Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2016, 01:14 AM

22 posts, read 19,580 times

Advertisements

I created a map that consists of land masses stretching from latitudes 1°N to 62°S and longtitudes from 59°E to 91°E. What will be the climate of the land masses. Also in the Western coast i put some high mountain range from 58°S to 6°S, 63°30'E to 66°20'E and it's a narrow Mountain range with maximum width only 400km at 30°S to 35°S between the western slopes and eastern slopes. The highest mountain will be located in 30°S 65°E at peak 7250m asl, and there's also great lakes which is big but yet very narrow. I also thinks that the west coast will have Mediterranean climate near ocean and dessert in the leeward side of the mountain range in the mid latitudes while have tropical savanna and rainforest far north. This east coast wouldn't have Mountain range yet having a lot of rolling hills and escarpment also decidous forest. The central will be just a great plains, prairies in the mid latitude rainforest in north tundra in south and great lakes. I know this such a crazy imagination, but if it's do what will be the effect on southern hemisphere climate, global climate, local climate, air masses, and ocean currents. I know there's some small island in those latitudes and longtitudes just pretend it doesn't exist. (NOTE: I ALSO MAKE RAILWAY LINE)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather