Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 02:13 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
I don't think you understand the meaning of above or below average.
The thread title "Is this March going very hot everywhere?" the assumption of the thread is to ask about global warming. Without a belief in global warming, the question would be more like "How is March where you live?" it also doesn't help that this is the 3rd iteration of a March warm thread on this forum, and it appears every month has at least a 3 year history of "Is this (insert month here) hot, warm or substitute other word for warming.

In some areas March is hot, in some areas it is cold, in some years March is hotter than average, in other years it is lower than average, both globally and even by continent or region. The assumption that this is the hottest March will likely be proven true by our NOAA/NASA warmists, who have become very rich preaching the religion of global warming while collecting a government and private (book, speech, what not) incomes and benefits. Eventually NOAA will get back to weather, and maybe if they research with the scientific method instead of the political method, climate change. NASA should be returned to space exploration, and understanding other planets. The only NOAA / NASA interface that makes sense long term is getting NOAA satellites launched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:28 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
So far every single day has been like 3'C or so below average at the least.
Same in DK!

Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
It's been pretty cool here as well!

Old 03-25-2017, 04:39 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
It was in the lower to mid 90's here in Texas last week for a few days.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 PM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
No, it is cold, cold, cold in the Pacific Northwest. I hate, hate, hate La Nina with all of the passion I can muster.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:53 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Let me guess, Upstate New York
I've never really thought of Binghamton, New York as being located in upstate New York, to at least me....I can't speak for everyone else, but at least in my opinion, Binghamton, New York seems to be more like Central New York- I have always thought that cities such as Buffalo and Rochester as being in upstate New York, but Binghamton? Not So Much

Old 03-25-2017, 08:14 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I've never really thought of Binghamton, New York as being located in upstate New York, to at least me....I can't speak for everyone else, but at least in my opinion, Binghamton, New York seems to be more like Central New York- I have always thought that cities such as Buffalo and Rochester as being in upstate New York, but Binghamton? Not So Much
He's from NYC, so I would guess everything north of Yonkers is upstate.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:27 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
He's from NYC, so I would guess everything north of Yonkers is upstate.
Lol how do you know that? You must have been looking at the memes

Climactically though, I would say that everything north/west of the Appalachians is Upstate. Upstate New York tends to be much colder, much cloudier, much snowier than the areas east the Appalachians

Old 03-25-2017, 09:14 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Not in NYC. This March has been windy, cold with snow and ice. Terrible.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:20 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
No, it is cold, cold, cold in the Pacific Northwest. I hate, hate, hate La Nina with all of the passion I can muster.
I don't know what part you live in, but this past week in Seattle area hasn't been so bad, there have been a lot more sun breaks and often times I only need a t-shirt or light jacket to go outside. At SeaTac the average high so far this month has been 51F and the normal high for March is 53.7F so not to far behind, and the month is still not over, however I will agree that the first half of the month wasn't so nice, and there haven't been any warm spells either, our max temp was only 58F when the normal max temp is 66F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather