Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:37 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times

Advertisements

Oh no, Winnie, that sounds awful. The weather is sure going wacko again, isn't it? It appears that every state except Fla. is in the deepfreeze right now. No snow on the ground where I live, but it's been very chilly. I think the temp this morning was about 10, but with windchills, it was below zero. It's also very unusual for us to not be blanketed in snow for a couple months already. It looks like we'll have our third nice winter here. (So. Dak)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 07:45 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
What the heck is the matter with people? They expect help to the car while a tornado lurking
Well, I'm pretty much our store's only loading assistant, so I have to do the bidding of our customers, no matter how stupid some of them can be at times. Personally, I think it was very foolish of this man to want help out to his car while a tornado was just a few miles away, but what do I know...I'm just a naive college kid! LOL! You know, I've been hit by hail before, but never before did it sting so sharply! Ouch! LOL!

Old 12-02-2006, 08:40 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Default What Weather????

I told you all to get into SE Ohio.

Duh, no snow, no ice, no hail, lil wind. Don't expect winter till December 21, should be leaving for Florida about then. Winter will be over in March.

Walked the pup in a very lite sweater that I haven't even fully zipped up. Had to use the heat a few days so far. Yup this weather is tough.

But no, you want to live in all them other places. Your choice.

No tornado ever made it up the Fly Hill.

Bad stuff in SD, Ice in MO, Killer stuff in PA. It is all your choice. But then again you all could move to Toledo. I hear there will be some available places there.

Maybe they will have another Blizzard in Boston again. Serves them right, I don't even have to wrap it up or put stamps on it to get it there. Stuff just comes natural.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,483 times
Sweattea- your basement will save you up to a point. An F-5 will rip you right out of your basement which is why many down in NM and TX have special storm shelters buried right into the ground or sometimes even under the basement slab..I believe anything F-2 and up you should be in a storm shelter.

MoMark- lots and lots of rock salt LOL! Been there before with the ice slab just watch you don't knock yourself out falling on your a$$

SWB - next time tell those idiot customers NOOOO! After we had the one tornado (which it seems to have come within 2 miles of my house) we had ANOTHER warning right over the river in the next county..2 miles north. When things get rockin you never know where another one may drop out of the sky from.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 PM

69 posts, read 117,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Sweattea- your basement will save you up to a point. An F-5 will rip you right out of your basement which is why many down in NM and TX have special storm shelters buried right into the ground or sometimes even under the basement slab..I believe anything F-2 and up you should be in a storm shelter.

MoMark- lots and lots of rock salt LOL! Been there before with the ice slab just watch you don't knock yourself out falling on your a$$

SWB - next time tell those idiot customers NOOOO! After we had the one tornado (which it seems to have come within 2 miles of my house) we had ANOTHER warning right over the river in the next county..2 miles north. When things get rockin you never know where another one may drop out of the sky from.
That made me laugh. Be safe ya'll in Tornado Alley

Old 05-13-2014, 10:12 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,956,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global CitiZen X View Post
That made me laugh. Be safe ya'll in Tornado Alley
Lol you think he'd read your past after 8 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather