Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,643,237 times

Advertisements

Thanks LadyRobyn for that update. Yup, we are under a wind advisory and I can see why! Tornado Watch just went into effect for counties just South of us. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night. sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 05:00 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Robyn, I second the "Thank you" for the info. Just before I went to sleep last night, they were showing a tornado rolling across Ok, but it was out in the country. Glad to hear that it wasn't devastating.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,803,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Thanks LadyRobyn for that update. Yup, we are under a wind advisory and I can see why! Tornado Watch just went into effect for counties just South of us. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night. sigh.
Anytime. Now I am just wondering about you... that storm seems to have grown a bit since it left here.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,803,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Robyn, I second the "Thank you" for the info. Just before I went to sleep last night, they were showing a tornado rolling across Ok, but it was out in the country. Glad to hear that it wasn't devastating.
It really didn't get bad down our way, but it did get the storm spotters a little excited.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 PM

we were very lucky tonight. Did have a few severe thunderstorm warnings for our area, but the tornados stayed south of us and that is a blessing for us just bad for them.

The temp is fast dropping, and it is still raining heavily so this will be tricky for the ice and snow. I do hope not..I got spoiled by the warmer temps we have been having..

how about you guys North and East of us? Alabama and Georgia/????

Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,470,266 times
I'm updating my warnings. For Keene NH

FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...

RAINFALL OF 1 TO 2 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL COMBINE WITH SOME SNOW MELT TO POTENTIALLY PRODUCE FLOODING ACROSS THE WATCH AREA. THE HEAVIEST RAIN IS EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING.

(at this point all I can say is bring it... after 125 inches of snow not much is phasing me anymore, In the words of Mr. Ron White... its gonna be a good day tater.)

also...

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

ICE ACCUMULATION LIKELY ACROSS SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE BEST CHANCE FOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS OVER ONE QUARTER INCH RAIN FALLING ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE THIS AFTERNOON IS LIKELY TO BECOME FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET SOMETIME TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO EARLY WEDNESDAY. HIGHEST RISK FOR ICING IS THE HIGHER TERRAIN AND PARTICULARLY THE NORTH PORTION CHESHIRE COUNTY AND THE NORTHWEST PORTION OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY

Old 03-04-2008, 11:22 AM

Oh Tara girl, you guys are really catching it for sure. I hope you stay nice and warm inside and don't have to go out until the roads are cleared. Ice is not nice for sure, at least you guys can say you are getting your share of the wet stuff! take care..

Old 03-04-2008, 12:09 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Tara, you've had an awful winter. Just keep thinking, "Only a few more months, only a few more months...." This will probably be the last winter of your entire life since you're heading back home.

It looks like there was a bit of problems last night with the severe weather threats. Today they're looking at Ga., the Fla. panhandle, and the Carolinas.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,209,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Ok, I am assuming since no one is posting on here that the weather has not been severe in your area, no snow accumulations nor ice or wind.

Wow, the weather channel sure is showing a lot of storms moving thru the area...hmm...come on guys, give us a heads up.

I know the wind is picking up like crazy here, the sun is gone to be replaced with a gray overcast sky and the temp has fallen some, but we are still bracing for the 'big' event to take place a bit later on this afternoon.
We got some snow last night. Some areas had a problem, but where I am it was just enough to be "picturesque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather