Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 09:32 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
You wouldn't find a Honda Accord to ride in there, maybe a 70 year old tractor or a goat...
No Corvettes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
You wouldn't find a Honda Accord to ride in there, maybe a 70 year old tractor or a goat...
That's not true, the mayor bought himself a 1980s Lada Riva last week. He wanted to celebrate the Gole's Life Expectancy rising above 40 years for the first time in Gole's history!

Old 12-09-2017, 10:07 AM

13,485 posts, read 9,030,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
No Corvettes?
Not a chance in hell Mel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
That's not true, the mayor bought himself a 1980s Lada Riva last week. He wanted to celebrate the Gole's Life Expectancy rising above 40 years for the first time in Gole's history!
I wonder how he could afford that? Nice to see backhanders & corruption happen absolutely everywhere

Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
I won't be going there then. I am off for a napster.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:35 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,356,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I don't give a flying f**k about Ardahan or Göle or any other obscure hellhole in Asia Minor.

I'm saying that you cannot discredit meteo-climat.org just because it's not an official agency. It gets the data from official sources, they aren't just made up.
They don't get the data from official sources. Climate.data.org is rubbish. Climate.data.org shows data for even places where there isn't even an official weather station. Climate.data.org is unoffical and useless.

As I said ( I am saying it once again) according to climate.data.org, Ardahan has warmer winter averages than official averages. If you give so much damn about climate.data.org, why don't you look at Ardahan from climate.data.org instead of Turkish State Meteorological Service? Wikipedia data for Ardahan is Turkish State Meteorological Service, not Climate.data.org.

According to climate.data.org, Erzurum has an average low of -11.4*C in January.

According to climate.data.org, Ağrı has an average high of -3.1*C in January. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ağrı has an average high of -5.6*C in January.

Again, according to climate.data.org, Kars has a colder mean temperature than Ardahan, which is the opposite according to Turkish State Meteorological Service. According to climate.data.org, Ardahan's January mean temperature is -9.7*C, while Kars's January is mean temperature -9.8*C, colder than Ardahan. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ardahan has a colder mean temperature than Kars with a mean temperature of -11.3*C in January.

And according to measurements of Turkish State Meteorological Service, Göle is colder than Ardahan throughout the year. Met Office publishes the averages of provincial capitals but you can look at the measurements of every weather station throughout the year. According to measurements of Turkish State Meteorological Serive, Göle is colder than Ardahan in both winter and summer. The elevation of Göle is also higher than Ardahan. Just because climate.data.org has a correct estimation for your place doesn't make it an accurate source. It is unoffical and inaccurate. It is useless.

Last edited by atsizat; 12-09-2017 at 02:47 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 02:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsizat View Post
They don't get the data from official sources. Climate.data.org is rubbish. Climate.data.org shows data for even places where there isn't even an official weather station. Climate.data.org is unoffical and useless.

As I said ( I am saying it once again) according to climate.data.org, Ardahan has warmer winter averages than official averages. If you give so much damn about climate.data.org, why don't you look at Ardahan from climate.data.org instead of Turkish State Meteorological Service?

According to climate.data.org, Erzurum has an average low of -11.4*C.

Again, according to climate.data.org, Kars has a colder mean temperature than Ardahan, which is opposite according to Turkish State Meteorological Service. Ardahan's January mean temperature is -9.4*C, while Kars's January is mean temperature -9.8*C, colder than Ardahan. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ardahan has a colder mean temperature than Kars with a mean temperature of -11.3*C.

And according to measurements of Turkish State Meteorological Service, Göle is colder than Ardahan throughout the year. Met Office publishes the averages of provincial capitals but you can look at the measurements of every weather station throughout the year. According to measurements of Turkish State Meteorological Serive, Göle is colder than Ardahan in both winter and summer. The elevation of Göle is also higher than Ardahan. Just because climate.data.org has a correct estimation for your place doesn't make it an accurate source. It is unoffical and inaccurate. It is useless.
No wonder you cannot get a girlfriend. I already got tired reading this post.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No wonder you cannot get a girlfriend. I already got tired reading this post.
I edited my post.

Ağrı has an average high of -3.1*C in January according to climate.data.org. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ağrı has an average high of -5.6*C in January.

According to climate.data.org, Erzurum has an average low of -11.4*C in January. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Erzurum is colder. Go to wikipedia for offical averages of Erzurum.

According to climate.data.org, Ardahan has a mean temperature of -9.7*C in January. According to Turkish State Meteorological Service, Ardahan has a mean temperature of -11.3*C in January. Kars has a colder mean temperature than Ardahan according to climate.data.org with a mean temperature of -9.8*C in January, which is the opposite according to Turkish State Meteorological Service.

Climate.data.org averages don't even match official averages. It is useless. And Göle is colder than Ardahan according to measurements of Turkish State Meteorological Service. I had enough with you guys.

Ardahan, Kars, Ağrı, Erzurum. Don't use offical averages for these provincial capitals in Turkey. Please use climate.data.org because wikipedia uses official averages for these places, which is Turkish State Meteorological Service.

I removed the climate.data.org averages of Göle from wikipedia which a member you know on city data forum had put.

Last edited by atsizat; 12-09-2017 at 03:16 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,506,777 times
Why did you vandalize Wikipedia's Göle article so much in November, Atzi?

I'll report you to a Wikipedia mod if you do that again...

This ain't cool buddy...

Last edited by lommaren; 12-09-2017 at 03:39 PM..

Old 12-09-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Why did you vandalize Wikipedia's Göle article so much in November, Atzi?

I'll report you to a Wikipedia mod if you do that again...
Did you even read what I wrote above? Look at Ardahan, Kars, Ağrı, Erzurum averages from climate.data.org and see how they are different than offical averages? Will you stop being a troll?

According to climate.data.org, Ardahan has an average high of -4*C in January and average low of -15.4*C in January and a mean temperature of -9.7*C in January. Climate.data.org is not based on offical weather stations.

Kars has a colder mean temperature than Ardahan according to climate.data.org with a mean temperature of -9.8*C, unlike offical averages.

I removed it because it is unoffical and inaccurate.

I kept writting both Göle's and Ardahan's offical measurements on weather forum and I also gave the link of ''Turkish State Meteorological Service'' to show how Göle is colder than Ardahan.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:29 PM

That's Ardahan's averages according to climate.data.org

https://tr.climate-data.org/location/273/

Ardahan has a warmer January mean temperature than Kars according to climate.data.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather