Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,052,983 times

Advertisements

Why can't you permanently ban (by IP) people who keep creating new accounts multiple times a day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 09:37 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,823,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Why can't you permanently ban (by IP) people who keep creating new accounts multiple times a day?
Yeah, this.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:54 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,690,066 times
You think there were no IP bans here ? Thing is, it's rarely effective - with some basic IT knowledge, changing your ip is fast and simple.
Just ignore the troll, he feeds on your attention. Both positive and negative, any type of recognition really. Makes him feel special. Ignore him long enough and he'll look for a different place to mess up, it's that simple. He's not the first one like this, nor the last.
Yac.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:07 PM

808 posts, read 700,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
You think there were no IP bans here ? Thing is, it's rarely effective - with some basic IT knowledge, changing your ip is fast and simple.
Just ignore the troll, he feeds on your attention. Both positive and negative, any type of recognition really. Makes him feel special. Ignore him long enough and he'll look for a different place to mess up, it's that simple. He's not the first one like this, nor the last.
Yac.
Thank you very much.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,345,687 times
My shift is over at work. I bought strong beers (9% alcohol). I am drinking.

It is 1:15 am.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:22 PM

26,112 posts, read 48,706,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Yac.
Yac gives good advice. Never respond to the troll in this forum, just report it and the mods will dump it out.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:18 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,483,668 times
Here's some stats from today's game:

Guess what this is...TD passes by Big Ben...Nope, interceptions by our fuçkïng 4th string--I mean starting--QB. Landry Jones, our backup could've done better. I beat Antonio Brown, our star receiver could have thrown fewer than 5 picks.

Guess what this is...TDs by Le'veon Bell? TDs by Brown? Sacks by Ryan Shazier? No, pick 6a by the Jaguars. 14 of 30 points scored by their ****ïng defense.

And why would Todd Haley (the offensive coordinator) keep calling passses when we've thrown nothing but picks, having atop-3 RB and are playing one of the worst run defenses in the league? Cuz he's an idiot.

And the Ravens and Bengals won so we're no longer comfortably leading the division.

Fück Haley. Fück Ben. Fück the Jaguars. Fück the Ravens. Fück the Bengals. Fück the offense. Fück the jags defense. Fück week 5.

We're still in decent position to make the playoffs though. And the browns lost.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:49 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,528,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yac gives good advice. Never respond to the troll in this forum, just report it and the mods will dump it out.
Troll, not trolls, yet somehow more than just a certain spanish person is missing from this forum. I wonder why that may be.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 PM

2,460 posts, read 1,345,687 times
I wish weed was legalised.

It looks like it is being legalised in the USA but how about Europe? Would it be legalised in Europe? If it was legalised all around the Europe, maybe, just maybe, it could be legalised in Turkey too. It looks difficult with Erdoğan but PROSTITUTION ( outside of brothels ) was made legal in Turkey when Erdoğan was a prime minister in Turkey, which is very interesting. It was 13 years ago. 26th September 2004.

Last edited by atsizat; 10-09-2017 at 04:48 PM..

Old 10-09-2017, 04:50 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,955,747 times
Today is Columbus Day in the U.S., but there is a move among some in the country to change it to Indigenous Peoples' Day. That move seems stronger in Oklahoma, which is 8.6% American Indian, well above the U.S. average of 0.8%. For those of you who don't know, in the 1830s, Andrew Jackson, the U.S. president at the time, sent Native Americans remaining in the Southeast U.S. to what is now Oklahoma, so that the land in the Southeast could be opened up to white settlers. Unfortunately, a few thousand people died along the way, and the event is now known as the Trail of Tears. There were almost no whites in Oklahoma until 1890.
I don't have strong feelings on if the day is Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples' Day, and since I don't get the day off, it doesn't really affect me. But I think the holiday change is an interesting idea. I also think which explorer to remember (if not celebrating Indigenous Peoples' Day) is an interesting question. While Columbus was the first European to visit the Americas since the Vikings, John Cabot was the first to visit North America, and Juan Ponce de Leon was the first to set foot in what is now a U.S. state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather