Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Lol....Miami is a good place to live if you have millions of dollars. There's nothing "good" about living in a place with low wages and high cost of living. You should try living here for a year.

What was the point of this post? Just more big city elitist crap from you.
My point is that at least in developed countries the cost of living correlates with how desirable a certain place is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,363,072 times
Who was arguing the opposite? You just never miss any opportunity to hype up NYC while ****ting on other places that you, subjectively, find as "undesirable".

Old 08-31-2017, 10:39 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,325,947 times
Quote:
Who was arguing the opposite? You just never miss any opportunity to hype up NYC while ****ting on other places that you, subjectively, find as "undesirable".
Im just commenting on what Beerparty was talking about before. I admit I can hype NYC a bit too much sometimes lol, but Im just proud of my city. Besides we need more positivity on this board sometimes, and Im tryna be positive about NYC

Old 08-31-2017, 10:47 AM

It's annoying though. It's not like NYC doesn't get hyped enough, especially by you. Not everybody finds a place like NYC desirable. Also you can speak positively about NYC without all the hype and talking **** about other places. Makes you come across like a tw*t.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:48 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Im just commenting on what Beerparty was talking about before. I admit I can hype NYC a bit too much sometimes lol, but Im just proud of my city. Besides we need more positivity on this board sometimes, and Im tryna be positive about NYC
I like most of the big cities you mentioned; but you don't seem get lots of people don't like big cities and don't find them desirable. There's enough people that do + lots of $ floating around to push up prices.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,408,192 times
God damnit my family is so annoying, I get along fine when it's just one of my sisters with my parents, but when the other two sisters are here as well it's just too much. I'm so jealous of larger families that get along fine because I wish I could be like that too but I just find myself getting p*ssed off when we're all together Even drinking isn't ****ing helping

Old 08-31-2017, 10:51 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,324 times
Quote:
Lol....Miami is a good place to live if you have millions of dollars. There's nothing "good" about living in a place with low wages and high cost of living. You should try living here for a year.

What was the point of this post? Just more big city elitist crap from you.
Yeah, I hate these elitist expensive as hell alpha+++++++ cities. Usually full of arrogant and superficial people. I much rather live in a smaller city with down to earth people. Problem in the US is that oftentimes such cities are car centric and suburban.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:58 AM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Yeah, I hate these elitist expensive as hell alpha+++++++ cities. Usually full of arrogant and superficial people. I much rather live in a smaller city with down to earth people. Problem in the US is that oftentimes such cities are car centric and suburban.
In the US, if you want a walkable city you're stuck with expensive "alpha" cities. The anti-big city posts strike me sprawl loving.

And a lot of the people I went to college and high school with, live or at least have lived in those cities. Lots of young people like living there. The bashing of people there is annoying

Old 08-31-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I like most of the big cities you mentioned; but you don't seem get lots of people don't like big cities and don't find them desirable. There's enough people that do + lots of $ floating around to push up prices.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
God damnit my family is so annoying, I get along fine when it's just one of my sisters with my parents, but when the other two sisters are here as well it's just too much. I'm so jealous of larger families that get along fine because I wish I could be like that too but I just find myself getting p*ssed off when we're all together Even drinking isn't ****ing helping
Dude, I hate, HATE big family gatherings. Most of my family are a bunch of uptight, judgmental ****s. I usually just hang with a couple of cousins or my sister during those gatherings. And of course, I drink myself into oblivion. Which of course, gets criticized. Little do these ****s know that's the only way to deal with them...

I hate how a lot of family criticizes everything you do and they think you should just take it because "We're family" like **** that. And they do all this dumb **** and wonder why I don't particularly enjoy their company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Same here, and they tend to be full of people like Warszawa who think anything below 700,000,000 people is a "small town" or not even worth a second look. I like small towns/cities myself. Ideally, I'd live in a rural area about 60-90 minutes outside a large city, that way whenever I have the feeling of going to the big city or whatever, I can.

Yeah, here in the U.S., anything outside the Northeast Corridor, Chicago, and SF tends to be very car centric which is annoying as hell.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,271 times
Quote:
It's annoying though. It's not like NYC doesn't get hyped enough, especially by you. Not everybody finds a place like NYC desirable. Also you can speak positively about NYC without all the hype and talking **** about other places. Makes you come across like a tw*t.
+1. He can easily talk about how he likes living in NYC without talking sh*t about other places or making it wound like because he likes NYC, everyone else on the planet must too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather