Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 02:43 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Azaleas are in full bloom in town today, it honestly the most gorgeous sight to see. I'm in Wilmington now and they are also in full bloom here, absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. You haven't lived life if you have never seen town when Azaleas are in full bloom.
Not as gorgeous as blooming Jacarandas tho. I would kill to have Jacarandas here in the Northeast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 02:47 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,407,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Not as gorgeous as blooming Jacarandas tho. I would kill to have Jacarandas here in the Northeast
I think these azaleas blow away jacarandas, combine that with the crape Myrtle summer flowers... Raleigh and much of the South has overused crape Myrtle and come summer you have hundred of thousand of trees across the state flowering beautiful reds, pinks, purples, and whites. Top that off with the summer flowering gardenias and their heavenly smell and I think we have jacarandas blown out the water.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Oh please come true. I am sick of these 30s and 40s!!

Its April and I been lighting the wood stove for heat as if its February. WTF.

50s finally this week but GFS says even warmer next week.

This is 6hr max April 12th evening.
Omg yes please! This would be the nicest Spring Break present

Old 04-02-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I think these azaleas blow away jacarandas, combine that with the crape Myrtle summer flowers... Raleigh and much of the South has overused crape Myrtle and come summer you have hundred of thousand of trees across the state flowering beautiful reds, pinks, purples, and whites. Top that off with the summer flowering gardenias and their heavenly smell and I think we have jacarandas blown out the water.
I am jealous of the Southern Magnolias as well as the Cherry blossoms. I really want to go to the South this Spring Break so maybe I will get a chance to see it, I don't know what my roommate's plans are yet

Old 04-02-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I am jealous of the Southern Magnolias as well as the Cherry blossoms. I really want to go to the South this Spring Break so maybe I will get a chance to see it, I don't know what my roommate's plans are yet
Southern magnolias are widely planted across the state and are as common as grass just about lol. They are very stately and really look great when mixed with oaks, pines, azaleas, and crape Myrtle likes many landscapes in Zebulon are. You missed out on the cherry blossoms by 2 months.

I wonder, will there be cherry blossoms in NYC tomorrow?

Old 04-02-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Southern magnolias are widely planted across the state and are as common as grass just about lol. They are very stately and really look great when mixed with oaks, pines, azaleas, and crape Myrtle likes many landscapes in Zebulon are. You missed out on the cherry blossoms by 2 months.
Damn. Thanks to our uni schedule where Spring Break is literally a month later than everywhere else

Here absolutely nothing is even close to blooming yet. If I took a photo you'd think it was mid-January by the trees and the (lack of) grass

Old 04-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Damn. Thanks to our uni schedule where Spring Break is literally a month later than everywhere else

Here absolutely nothing is even close to blooming yet. If I took a photo you'd think it was mid-January by the trees and the (lack of) grass
That sucks, I really think if you want a good spring with early leaf out a warm March is best. Hoping NYC will have many cherry blossoms at least! I did find it odd you mentioning spring break now, thought colleges finished way back. May not be bad though as closer destinations to you in the south will be much more enjoyable in April rather than February and march where water Temps are still not pleasant at all.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:46 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
Quote:

I wonder, will there be cherry blossoms in NYC tomorrow?
I wouldn't expect much, you might see a few though.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
"Bastardi thinks a big trough for the East in the 16-20 day period." **** Bastardi and his insane weather predictions :mad :; Now that I have written this, watch Joe Bastardi's Glutton-for-Punishment weather prediction come true.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
That sucks, I really think if you want a good spring with early leaf out a warm March is best. Hoping NYC will have many cherry blossoms at least! I did find it odd you mentioning spring break now, thought colleges finished way back. May not be bad though as closer destinations to you in the south will be much more enjoyable in April rather than February and march where water Temps are still not pleasant at all.
Yup, a warm March would be preferable to a warm February for early blooms here, like last year. Hopefully a warm April would get everything blooming here a bit earlier. By this point of the year I assume anything south of Washington DC is going to have consistent mild/springlike temperatures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather