Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 03:19 PM

3,600 posts, read 2,691,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
nice looking city. that first photo with the road along the water looks like a nice bike ride. The 12th century building is a church, right? Looks rather solid.
Yes, it's Our Lady's Church (VÃ¥r Frue Kirke).

There is actually a bike ride encircling a part of the fjord (Trondheimsfjorden rundt):
Fjordenrundt.com
June 4th. this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 03:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
Bike ride Wednesday morning, started out warm then got hot

still some budding trees left

USGS station, thinking it's for measuring river levels [Connecticut River in Montague, MA]

Spoiler

Green River is not dry, unlike last year

all green

Old 05-20-2017, 03:41 PM

3,600 posts, read 2,691,940 times
^^Yes, very green and almost fully leafed out.
If the river dries out completely, is there any fish there? Maybe some water left in some deep pools?
I used to fish salmon in a local river...

Old 05-20-2017, 03:53 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Quote:

USGS station, thinking it's for measuring river levels [Connecticut River in Montague, MA]

Spoiler

all green

Very nice, especially the last two river shots.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:00 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,004,296 times
The river there photos is completely different from the rivers here, it is so clean when you live Nei, here the water is so poluted ):

Old 05-21-2017, 09:15 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,730,067 times
Quote:
Got photos frommy family in the SW, there are areas where most trees look like this, still budding or just leafing out. Looks like they're oaks, though different species than those found in northern France. Strange as it isn't from an elevated area.

Maybe it's me, but you seem to take less leisure bike rides.

Couple pics I hadn't posted. Last Sunday was overcast with altitude clouds, most of the day the filtered sun would cast shadows. Typical example of a day that would be seen as "fine" in Paris, but would be called a bad weather day in Nice.

Oops, I forgot the palms.

Couple pics from Aix-en-Provence 3 weeks ago on the road between Paris and the Riviera.
Spoiler

One of the numerous "moss fountains" of the city, due to the calcareous waters.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:55 AM

83,514 posts, read 75,277,900 times
Quote:

Spoiler

Favorite. Oh man, you just got me in the mood to go for a hike somewhere local. Yeah, driving by the rivers its nice to see something flowing in them this year.

Oh wow the USGS Station! I have an abandoned building like that near a river and had no idea what it was. I bet was that!

Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Some pictures from my area, late afternoon/evening, about 18c, north-eastern wind in the afternoon, cloudless, that what you can see in the sky is from airplanes.

These should be on first picture from left to right: Scots elm, unknown bush, birch, maple, bird cherry

Most of lindens are bare what you can see on last picture, maples have leaves but not in normal size yet. Prunus or bird cherry is in flowers (I saw first ones on Tuesday) as well cherries and other such trees. Normally in this time should be lilacs in flowers but not in this year.
High wild grass is still yellow as the new grass under it is too short. That is also because it has been very dry, 2 mm of prec. in this month only.
There are first solitary strawberry tussocks in flowers in gardens, normally should be more told me my relative who knows about them.

This I took yesterday evening, poplars

Old 05-21-2017, 02:16 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
T'storm clouds this morning. Had some brief moderate rain. The heaviest missed me so far.

Nice atmosphere in this pic. It is about time for the first decent t-storm here!

Old 05-21-2017, 02:26 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,878,721 times
After a few warm and sunny days it's all going green:

Nights are getting lighter as well, it was still civil twilight at 11 PM:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather