Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 05:21 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's totally possible. -20F in Montreal and 50F in South Carolina could happen at several periods during the year.
Oh definitely possible, but it'd still be noticeable though. Montreal in January is like 27-30 F colder than Columbia in terms of mean temps in December-February, which would mean Montreal being 70 F colder would require either Montreal being 40 F below normal and Columbia at average temps, or Columbia being 20 F warmer than normal and Montreal being 20 F colder than normal. I'm not saying impossible I'm sure there's been times where Montreal may even be close to 100 F colder than Columbia (say, -30 F in Montreal and 70 F in Columbia in January).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 05:56 PM

1,916 posts, read 1,458,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
March was only a degree or two below average and the coldest days were at most 20 degrees below average. Today was nearly 30 degrees above average. I reached 85 F/29 C today...way too hot.
March 1st and 2nd lessened the blow of those negative anomalies for NYC and Newark though. I didn't like one of the cold waves at all and would have liked less snow from that storm. Hopefully we get up to 90°F next month and over 100°F in JJA.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:
March was only a degree or two below average and the coldest days were at most 20 degrees below average. Today was nearly 30 degrees above average. I reached 85 F/29 C today...way too hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeefan93 View Post
March 1st and 2nd lessened the blow of those negative anomalies for NYC and Newark though.
Right. March was Top 10 coldest until last few days of the month. It was a cold month. Newark had 20 days that were below normal. 10 with double digit negative departure on the max temp.

Newark March 10 was 23 below normal for the max. Today was 23 above normal. Dont see the issue. It happens. If this heat was persistent then I can see why but it was a 2-3 day thing.

Now back to seasonable/slightly warmer than normal

Old 04-11-2017, 06:50 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Right. March was Top 10 coldest until last few days of the month. It was a cold month. Newark had 20 days that were below normal. 10 with double digit negative departure on the max temp.

Newark March 10 was 23 below normal for the max. Today was 23 above normal. Dont see the issue. It happens. If this heat was persistent then I can see why but it was a 2-3 day thing.
The largest anomalies I could find for March here was 21 degrees below average. Today was 28 degrees above average. Big difference.

Winters are very unreliable in our region, but summers are guaranteed. I have absolutely no interest in experiencing heat so early in the spring because I know it'll be here for a solid three months minimum (with plenty of buildup in May and spillover in September).

Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
The largest anomalies I could find for March here was 21 degrees below average. Today was 28 degrees above average. Big difference. ).
March 15th (not 10th, sorry) 23 below for Newark. Here's todays max departures. More impressive for central new england, not us. Amount of Negative March departures more impressive...so far. April not over. Lol #NoSpring

Old 04-11-2017, 06:56 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:
23 below for Newark. Here's todays max departures. More impressive for central new england, not us. Negative March departures more impressive

My closest station is Sussex, NJ (KFWN). Unsurprisingly today's anomalies were greater further inland.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:20 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,352,770 times
Quote:
Winter to Summer. What else is new. #NEVERSPRING

4:30pm temps. July like warmth for some. Mostly June like out there. I hit 75F. No shade. No leaves. Not even down near NYC.

Wow, parts of New England now have been warmer than here so far this year. Warmest here was 86F back in February.

Had some rain today with a brief downpour. I ended up with 0.70 inches. This was the first rain we've received since the flooding storms/tornadoes last Sunday.

High today was 73F. Nice sunset this evening.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:47 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times

This is insane. Most of New England is above even their average July highs! In New York this is merely mid-June weather

Why couldn't every April day be like this? High 70s with low humidity and a bit of wind, that's storybook weather. Wish it could be like that everyday between April 1 and May 31

Old 04-12-2017, 03:41 AM

29,513 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Our second 80 degree temp of the year possible on Saturday

https://tribwgntv.files.wordpress.co...=all&strip=all

Wow look at this temperature spread between lakeshore communities and inland over next 3 days. Weekend looks good. Easter looks dry and pleasant.

GFS forecast for me

Old 04-12-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Had some rain today with a brief downpour. I ended up with 0.70 inches. This was the first rain we've received since the flooding storms/tornadoes last Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
63F here with rain and light thunder.
That's from the same front that will be affecting us here this morning but weak with precip. And as usual, slows down before crossing this area.

Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Wow, parts of New England now have been warmer than here so far this year. Warmest here was 86F back in February.

Well that's interesting. Gees. I know the shoulder seasons have crazy variabilities but to be colder AND HOTTER than the south by mid April is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
This is insane. Most of New England is above even their average July highs! In New York this is merely mid-June weather

Check out Concord, NH. Guess will be an above normal April. lol

Check out the low this morning. Mid June normal low. And near the normal MAX for today. (55)

Yesterdays Max temps

Yesterdays Min Temps

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather