Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 10:07 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,506 times

Advertisements

Used to live in Seattle.

It wasn't for me lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 10:33 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,677,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
As per topic, the climate of Mecca is justified. Horrible yes, but totally appropriate for its location.

You listed Singapore earlier in this thread even and I told you the same thing (all these climates are justified). Don't confuse this thread with "bad climate" thread.
That's a lame excuse. Every climate would be justified

Old 07-04-2017, 03:04 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever96 View Post
Most of Africa has an uncomfortable climate Eventhough our species apparently evolved there without any need for AC or heating. Funny.
Hundreds of thousands of years ago, stretching back beyond a million. Climatic changes will have taken place.

And livability isn't the only deciding factor for me. Africa is great for people who wish to run around naked like our cavemen ancestors, AC definitely comes into play in the 21st century when people wear clothes and spend a lot of time indoors.

Anyway. I'm retired...

Old 07-04-2017, 07:14 PM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
That's a lame excuse. Every climate would be justified
Apparently, 98% of the people in this thread disagree with you. There is a reason why Mecca is so hot and dry, and Singapore hot and humid, and how nobody brought them up (besides you). Judging by their location, they are entirely justified. And everyone knows that in here.

Please follow this thread's rules. Or you can might as well bring up Vostok Station and Dallol next.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:23 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,540,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Apparently, 98% of the people in this thread disagree with you. There is a reason why Mecca is so hot and dry, and Singapore hot and humid, and how nobody brought them up (besides you). Judging by their location, they are entirely justified. And everyone knows that in here.

Please follow this thread's rules. Or you can might as well bring up Vostok Station and Dallol next.
All climates can be explained; doesn't mean they are justified. Mekka is a bit of a joke because it's significantly warmer than almost all places nearby, and warmer than in the middle of the Sahara.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
All climates can be explained; doesn't mean they are justified. Mekka is a bit of a joke because it's significantly warmer than almost all places nearby, and warmer than in the middle of the Sahara.
I know. Mecca is crazily hot and there are places cooler on its latitude. But it isn't the "biggest joke" or that much of a deviation, considering that the surrounding places in southern Arabia (excluding the highlands) and horn of Africa are almost as hot too. In other words, its scorching climate is still a bit fathomable - latitude and inland location.

This thread is aiming the more "obvious" cases such as Lima, San Francisco, Vladivostok and the likes. Not Singapore and Mecca. As I said, EverBlack is just listing her least favourite climates. And this thread is not about your disliked climates - Otherwise, I would've listed Mecca, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Minneapolis, and titled this thread "worst climates ever".

If you want to list your worst climates, you can always go to this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/weath...t-weather.html

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
When I think of joke climates I think of climates that are ridiculously cold/hot/cloudy/dry for their latitude and location. Such as Vladivostok (ridiculously cold and nasty year round for no reason), Mosul (inexplicably brutal summers), Bogota (unbelievable cloudiness for an inland location in the tropics at a high altiude), Aruba (semi-arid climate despite being in the middle of a tropical sea), etc

Old 07-05-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
When I think of joke climates I think of climates that are ridiculously cold/hot/cloudy/dry for their latitude and location. Such as Vladivostok (ridiculously cold and nasty year round for no reason), Mosul (inexplicably brutal summers), Bogota (unbelievable cloudiness for an inland location in the tropics at a high altiude), Aruba (semi-arid climate despite being in the middle of a tropical sea), etc
Exactly the point of this thread.

People should read your post and write notes, so they can understand the subject matter of this thread already.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:14 AM

197 posts, read 114,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueeferSutherland View Post
Places like Aberdeen, Washington or Eureka, California which have oceanic cool summers for their relatively low latitudes.
These are classics. I would also add Puerto Montt, Chile in the mix. That's basically the "symmetric point" of Eureka on the Pacific coast in the southern hemisphere. This is even more extreme than Eureka, with far less sunshine, more rain and cooler overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Montt

Old 07-08-2017, 04:33 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,267,519 times
Mecca
Kuwait
Most of Iraq
Most of southern China
Most of India
Most of Pakistan
Antarctica
Sudan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather