Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:21 AM

808 posts, read 702,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
Coldest month:
Average temperatures are: min 65F, max 75F. Precipitation every three days on average, about 50% of which is thunderstorms. Record high is 90F, record low is 40F.

Warmest month:
Average temperatures are: min 70F, max 85F. Precipitation every two days on average, about 85% of which is thunderstorms. Record high is 105F, record low is 55F.

Assume a smooth seasonal transition between these values, repeat on infinite loop.

Brrr... *shivers uncontrollably*

That would be a very nice climate if the diurnal ranges were a little bigger and the record lows were a little higher. It's still a solid A- based on what I see here, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 06:50 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,483,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
No, Junter likes to live in Spain.
Yeah he'd like the summit of Sierra Nevada too

Old 06-28-2017, 07:01 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,347,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I'm not addict to the weather subforum, but I noticed two extreme :

atsizat likes to live in fridges;
junter likes to live in ovens

Yeah. My favorite climate is Tomsk. Snowy and Cold winters with warm Summers. It's a great continental climate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomsk

Old 06-28-2017, 07:14 AM

1,892 posts, read 1,666,125 times
Damn. That fridge !

Funny to see how different people are when it comes to these things.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,483,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
Yeah. My favorite climate is Tomsk. Snowy and Cold winters with warm Summers. It's a great continental climate.

Have you lived by the Med your entire life? If so, be careful what you wish for

I've experienced two months (Jan and Dec 2010) that were like -5/-13 and -4/-13 respectively... even for me as a Swede (granted a southern one) it seemed outrageously cold to have an entire month like that!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:20 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,649,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Quote:

Have you lived by the Med your entire life? If so, be careful what you wish for

I've experienced two months (Jan and Dec 2010) that were like -5/-13 and -4/-13 respectively... even for me as a Swede (granted a southern one) it seemed outrageously cold to have an entire month like that!
I can tell you from experience that Tomsk-like winters are not very fun. You have to dress very warmly, but still, the air feels frigid and not comfortable at all. Staying outside doesn't feel nice, so people stay inside most of the time.

Sure, I have to admit staying outside in -20 °C temperature can be fun and feels like an adventure, okay, but that if it's a cold wave, not the average low. I would prefer climates like Terrace, Whistler, Vilnius, Sapporo etc. instead of Tomsk but of course everyone has their tastes so he can like Tomsk even though we two don't like cold winters. Everyone is different and that's what's fun

You might like Flin Flon in North America, it's very similar to Tomsk

And, if you think about it, there are people who moved to Phoenix from a cold climate and enjoyed it, so, even if I hate Phoenix summers, it doesn't mean everyone hates it not everyone likes the same kind of climate. For example I like cloudy and cool climates oceanic climates, but someone else might like sunny and hot Mediterranean climates. It's all okay

Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM

11,645 posts, read 12,846,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
I'm not addict to the weather subforum, but I noticed two extreme :

atsizat likes to live in fridges;
junter likes to live in ovens

Deneb likes to live in ovens actually.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:49 AM

2,850 posts, read 1,958,612 times
Does anyone remember what kind of climates I prefer?

Old 06-28-2017, 09:09 AM

2,460 posts, read 1,347,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
I can tell you from experience that Tomsk-like winters are not very fun. You have to dress very warmly, but still, the air feels frigid and not comfortable at all. Staying outside doesn't feel nice, so people stay inside most of the time.

Sure, I have to admit staying outside in -20 °C temperature can be fun and feels like an adventure, okay, but that if it's a cold wave, not the average low. I would prefer climates like Terrace, Whistler, Vilnius, Sapporo etc. instead of Tomsk but of course everyone has their tastes so he can like Tomsk even though we two don't like cold winters. Everyone is different and that's what's fun

You might like Flin Flon in North America, it's very similar to Tomsk

And, if you think about it, there are people who moved to Phoenix from a cold climate and enjoyed it, so, even if I hate Phoenix summers, it doesn't mean everyone hates it not everyone likes the same kind of climate. For example I like cloudy and cool climates oceanic climates, but someone else might like sunny and hot Mediterranean climates. It's all okay
An average low of -20℃ in January is like the town Göle in Turkey. But living in a place where 27.000 people live would be pretty boring since it's a very small place ( Urban Population is so much less, by the way)

Last year, temperature dropped to -39.7℃ in Göle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göle

Last edited by atsizat; 06-28-2017 at 09:34 AM..

Old 06-28-2017, 09:58 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,649,276 times
Quote:
An average low of -20℃ in January is like the town Göle in Turkey. But living in a place where 27.000 people live would be pretty boring since it's a very small place ( Urban Population is so much less, by the way)

Last year, temperature dropped to -39.7℃ in Göle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göle
Here are the cities with more than 100,000 inhabitants with an average low below -20 °C in January in Canada.

Regina, Saskatchewan
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Saguenay, Quebec

Which is your favourite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather