Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM

434 posts, read 1,041,135 times

Advertisements

I hope to move to Southern Florida soon. I mean seriously Atlanta has some ridiculous weather! I mean a lot of the Eastern US isn't great to begin with. But out of the top ten largest US metropolitan areas, did Atlanta get their first freeze first? That's crazy! Beating out points north...like Philly, DC, NYC, Boston......Really? Boston?? Even Chicago!

Hotlanta is not as hot as a lot think it is. Of course I known that for years. So a move to Southern Florida soon hopefully! The weather in Florida is definitely not as bad if you like it warmer(and of course they do have high hurricane risk which isn't a good thing), though the high humidity can make it very uncomfortable at times. But I'll take it! Atlanta can be randomly chilly/ridiculously chilly to cold or very cold in all seasons(least likely in summer but below 60 temps can even sneak up on you in July...in the morning). Florida while it does has its cons weatherwise, I rather take Florida's warm weather consistency to GA. From Nov to March, Florida especially Southern Florida is pretty comfortable.... whereas GA esp Atlanta Metro and North GA goes from 70 to 30 or below daily, with tons of days not even getting anywhere near 70(and do mean A LOT! Not many days hit 70 here in Dec, Jan, and Feb, not even close in many years)....yeah I rather Florida!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 05:15 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
If i did move weather would be a big part of it. Cuba would be my top pick.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:23 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
If i did move weather would be a big part of it. Cuba would be my top pick.
Don't you specifically want cooler winters though? Cuba has even warmer winters than anywhere in Florida

Old 11-15-2017, 05:45 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Don't you specifically want cooler winters though? Cuba has even warmer winters than anywhere in Florida
I would give them up for Cuba for other reasons. I love the more tropical look and super clear water. Great offshore fishing since i love to do that and there are some great deep water grouper and snapper areas in 600 to 1200 ft southwest of the island. Plus i enjoy hurricanes and tropical storms and they get more than we ever do in FL. Plus they don't have that reverse west windflow that i hate so much. And the way it's been heating up the last few years our winters will be like Cuba anyways not far off.

I hate super cold, what i like is CHANGE, weather with CHANGE not the same old flat and dry crap 9 months out of the year like we have.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:58 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
I would never move SIMPLY because of climate, that is silly. However, I'm glad to say I live in a place that has my ideal climate. It took me 23 years but yep, I love the climate up here. I also love the cities, the scenery, the relative affordability and all those things are important, otherwise I might as well live in Flint.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
Absolutely! Moved from the Midwest to sunny Florida and I love it!! I hate being cold and I really hated that it seemed from Nov to Mar it is COLD, gray cloudy skies and dead trees, grass. No thank!! I know many people really like fall but I personally always disliked it- spring & summer for me. Life is too short to be miserable 6 months out of the year, move where your body & soul yearns.
Right, that's one reason I moved OUT of Florida!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
It is interesting to me how some people love the cold or love the heat- makes you wonder what is it about their makeup that causes this. I used to have a theory that depending on the month you were born may influence the climate you prefer- just a dumb theory.
I was born in July yet my favourite months are October and December. I like July as well but I prefer fall and winter over summer, especially because of the holidays.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I would never move SIMPLY because of climate, that is silly. However, I'm glad to say I live in a place that has my ideal climate. It took me 23 years but yep, I love the climate up here. I also love the cities, the scenery, the relative affordability and all those things are important, otherwise I might as well live in Flint.
How is moving because of climate silly? Isn't it better to live somewhere you want to live, rather than living somewhere you don't want to live and hating it and complaining all the time?

Old 11-15-2017, 06:58 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Climate was a huge part of our decision to move. I have become extremely affected by the high heat and humidity here. It weighs on me sapping my energy.

We choose an area with 4 seasons, summers are hot (but cool in the evening), some snow. We are going in January to make sure the cold is not too much for me.

I have RA but it seems to be more affected by heat than cold.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-15-2017, 07:40 PM

137 posts, read 134,439 times
I grew up in the humidity of Louisiana and moved to the MidWest for a little while. I hated the snow back then but now I miss it and can't wait to move to an area that has a winter with more snow than my current location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather