Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,225,171 times

Advertisements

Spring: B
A bit too cool at the beginning, but the rest is very pleasant normally.

Summer: A
Warm to hot with lots of sunshine and also great electrical storms! Nice, warm, sometimes humid evenings as well, love those!

Fall: A+
Spectacular weather from start to finish, mild, but also enough chill with lots of sunshine. Beautiful fall colours a bonus!

Winter: C
I would prefer a slightly milder winter season, perhaps like Cincinnati or Louisville. I like that we have intermittent snow cover, with some snowy days mixed with some milder spring like days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 09:28 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,878 times
Atlanta

Spring: A - Nothing is prettier than Atlanta in the spring! Daffodils, dogwoods, flowering cherries, even the dreaded Bradford Pear. Sunny days, but nights cool enough to still snuggle under a comforter. Favorite season! (minus the pollen).

Summer - B-. Humid (but not as bad as South Florida) and hot. Starts about May through mid-September.

Fall: A - Usually lovely, with fall foliage, stunning blue skies and cooler weather. Football games in September can be pretty hot and miserable, but by October and November, it's crisp and comfortable.

Winter: B. Usually pretty mild, with an occasional dusting of snow, just enough to be pretty. We get accumulation every 3-4 years. Prone to ice storms (cold ground + rain = ice). Can generally count on one every two years or so. I seldom wear a coat in the winter, unless it gets really cold, say, down in lower 30s. Usually, winter hovers around the 40's or low 50's.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:58 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,992 times
Winter: D
Cloudy, and temperatures that are neither warm or cold. I wouldn't mind a slightly colder winter, since frost and snow are pretty. Here it rarely drops below freezing in the daytime, so we're just left with a muddy swamp.

Spring: C-
Obviously transitional, March/April has the kind of weather that can be warm in the sun, and cold in the shade, so I often don't know what to wear. Cloud levels are also still too high. May is generally a nice month with long days, the trees are green again, and it generally feel like summer, but without the temperatures. May saves this from being a D.

Summer: B
Long daylight hours, more sunshine, comfortable temperatures with occasional heatwaves. Would be an A with more sunshine hours and slightly higher temperatures.

Autumn: C+
September is probably my favourite time of year, climatically, especially the first half of the month. October is fairly mild, the first cold winds of the season can feel very pleasant after not experiencing them for a while, and the end of the month sees the trees explode into colour. But this is also when the cloud returns, and November is when winter once again rears its ugly head. Although the shorter daylight hours can be cool for nightlife, or a cosy night in.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:35 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,540,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Cloudy, and temperatures that are neither warm or cold. I wouldn't mind a slightly colder winter, since frost and snow are pretty. Here it rarely drops below freezing in the daytime, so we're just left with a muddy swamp.

Spring: C-
Obviously transitional, March/April has the kind of weather that can be warm in the sun, and cold in the shade, so I often don't know what to wear. Cloud levels are also still too high. May is generally a nice month with long days, the trees are green again, and it generally feel like summer, but without the temperatures. May saves this from being a D.

Long daylight hours, more sunshine, comfortable temperatures with occasional heatwaves. Would be an A with more sunshine hours and slightly higher temperatures.

Autumn: C+
September is probably my favourite time of year, climatically, especially the first half of the month. October is fairly mild, the first cold winds of the season can feel very pleasant after not experiencing them for a while, and the end of the month sees the trees explode into colour. But this is also when the cloud returns, and November is when winter once again rears its ugly head. Although the shorter daylight hours can be cool for nightlife, or a cosy night in.
And where do you live?

Old 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
And where do you live?
North East Wales, but Chester Wikipedia page uses the data of my closest weather station.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester#Climate

Old 03-12-2017, 02:07 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,286,521 times
Spring: A

long periods of mild and sunny weather, possibility of cold spells and rainy periods, thunderstorms in may leading to june summer weather. Overall the driest season when it does not rain. Plenty of pleasant weather overall (spring usually starts early and lasts for 3 months), the most comfortable season. What fall should be.

temperatures are great, but summer rain is a bit too erratic and some summers can be really too hot, like the last two julys with an average low of 22c. That said, even cooler than average summer days (like lows in the 15c range and highs around 27c) are still really decent for me. Some more variation would be nice but overall summer does not disappoint for heat lovers here.

Fall: D

A joke of a season, in september we may have some sunny warm days with cool nights, but usually we gradually go from hot and muggy weather to this horrible clammy grey weather in october that is super humid and cool at the same time, sweaty atmosphere. I hate to keep on sweating in october when it's dark so early. By november things get really cold and damp and uncomfortable and winter kicks in by the end of the month with darkness. I wish september and october were cooler with lower dewpoints. Fall is almost never "refreshing" here, it's just opressive and when it rains it can rain for 3 days straight.

We sometimes get some awesome heavy snow episodes, but overall winter is cold, grey, boring, and very still., with a bad air quality. Too predictable, and we're just a bit too mild most of the time for actual cold winter weather to happen. The last 2 winters have been disappointing, and with overall glowal warming we're moving into non-descript winter weather territory, within a decade we'll probably have a 2/8c january average, aka the worst. Also: Fog.

Overall that gives a C+ / B- climate, which is not bad but some improvements could be made during the colder half of the year. And it is too predictable, and too foggy in november-december.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:30 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Spring (Mar 11th to May 31st): A-

Our best season of the year. Sunniest time of year, dry season, high temps between 77°F/25°C and 99°F/37.2°C, low temps between 53°F/11.7°C and 74°F/23.3°C, with low humidity

Summer (Jun 1st to Sept 30th): C-

Our worst season, too rainy and humid in August and September, and too hot outright in July and August. June is usually ok though, at least the first half of June. Normal highs from 99°F/37.2°C up to 108°F/42.2°C falling to 96°F/35.6°C, normal lows from 74°F/23.3°C up to 86°F/30°C falling to 72°F/22.2°C.

Fall (Oct 1st to Nov 20th): B

Slightly cloudier and wetter than Spring, and real early sunsets don't allow the later half to be enjoyed as much as the early half of Spring. Normal highs 95°F/35°C down to 77°F/25°C, normal lows 72°F/22.2°C down to 53°F/11.7°C

Winter (Nov 21st to Mar 10th): B-

Cloudiest time of the year, and our main wet season (more rain than the summer monsoon coupled with lower evapotranspiration). Though December still gets 70% possible sunshine as our cloudiest month of the year. Temps better than 95% of the country. Normal highs 76°F/24.4°C down to 65°F/18.3°C rebounding to 77°F/25°C, normal lows 52°F/11.1°C down to 43°F/6.1°C rebounding to 53°F/11.7°C

Last edited by FirebirdCamaro1220; 03-12-2017 at 02:44 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 02:36 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,451,998 times
Spring: B- (Closest to perfect, though wish it would be a bit cooler sometimes. But Texas is surprising! In the two springs I've experienced since moving here we've had occasions in May where the high was in the 60s and it was cloudy and lovely. I love when we get into storm season)

Summer: D (Very hot and humid. Wouldn't be so bad if it was drier. I actually love summer in west Texas but here the humidity is awful. I do love the thunderstorms though. I actually live where I have pools now so maybe this summer will be great? The plus side is sometimes we get a little taste of fall in late August. Its happened both summers I've lived here.)

Fall: C (Depends on the year. Last September and November were nice but October flat out sucked. Was way above average and we had record warmth for Halloween. My first fall here the leaves started changing late October, last year however there was pretty much no change til mid November. Trees that were in full colour in 2015 were summer green in 2016 even into November. I hope we get a nice cool one this year.)

Winter: C+ (Again, depends on the year. This winter was a wild one cuz we had more snow and cold than the last one but we also had more heat. If winters can be more like 2014-2015 again that'd be great.)

Old 03-12-2017, 02:58 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,451,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Winter: F

Far too warm and we're never "safe" from shots of hot, humid air from the Caribbean even in January. Too many 70+ lows. December has been horrid the past five years which sucks majorly.

Spring: F

Too sunny and dry. Too late for winter cold snaps and too early for summer thunderstorms. Sun feels intense especially after winter. Sunglasses are your friend in a South FL spring.

Summer: B+

I love the summer atmosphere with the intense sun and plentiful summer thunderstorms. I love the amount of rain we get and I can appreciate hot, humid weather during summer. Only issue is that nights are too warm for my liking, I prefer lows around 70 F instead of 77-79 F.

Fall: F-

Most frustrating season. Heat and humidity are stubborn to leave, meanwhile places like 200 miles north are seeing lows 20+ degrees colder. I get tired of hot weather in late August and September is still very summer-like. October is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too warm as is November. November can be a pleasant month sometimes but too inconsistent, we see 75 F lows as easily as we see 50 F lows in November. Frustrating.
I agree, especially about South Florida falls. They suck. Fall is my favourite season in general, but not in South Florida. Its the worst because the difference between it and summer is a smidge of degrees only. There's no cool down. If we're lucky we get the 60s in October. Wow, 60s... woohoo. Bust out the scarves and boots y'all! At least winter can bring cold fronts and even spring does sometimes. I remember more cold spring mornings in Miami than cold fall mornings. Whats really fascinating is Miami's record April low is in the 30s where as its record October low is in the 40s. And I like summer cuz thats the only season I truly appreciate hot weather. I love to go to the beach in the summer or to the pool. But only in summer. I don't like it going to the beach in winter for the same reason I can't stand Christmas music outside of December or late November! Doing the same chit year round is boring. I love having different activities to do with each month. There's no fall activities down in South Florida. Picking pumpkins with palm trees in the background in 88 degrees is sooo wrong.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:59 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,961,779 times
central NC:

A. Fall. no A/C no heat.
B. Winter. doesn't last long.
C. Spring. pollen's the problem.
D. Summer. leave town for the beach.

hurricanes can mess this up anytime.
complaining yankees do it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather