Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 06:09 PM

2,505 posts, read 1,845,872 times

Advertisements

Still all rain for down here, although possible backside snow showers (like what happened during last years' Jonas) will still have to be monitored during the afternoon hours on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Dear God, push this storm farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from us. GFS WANT TO TIE RALEIGHS SECOND ALL TIME LOW AT -2. THIS WOULD BE THE 4TH TIME IN 130 YEARS TO GO SUBZERO. A low that cold would hurt some native vegetation, destroy most landscapes completely, and burst pipes everywhere.
Lol. I just saw this post coming. Get ready for single digit temps Monday morning on top of several inches of snow. Your low could be even lower than Cambium's that morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 06:11 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I'm trying to decide whether to stay in Atlanta or head to our lake house on the GA/SC border. It's looking like Atlanta may get more snow but I've yet to see the lake and the surrounding countryside with snow.

Then again, it doesn't matter too much to me. I'll be heading back to PA for school in a few weeks and I'm sure to get much more snow there.
Ohhh, that would be nice to see. Depends where at the GA/SC border. Further north the better of course.

Quote:
Dear God, push this storm farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from us. GFS WANT TO TIE RALEIGHS SECOND ALL TIME LOW AT -2. THIS WOULD BE THE 4TH TIME IN 130 YEARS TO GO SUBZERO. A low that cold would hurt some native vegetation, destroy most landscapes completely, and burst pipes everywhere.

leaving this current map here. Going to be interesting to look back on. I think Raleigh hit 50s today... so where's the cold air? It's coming

Current temps (8pmEST)

Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
Still all rain for down here, although possible backside snow showers (like what happened during last years' Jonas) will still have to be monitored during the afternoon hours on Saturday.

Lol. I just saw this post coming. Get ready for single digit temps Monday morning on top of several inches of snow. Your low could be even lower than Cambium's that morning.
Thats based off a deep snowpack, Nws puts us at 13 with most likely amount of snow being 4 inches. I feel like you love trolling me lmao.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Ohhh, that would be nice to see. Depends where at the GA/SC border. Further north the better of course.

leaving this current map here. Going to be interesting to look back on. I think Raleigh hit 50s today... so where's the cold air? It's coming

Current temps (8pmEST)

average high is 51, we got into low 60s.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:34 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
I am just west of Raleigh, it definitely hit 60 here today.

ETA: just checked it was 64 at RDU.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I am just west of Raleigh, it definitely hit 60 here today.

ETA: just checked it was 64 at RDU.
How you feeling about all this cold and snow. I like snow but not those bitter Temps that might follow. Right now local weather stations and the nws range from 12-15 for coldest low, nothing unusual, but weather models send It lower.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:20 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,930,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Yep it's pretty far north right off I 85. It's right in that corridor that's supposed to get the most snow (in GA at least). Anytime I've been up there with a chance of snow we ended up getting nothing but maybe a little sleet or just cold rain. Then whenever I stay in Atlanta we find out they got a few inches of snow
I know one time my dad and I were going to go up but there was already freezing rain in Atlanta and the roads were a bit icy. Had we gone another 10 miles or so we probably would've been out of it but we just couldn't take the chance. Found out later they got 4 inches while at home it was just ice. I was a sad 10 year old that weekend!

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
How you feeling about all this cold and snow. I like snow but not those bitter Temps that might follow. Right now local weather stations and the nws range from 12-15 for coldest low, nothing unusual, but weather models send It lower.
I don't mind some snow, just as long as it goes away quickly - my issue is with schools being closed for days on end, losing days from what few breaks we have, etc. I used to work for the school system here - got out after 2 straight years of a week of snow days that all had to be made up before the end of the year. Even when the district forgives the days for students, employees have to make it up. Such BS.

And I hate the cold - ready for winter to be over after this.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:33 PM

269 posts, read 237,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
My forecast has changed to nothing but cold rain now.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:45 PM

Latest NAM shifts even further Northwest. A common theme I have heard for this storm is Temps, they could very very marginal meaning a lot of mixing before good hard snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather