Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:04 AM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,005,110 times

Advertisements

Spring cold hitting Uruguay and Southern Brazil tomorrow. Over the highlands, temperature may fall below freezing this monday morning, which will be very bad for the farmers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 11:28 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
MONSTER hailstorm in Formosa, north of the country. Photos and videos (credits to foro.gustfront.com.ar)

Poor dogs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=frAOP43RthY

It also hailed in the hills of Cordoba province (no, it isn't snow)

Old 10-27-2017, 06:02 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,350,573 times
More heavy to torrential rain fell overnight/early this morning .

Arrived at work - in the CBD - in the midst of beautiful and lovely torrential downpours with 35mm falling to 9am this morning .

Lots of flooded roads and gutters - music to my ears and eyes

Ob. Hill has now recorded over 80% of its average Oct. rainfall - an vast improvement from the horror of last month to which I still have awful nightmares about...

Surprising to see many people rushing/running about without umbrellas - I always carry a umbrella in my bag because one can never trust Sydney's weather and I mean this in a good way

I overhead someone - surprise, surprise - he's a POM, moaning, weeping and whining about the rain, me and another mate who's an staunch supporter of the Oz farming community slammed him for his ridiculous comments and informed him if he had said that in a small country town, he would have been run out of town pronto.

I dislike whiny idiots who moan about the rain, it's not like it's rained a lot over the past three months

Had huge laughs watching people battle the strong southerly wind and rain with umbrellas being ripped apart .

Lawns very green now and air feeling "fresher" Gutters clean too

Unfortunately this is set to change from tomorrow to Monday with evil dry NW winds blowing - just what we don't need

Old 10-27-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
Leave NSW.
Who the 'eck are you?

You've never commented on my posts before...

Old 10-27-2017, 09:04 AM

This site is quite good since it map zoom into my region.

October is the second driest month of the year, but this one has been cloudy and rainy, the average is 35mm and we probably reached this.
Next days 10 days rainfall total will be concentrated here on the east coast and northwestern part of Bahia, most of the Northeast stay dry trough.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
The dreariness continues here, with a weekend of steady constant rain -must have been some big totals in the hills, with plenty of trees coming down the river yesterday.

The lower South Island had maximums 12C warmer than here yesterday, with Milford Sound at 25C.
Talking with my Invercargill - based brother, he was talking about the upcoming "heatwave" so I looked at Metservice (Invercargill Weather - NZ Weather Forecast from MetService.com) and was surprised to see this (I don't recall seeing such an extended sunny and "warm" period forecast for Invercargill in October).

He also said its been much sunnier and less wetter than usual this year.

Normally a warm day is followed by cold and wet weather and the protracted period of dry weather continues - I was expecting this to end this month but apparently not - and only one month (January) has exceeded 100mm.

YTD rainfall stands at (approx) 646mm - 132mm of this falling in January alone and taking that month out, just 514mm have fallen over the remaining months - so goes to show how dry it has been.

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 10-27-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
More hail in Cordoba Province. Insane.

Credits to gustfront as always.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
^^^^ wow! -certainly some deep hail in that last photo. Those hailstones look nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Talking with my Invercargill - based brother, he was talking about the upcoming "heatwave" so I looked at Metservice (Invercargill Weather - NZ Weather Forecast from MetService.com) and was surprised to see this (I don't recall seeing such an extended sunny and "warm" period forecast for Invercargill in October).

He also said its been much sunnier and less wetter than usual this year.

Normally a warm day is followed by cold and wet weather and the protracted period of dry weather continues - I was expecting this to end this month but apparently not - and only one month (January) has exceeded 100mm.

YTD rainfall stands at (approx) 646mm - 132mm of this falling in January alone and taking that month out, just 514mm have fallen over the remaining months - so goes to show how dry it has been.
A nice forecast. I remember 1991 as a spring that people in Invercargill raved about, but then there were snow flurries in town about a week before christmas, and quite a bit of sleet out at Oreti. I need to get back there for a visit, as I do like the city and area.

It's been the opposite here -quite wet, and possibly heading towards record low annual sunshine - could be 2200 hours this year, although some speculation that sunshine isn't recording properly. Sunshine is at 1769 hours ytd (-180 hours) and rainfall at 1485 mm ytd. The last month has been a drier though, with only 4 days over the last 4 weeks for 128mm. No heatwaves forecast for here, although a majority of days in the last month have reached 20C.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The dreariness continues here, with a weekend of steady constant rain -must have been some big totals in the hills, with plenty of trees coming down the river yesterday.

The lower South Island had maximums 12C warmer than here yesterday, with Milford Sound at 25C.
In addition to my previous post, I've looked up Invercargill's highest max. temp. for October via Cliflo and the current record is 25.7C set in 1942. Other years that broke the 25C mark were set in 1914, 1938, 1947, 1950, 1955 and in recent years - close to the 25C mark - October 1977 with 24.6C and 24.3C in 2000.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
^^^^ wow! -certainly some deep hail in that last photo. Those hailstones look nasty.

A nice forecast. I remember 1991 as a spring that people in Invercargill raved about, but then there were snow flurries in town about a week before christmas, and quite a bit of sleet out at Oreti. I need to get back there for a visit, as I do like the city and area.

It's been the opposite here -quite wet, and possibly heading towards record low annual sunshine - could be 2200 hours this year, although some speculation that sunshine isn't recording properly. Sunshine is at 1769 hours ytd (-180 hours) and rainfall at 1485 mm ytd. The last month has been a drier though, with only 4 days over the last 4 weeks for 128mm. No heatwaves forecast for here, although a majority of days in the last month have reached 20C.
Snow flurries this late in spring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather