U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:09 AM

9 posts, read 8,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
Your ideal dream climate . Nothing would make your life better than living where you're most comfortable. Have you moved simply for this reason? Or atleast 90% of it? How has this decision affected your life? What do you like most about your new perfect climate home ?
Now that I am in my 50's, I crave living in a warmer climate so, so much. I grew up in the hot Inland Empire of Southern CA and moved away to the Portland area at age 21. I'm still in the PAC NW. I want to be comfortable again. My husband is probably getting a job in NW Florida. He's tried finding work in CA, AZ, NV, TX, and this one came knocking. It's not set in stone yet, but he feels pretty confident about it. I am ready! I know it's hot and humid there. I know there are bugs and other critters. I don't like mosquitoes, but I'll put up with that over the years of dark, wet, cold, no sun for weeks on end. He knows I just can't handle living in a cold place anymore, because I really can't. I have Raynaud's Disease so cold affects me and it's so annoying. Having cold hands and feet a lot in the colder months just gets very old. I'm over it! PAC NW is a gorgeous place to live, no questsion. Change is good sometimes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 08:35 AM

3,029 posts, read 1,334,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Very rare... that land is anything but snowy.

I did keep reading that it was rare. But for it being so "rare" there sure were tons of photos of snowy scenes in the search results. I knew it snowed there from many photos I've received in years past of snowfalls. Search for Snow in Israel, or Snow in Jerusalem to view the great many lovely photos. The point was that it can, and does snow there.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:42 AM

1,633 posts, read 1,014,490 times
Born and raised in Florida. Always hated the humidity and lack of season changes. I have had thoughts of moving to maybe Tennessee or NC in the mountains or close to there. I prefer cool and cloudy weather. Hot weather isn't so bad in the summer just not in the fall to spring.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:02 PM

394 posts, read 875,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
You are very misleading... considering Atlanta hits 70 every winter... every month of winter... hell in Raleigh i average 1/3rd of the DJF period 60+ , Atlanta being a bit warmer can easily average 30-35 days 60+ in winter....
How am I being very misleading? Because I wrote many winter days don't get anywhere near 70? They don't. Winter being Dec21st to Mar21st, but I'm going more by Dec to Feb, though sometimes March can have plenty chill-cold over here I won't bring it up much in this message. Anyway, plenty of days in the winter are 60+(on a more average winter) like you said but even being 60+, a lot don't hit 70. And going back to no where near 70 days, we have PLENTY, I consider a 50 or 55 high not near 70. And also some highs top in the 40s and occasionally 30s. Not close to 70 and a bit nowhere near. I looked at the data from Wunderground from Dec '09 to Feb '17. It looks like Atlanta gets about 8-9 70 or higher days Dec to Feb most years. And yeah not every Dec, Jan, and Feb hits 70. Most years they do but not every year.

From Nov to Mar Atlanta can get pretty chilly to cold, its still a good bit/much milder than the North. But still....the 25/8 in Indy feels rough, the 40/18 at the same time in Atl is better but I rather the 73/59 in Southern Florida. Not to mention the random days in Apr that you can feel the chill, sometimes even May and Sept(most years it doesn't happen but these last two Mays it has and this Sept it did), Oct too of course, we had a late Oct day around 44/32 this year.

All I'm saying is Atlanta isn't as warm as many think esp compared to LA and other parts of CA, PHX, all of Florida, and even a lot of TX. And that's why I would take Southern Florida despite the hurricane risk and being TOO HOT AND TOOOO HUMID A LOT OF THE YEAR! I mean why is it 58/31 on Nov 2(just giving a random made up example) in Atl, 55/35 in Indy, 56/43 in NYC, and 78/70 in Southern Florida? I don't know...never completely understood why its like that sometimes. But the point is....Southern Florida is more to my liking, WAYYYY LESS chill and rarely cold!

Old 11-20-2017, 07:52 PM

20,870 posts, read 19,878,306 times
We want to move to the mountains when I retire in 2 years but affordable housing for us is seriously in question. Looks like it will probably be more in the foothills than actual mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather