whale for 38S. Penis McGhee.
PENIS MCGHEEEEEE Portland Forecast

There are places within the arctic circle that have better summers. The summers of this HORSES ASS climate are no warmer than Northwestern Europe and Vancouver and unlike these places, it has the benefit of a massive, hot desert relatively nearby, yet this is all it can manage. HERP DE DERP

Old 11-09-2016, 04:49 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Where in gods name in florida do you live, in some sort of bizarre microclimate? you said you live 10 minutes away from tarpon springs and it got 8 inches in july, 12 inches of rain in august, 11 inches in September? Thats not exactly las vegas or reno rainfall averages, its more rainfall than most people see all year

Florida always some of the highest rainfall averages for its cities. You live in the exact opposite of what schleprock lived under, he lived under a perpetual rain cloud, you are living under perpetual sunshine where all around you is rain. Most of florida gets a ton of rain
Never enough rain for me and i hate the sun. I must have a force field around my area as so many times i watch blow ups just miss me by about a 1000 yards all around me day after day in the summer.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
He/she exaggerates, poster is from Tarpon Springs, FL. Central FL does have a winter, albeit a mild one, TS is not Bangkok or Khartoum ffs
I am no where near Tarpon. 12 miles north of Tarpon springs is not in Tarpon springs. I guess rainfall amounts don't vary at all during the summer from city to city you are saying. Shows how much you know.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
The record low there is -7, colder than Montevideo, Auckland, Buenos Aires, so he has a winter even if he don't wanna admit it
Had winters back in the 80's, Coldest since i started keeping records was 19 on Xmas day of 1983 when i was living in Tampa. Have had no cold weather since 2010, what i mean by cold is sub 34 for my area. Since 1990 the winters have been warm minus 95-96 and 2010. Nothing like the super freezes we had in the 80's.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:05 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
Quote:
Considering the latitude Vladivostok is insane too. Bastia at the same latitude is 21 degrees Celsius warmer in January. TWENTY ONE DEGREES!!! That's just insane for a coastal location at such a low latitude to be that cold. Vladivostok is even a solid 8-10 degrees colder than places in the Northeast US at a similar latitude. Of course I bet a similar comparison can be made for Inukjuak with some places in Sweden or the British Isles
Inukjuak February mean -25.8
Stornoway February mean 3.4

That difference...

Inukjuak July mean 9.4
Yakutsk July mean 19.5 (62 N)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather