Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 05:54 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
Hi guys!

This December has been incredibly snowy in here, actually the most snowy December I can remember of.

Let's start with the pictures of the 1st and 2nd of December

Nice to see your pics! I agree you got the best views.
Cats and Snow don't really mix. Surprised to see that.
Like the hand measuring technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Very gloomy today in Oslo:

Looks wintry, nice view. Looks like visibility at the time was less than 1/2 mile maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Covered bridges? I thought they only existed in Madison County . Vermont looks great.
I'm still scared to drive through them. lol.
Vermont felt great too. I might have to make more trips. Kinda weird it's only 3 hours away but looked like Canada. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
surprised how much more wintry it looks up there only 40 miles north.

Manchester in the summer is overwhelmed with tourists mainly there to shop at expensive boutiques and outlet stores. Didn't care for it, but maybe it has more charm in the winter. Arlington, 7 miles south, is a really neat little town

area by Bennington is in a neat valley with low mountains on both sides.

I was surprised to see the snowpack in MA to be honest, rarely hear you talk about it didn't think it existed but obviously more outside the inner cities and more further north but more impressive how different VT was just 40-60 miles from MA.

BTW -- the locals were even talking about how crazy snowy its been already. For them to say that was kinda strange. I thought would be typical there but I guess not...or maybe not for recent decade.

Cool info on Bennington. I was looking at the map and did see it sits at lower elevation. Still... was only like 500 feet lower from where it was snowing hard. The weather changes and snowpack was my favorite part of the trip.

I really like Manchester. Looked newer, cleaner, and more decorated. Maybe the snow added the extra flavor. It's not like I would shop there but looks like a nice place to walk around. Brattleboro seemed run down, old and typical downtown like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Sounds like a great trip. And great weather.

I especially enjoyed the photos of small towns. Looks lovely there, wouldn't mind having that a weekend trip away from home. Btw I see Quebec City on the map, strange that they indicate a foreign city on the local TV forecast.

Here's a couple more town photos from Manchester

Top of the Church was so tall.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 02:47 PM

5,039 posts, read 4,353,305 times
Trees are pretty bare now, though feels spring-like this afternoon with temp in the 70's.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Here's a couple more town photos from Manchester

Top of the Church was so tall.

Nice pics!

Old 12-21-2017, 03:32 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ral31 View Post
Nice pics!
Big contrast to Louisiana there. And your grass is browner than mine despite much milder temperatures. Though it was cold enough for snow down there. We'll look like that when the snow melts at the end of winter, sometime in March [or February if we get a mild spell]

Old 12-21-2017, 03:41 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Trees are pretty bare now, though feels spring-like this afternoon with temp in the 70's
Wow at 70s! And amazing how much browner your grass is. Guess that fall drought really took a toll on it.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times
Quote:
Trees are pretty bare now, though feels spring-like this afternoon with temp in the 70's.

That's the perfect tree for hanging purposes

Old 12-22-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Wow at 70s! And amazing how much browner your grass is. Guess that fall drought really took a toll on it.
Yeah the grass was already turning fairly brown during fall with the dry conditions. It got even browner after the snow/multiple freezes the first half of December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaver View Post
That's the perfect tree for hanging purposes
Lol.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:19 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,058 times
I hate how clean the air is in northern Sweden. Even in the city. This is what a clear sky looks like here when the sun is 0.1° below the horizon. Boke! 🤮

And these are at similar sun angles in Greece.

For us to have any kind of sunset, we need to have clouds as close to the horizon as possible without actually touching the horizon.
Like this morning we had a decent one purely thanks to the clouds (sun angle about -1°)

Especially around the solstices one positive is that the sun stays between -2 and 2° for like 6 hours

Old 12-22-2017, 01:43 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,961,807 times
Currently in north central Vermont:

Old 12-22-2017, 02:15 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,457,430 times
Here are some pics from the recent snowfall in Central Park (on 14th of Dec I believe).

I have a couple dozen of these; will keep posting throughout the season:

Attached Thumbnails
2017-18 Winter Photo Thread (NH)-1dec17.png   2017-18 Winter Photo Thread (NH)-2dec17.png   2017-18 Winter Photo Thread (NH)-3dec17.png   2017-18 Winter Photo Thread (NH)-4dec17.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather