Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 08:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Those who say they love hot weather: try living without AC in a hot place.
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 08:57 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Those who say they love hot weather: try living without AC in a hot place.
They all talk a big game in the south.. but go places indoors and its all ice cold ..well regulated. They like the heat....unless they have to be in it...

Old 09-23-2017, 09:07 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,739,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
The only places I know that don't really end up getting hot are some places in Oregon/Washington and Northern Maine.
It can get hot here in summer and usually does but not for long periods of time so not too bad. And it's also not humid hot like the east coast so it's somewhat bearable and the nights are cool even if day time temps are hot like 50s or 60s at night in summer.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:41 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
It generally doesn't get hot where I am either (NW PA) but we did have a couple of 85-degree days in July.
A couple 85 degree days in July is hot... ROFL. I live in TN and we typically get our first 85 of the year in April. Though I guess "hot" is based on your perception... someone who lives in AZ would find that TN summers are a walk in the park, whereas someone from Alaska would find your summers sweltering.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:29 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
They all talk a big game in the south.. but go places indoors and its all ice cold ..well regulated. They like the heat....unless they have to be in it...
Places like Florida and Texas wouldn't be as popular without AC,
same with southern AZ.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
same with southern AZ.
It's true. Without A/C, temperatures inside would reach 30 °C (86 °F) or above with high humidity. Very uncomfortable. Also, heating and warm clothing were available long before A/C was invented.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:09 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
It's true. Without A/C, temperatures inside would reach 30 °C (86 °F) or above with high humidity. Very uncomfortable. Also, heating and warm clothing were available long before A/C was invented.
Some people like me like this.

Without heating and proper housing insulation, cold polar subarctic cloud fest hellholes that you and others on here foam about would also be very uncomfortable

Old 09-24-2017, 07:29 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Some people like me like this.

Without heating and proper housing insulation, cold polar subarctic cloud fest hellholes that you and others on here foam about would also be very uncomfortable
I have noticed that the unregulated inside temperature is similar to the average high of that month.

Here are some places where it's possible not to use A/C and heating IMO:

Santa Barbara, California
Lompoc, California
Bogotá, Colombia
Mérida, Venezuela
Forster, Australia
Arica, Chile

Most of the world population needs A/C and/or heating to stay comfortable.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverBlack View Post
I have noticed that the unregulated inside temperature is similar to the average high of that month.

Here are some places where it's possible not to use A/C and heating IMO:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara,_California]Santa Barbara, California[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lompoc,_California]Lompoc, California[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogot%C3%A1]Bogotá, Colombia[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A9rida,_M%C3%A9rida]Mérida, Venezuela[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forster,_New_South_Wales]Forster, Australia[/url]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arica]Arica, Chile[/url]

Most of the world population needs A/C and/or heating to stay comfortable.
Some of those places would need heating. You don't need A/C unless the min temperatures are above 21C and even then it isn't absolutely necessary at those temps for me.

People who use a/c for temperatures such as 28C/18C are just morons and subarctic polar w*ankfest lovers who can't handle warmth

Old 09-24-2017, 08:20 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
same with southern AZ.
As popular? It would be non-inhabited practically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather