Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2017, 09:57 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I like Starbucks' lattes but their regular coffee is gross. McDonald's coffee is pretty good.
I think they do well just for the brand image. I'm sure you can get better coffees on almost any high street, but people look at it and for some reason feel the need to get one there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I'd rather have Dunkin Donut's over either; but independent coffee places are usually better. Starbuck's lighter roast is ok; but their standard dark roast is way too bitter.
Dunkin Donuts coffee tends to taste weak and burnt, but I guess it would do the trick in a bind.

Not too many independent cafes around here though one just opened up near me. I'll have to try it. Although it can be nice going to a coffee shop (including Starbucks), I tend to prefer just make a cup of coffee at home.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:01 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,956,021 times
the only reason starbucks is alive in melbourne is because chinese tourists go there, this isn't a lie

no ****ing **** all the residents of melbourne will just rock up at any cafe and get a good quality coffee

Old 09-03-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I think they do well just for the brand image. I'm sure you can get better coffees on almost any high street, but people look at it and for some reason feel the need to get one there..
Yeah I'm sure a lot of it has to do with image.

I have to say though, chains like Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks are not as consistent as you think they would be. They seem to have quality control issues. I guess that's bound to happen when there are thousands of locations. I stopped going to Starbucks near my job partially because of cost, but also because I kept getting ****ty drinks. Might as well stuff a $5 bill down the drain.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:13 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Hipsters wouldn't be caught dead in Starbucks. Way too mainstream.

This place apparently sells the best coffee in Leeds: http://labottegamilanese.co.uk/

Old 09-03-2017, 10:17 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Dunkin Donuts coffee tends to taste weak and burnt, but I guess it would do the trick in a bind.

Not too many independent cafes around here though one just opened up near me. I'll have to try it. Although it can be nice going to a coffee shop (including Starbucks), I tend to prefer just make a cup of coffee at home.
Tim Horton's is the big coffee chain in Canada....I think they have around 3000 locations.

Starbucks is popular too, particulary in British Columbia, makes sense as they are next door
to Seattle.

I remember Dunkin Donuts being in Montreal, used to buy donuts there all the time.

There are local chains that aren't bad either, like Coffee Time and The Second Cup.

Tims is king with usually big line ups at the drive thru.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Tim Horton's is the big coffee chain in Canada....I think they have around 3000 locations.

Starbucks is popular too, particulary in British Columbia, makes sense as they are next door
to Seattle.

I remember Dunkin Donuts being in Montreal, used to buy donuts there all the time.

There are local chains that aren't bad either, like Coffee Time and The Second Cup.

Tims is king with usually big line ups at the drive thru.
I liked Tim Horton's when I visited Canada a few years ago. The coffee was good. I don't know if they have the same consistency issues as Dunkin or Starbucks though.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,788 times
Luxury milkshakes and Frappes have skyrocketed in price in just a few years. Max, the biggest Swedish burger joint, sells these luxury shakes as they're called, and just a few years ago, they cost 32 sek (3.50 euro), but now they are 45 sek (5 euro). All frappes and such are now in the upper 40's compared to lower 30's just a few years ago. Insane really.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:46 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Even McDonald's coffee tastes nicer than Starbucks IMO.. but I guess going to Starbucks is almost fashionable in itself by ordering a frapuccino creaming with latte milko hipster crap All whilst browsing on your MacBook pretending to do work

I generally make my own coffee or very rarely get it from a cafe
Starbucks needs all the creams and different flavors because their black coffee tastes like ****. All of the creme mochaccino skinny vanilla **** is to mask how awful their regular coffee tastes. And MacBooks are overrated as **** unless you are using your computer to be a DJ or play demanding video games. My $400 HP does just as good of a job as a $1200 Mac

But in general I love cafes. One of the best things about Queens is the variety of cafes, I always go there when I need to finish an essay or just relax

Old 09-03-2017, 10:49 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
Ariete is a bit of a "Ratsi"?
What now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather