Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:12 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,354,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
atsizat: Continental climates with very cold winters and warm summers. Anything else gets an F.
I give a ''D'' for this climate. Not anything else is F.

//www.city-data.com/forum/weath...argentina.html

But continental climates with very cold winters and warm summers will get an ''A'' from me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 02:30 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,726,901 times
Strange that you'd give a D to Trevelin but an F to Paris.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
I was going to give an E for Paris but since there was no ''E'' option, I gave a F.

Average temperature of Paris in the coldest month is 5*C while that place has an average temperature of 3*C in the coldest month. With that precipitation and average temperature of 3*C, there is a chance for some good snowstorm.

Last edited by atsizat; 06-26-2017 at 02:46 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 02:44 PM

808 posts, read 710,152 times
From earlier on this page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself View Post
I always get left out of threads like these

Old 06-26-2017, 02:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,617,395 times
YITYNR I would include you but I didn't done it. Most users are already covered by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Same for Valencia. XD

Ok that Valencia has too warm winters for him, but May-June and October-November are of his likings in highs (although the lows are warmer) and they have pretty much rain, specially October-November which receive lots of rain and many storms.

he even gave a E to Huesca, a climate pretty akin to his likings in the majority of the year, with snow and freezes!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
YITYNR I would include you but I didn't done it. Most users are already covered by others.

Same for Valencia. XD

Ok that Valencia has too warm winters for him, but May-June and October-November are of his likings in highs (although the lows are warmer) and they have pretty much rain, specially October-November which receive lots of rain and many storms.

he even gave a E to Huesca, a climate pretty akin to his likings in the majority of the year, with snow and freezes!
For being slightly better than İzmit, which is where I've been living for 9 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%B0zmit

I gave a F for İzmit.

When winters are too warm, it is automaticly a deal breaker. It's gonna be a F.

The first thing I look at in a climate is how cold it is in winter. Winters are more important than seasonility. If 2 of them is in the same climate, it will be better.

However, average high of 24*C in the hottest month is not so bad. It is worth colder winters.

Last edited by atsizat; 06-26-2017 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 03:33 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,501,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
I gave a F for İzmit.
Hey bro just a tip

I know you started learning English late and all that so probably you never got taught that it's "an F"

It's because when saying the letter "F" you say like "eff" so therefore it's "an eff" just as it's "an L", "an M", "an N" and "an S"

Old 06-26-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Hey bro just a tip

I know you started learning English late and all that so probably you never got taught that it's "an F"

It's because when saying the letter "F" you say like "eff" so therefore it's "an eff" just as it's "an L", "an M", "an N" and "an S"
I see.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:34 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,929,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Tartus is too wet in the winter. My ideal climate has about 80-90mm in the wettest month.

I think Casablanca is the closest real world climate to my ideal.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca
That's really nice though maybe a little too wet/cloudy in winter. Maybe increase summer highs a few degrees though the mild to warm lows make up for it.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post

Same for Valencia. XD

Maybe it was a mistake to have given an E for Huesca. Its average high in the coldest month is 9*C and An average high of 9*C is not worth an average low of 1.4*C. If average low was colder, it could be worth it. This climate doesn't seem to offer me anything better than İzmit does.

We are humans. We can make mistakes. It is difficult to rate a climate.

It is not that I don't want hot summers. I like seasonility, it would be a plus for me but winters are much more important. When I rate a place higher, it is not because I don't want hot summers, it is because winters are much more important.

Edit:
I was just trying to lower my standards not to give all climates an F. I will stop lowering my standards.

Last edited by atsizat; 06-26-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather