Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times

Advertisements

High temp today was 42.2°C, 4.4°C above average

Currently 40.6°C with a dewpoint of 11.7°C at 5pm Pacific Time

Old 09-13-2017, 06:24 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
You know how much I hate hot humid nights, but this will be a good relief from the ****tastic weather the past 3 weeks. And this is working wonders for my sinuses, I can finally breathe again
Agreed, this is a much needed reprieve from the extended below normal stretch. It hasn't been too bad here, but upstate sucks, so I can imagine.

This flip should've happened in May, it'd be nice if it stuck around throughout the fall and winter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
You mean how much you hate UHI nights!
Stop hating.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:18 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Agreed, this is a much needed reprieve from the extended below normal stretch. It hasn't been too bad here, but upstate sucks, so I can imagine.

This flip should've happened in May, it'd be nice if it stuck around throughout the fall and winter though.

Stop hating.
Your right , im VERY jealous but you and i both know its not because NYC is naturally warm to that degree. Its because NYC is naturally BIG!! Im still jealous, doesnt matter though... your average high falls below 60 in about 3 weeks. I have to wait till just before December starts for mine to fall below 60.

Enjoy your 70 low though, sultry night! I definetely am envious of what the UHI does for you, might as well put NYC in Delaware if you want a close match to its UHI climate. Not too mention how it helps your hardiness zones from being around 6b to 7a to being as high as 7b in parts. Much further north than the natural end to the 7b line in south jersey. I know your needles and windmills love that!

Last edited by muslim12; 09-13-2017 at 07:42 PM..

Old 09-13-2017, 07:23 PM

Most places in the south having coldest september on record with anomalies pushing -10 in many spots. Cambium mind posting a map with station rankings?

Old 09-13-2017, 07:31 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,772,648 times
Quote:
Most places in the south having coldest september on record with anomalies pushing -10 in many spots. Cambium mind posting a map with station rankings?
Pattern change coming though, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the south/mid-atlantic ended the month close to average. Honestly it really seems to me like your greatly overreacting to what has been objectively comfortable weather over the past two weeks, especially in your comparing this month to Feb 2015 when it's not even mid-month yet...silly. I would understand your frustration much more if it were mid-winter and a cold snap was putting vegetation in jeopardy.

In other news my power just came back which is nice

Old 09-13-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Pattern change coming though, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the south/mid-atlantic ended the month close to average. Honestly it really seems to me like your greatly overreacting to what has been objectively comfortable weather over the past two weeks, especially in your comparing this month to Feb 2015 when it's not even mid-month yet...silly. I would understand your frustration much more if it were mid-winter and a cold snap was putting vegetation in jeopardy.

In other news my power just came back which is nice
When i compare the two its in anomalies. I think we still finish below average but some where like -2 only. Im glad you are back! Keep updating us man on how recovery is going!

Old 09-13-2017, 07:49 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,772,648 times
Quote:
When i compare the two its in anomalies. I think we still finish below average but some where like -2 only. Im glad you are back! Keep updating us man on how recovery is going!
For sure

Cleanup is well under way here with most roads now at least passable if not completely clear of trees...sad to see so many large trees go though.

My street:
Attached Thumbnails
Autumn/Fall 2017 Thread (Sept-Oct-Nov)-img_2424.png  

Old 09-13-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Your right , im VERY jealous but you and i both know its not because NYC is naturally warm to that degree. Its because NYC is naturally BIG!! Im still jealous, doesnt matter though... your average high falls below 60 in about 3 weeks. I have to wait till just before December starts for mine to fall below 60.
Lol yeah I'd take your climate over mine any day of the week (except during that subzero scare you had ), UHI does little to nothing for daytime highs. It has to be above normal here at all times for me to feel close to satisfied, summer is generally acceptable unless it's way below normal, but the rest of the seasons are too cool for me.

Quote:
Enjoy your 70 low though, sultry night! I definetely am envious of what the UHI does for you, might as well out NYC in Delaware if you want a close match to its UHI climate. Not too mention how it helps your hardiness zones from being around 6b to 7a to being as high as 7b in parts. Much further north than the natural end to the 7b line in south jersey. I know your needles and windmills love that!
Montauk at the eastern tip of Long Island is actually the natural end of 7b, it's actually borderline 8a (avg annual min is 9F, same as NYC). Crazy. Slightly higher in latitude than NYC too, but further into the ocean. There has to be small pockets of 8a somewhere in both NYC and Long Island, likely on the barrier islands.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post

Montauk at the eastern tip of Long Island is actually the natural end of 7b, it's actually borderline 8a (avg annual min is 9F, same as NYC). Crazy. Slightly higher in latitude than NYC too, but further into the ocean. There has to be small pockets of 8a somewhere in both NYC and Long Island, likely on the barrier islands.
Ahhh, forgot about montauk. Its because its so far east the cold fronts dont really reach it. Doubt even windmills could survive though, rather chilly climate.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
For sure

Cleanup is well under way here with most roads now at least passable if not completely clear of trees...sad to see so many large trees go though.

My street:
Looks like my area after Sandy, trees were still coming down 1-2 weeks after the storm. And the trees that remained had very little leaves left or none at all, the landscape turned from vibrant green to nuclear winter in a matter of hours. No fall foliage that year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather