Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:35 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,998,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
TWC just said this may end up as the coldest March on record.

I miss global warming!
In a place like The Villages, it'll be hot and humid again before you know it; as far as I know that's been the case since this interglacial began. Come to think of it, during glacial periods central Florida's climate is usually similar to western Kansas at worst, so even then summer was/will be nice and hot (though the heat will be gone during the cooler half of the year).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 01:37 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
Yes. In the U.S., they said today.
So tell me then, what city or region will have a record cold March. I'm waiting.

Just because it's going to be 35F where you live or there's a snowstorm somewhere that doesn't mean "record cold", I doubt you know this but 35F isn't even notably cold this time of year where you live.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:38 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-likin View Post
Peoples think that global warming means record heat all over the world
Global
1: of, relating to, or involving the entire world
2: worldwide
3: of or relating to a celestial body

Warm
1: having or giving out heat to a moderate or adequate degree warm weather
2: serving to maintain or preserve heat especially to a satisfactory degree
3: feeling or causing sensations of heat brought about by strenuous exertion

So why would they be wrong? Hmm?

Old 03-14-2017, 01:40 PM

792 posts, read 496,724 times

Old 03-14-2017, 01:42 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Global
1: of, relating to, or involving the entire world
2: worldwide
3: of or relating to a celestial body

Warm
1: having or giving out heat to a moderate or adequate degree warm weather
2: serving to maintain or preserve heat especially to a satisfactory degree
3: feeling or causing sensations of heat brought about by strenuous exertion

So why would they be wrong? Hmm?
Are you being sarcastic?

Just because one corner of the Earth is experiencing cold weather doesn't somehow disprove Global Warming

GLOBAL warming means that overall the Earth's climate is warmer, that doesn't mean that it's not going to be cold somewhere. Maybe actually know what you're talking about before making stupid posts.

Last edited by nei; 03-14-2017 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,858 times
Yeah Houston is a little hotter in summers, but point is they will most likely feel the same (humid steamy hot). Add that The Villages are a bit inland... which further should compound the misery. Can't a bit of sea breeze be traced in Miami during summer et cetera?

As for the OP I'd advise the person to try and go to Winnipeg and see how he likes March mornings there. Or that today was the first day of the year that reached the high of Ocalla's average low in January.

Consider that

Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 PM

149 posts, read 89,423 times
It's utterly fascinating that this thread pops up after TWO years of freakishly above average cold-season months, with November 2015, December 2015, January 2017 and February 2017 all being so far above average that it's not even funny. And those were hardly the only well-above average months in the U.S.; they're just the ones that stick out in my mind--we haven't had a below average month since January of last year where I live. Yet there were hardly any posts saying "GLOBAL WARMING CONFIRMED" during those months. This just seems to be the type of tactics used by these people: ignore all the record-obliterating warm months and wait for temperatures to dip slightly below average so that the same tired argument can be brought up again and again.

Perhaps we should look to overall trends instead of individual months when discussing global warming and the climate change that results from it.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Yeah Houston is a little hotter in summers, but point is they will most likely feel the same (humid steamy hot). Add that The Villages are a bit inland... which further should compound the misery. Can't a bit of sea breeze be traced in Miami during summer et cetera?
Immediately along the coast to a few miles inland, yeah. More than about 3-5 miles or so though the effect is much less pronounced. I live about 12 miles inland and the sea breeze isn't noticeable here. And a breeze doesn't do much anyways at 91 F, with a near 90 degree sun and high humidity lol

Old 03-14-2017, 01:56 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
It's also interesting that Florida, one of the warmest states in the US, made it illegal for state workers to use the terms "climate change" and "global warming". Ditto for "sea level rise"; they're required to say "nuisance flooding" instead. I think global is a crock, but censorship isn't the answer, either.

It'd be more reasonable to expect this ruling in a state like Alaska or Minnesota (with International Falls, the icebox of the nation). Kind of ironic for a warm state to implement that, but oh well. <shrugs>

Old 03-14-2017, 01:57 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,355,826 times
I wish there was global cooling here.I like cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather