Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:47 PM

2,946 posts, read 2,914,264 times

Advertisements

Nice day of T-storms here. Very high rate of rainfall and very tropical, too. Photo:

Also the atlantic coast had good T-storms in the afternoon:

Miramar

Santa Clara del Mar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 07:49 PM

Bonus track. From a couple of days ago in the south of Chile. An unusual image: storm in the patagonian andes. A beautiful combination:

https://twitter.com/SkyAlertMx/statu...13187237683200

Old 01-24-2018, 01:54 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,003,466 times
https://twitter.com/jnmet/status/956150683190874118

Old 01-26-2018, 06:38 AM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
It has been pretty humid this week so far (albeit there hasn't been any rain).

Right now at midnight it's 24C and the DP is almost 21C. Just dreadful.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:22 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
Hmmmm.............I was just wondering, which portion of the Southern Hemisphere has seen plentiful humid days and abundant rainfall this summer so far??, also, has the Southern Hemisphere as a whole experienced a cooler or a warmer than average summer so far, and when Summer arrives in the Northern Hemisphere, I wonder if there is any correlation or connection to summer weather patterns in the Southern Hemisphere versus the Northern Hemisphere.also, which portion of the Southern Hemisphere has been plagued with severe drought conditions this summer so far.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:28 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Hmmmm.............I was just wondering, which portion of the Southern Hemisphere has seen plentiful humid days and abundant rainfall this summer so far??, also, has the Southern Hemisphere as a whole experienced a cooler or a warmer than average summer so far, and when Summer arrives in the Northern Hemisphere, I wonder if there is any correlation or connection to summer weather patterns in the Southern Hemisphere versus the Northern Hemisphere.also, which portion of the Southern Hemisphere has been plagued with severe drought conditions this summer so far.
270mm of rain here so far this January, and more humid and​ about 2C above average -december was dry and warmer.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Dry here so far (although we had some good sparce storms here and there). Maybe La Niña related. Temps? above normal, of course. But that doesn't have to do with Niña, Niño, neutral or whatever. It just have been the norm in almost every summer of the last decade.

---

The news say that in the female AO final it was so hot and unbearable. So i checked the temps. The max in Melbourne was "only" 33.3ºC, but the key was the TD reaching 20.7ºC there, wich is the highest of their summer so far. That muggyness i'm very familiar with but they aren't very accustomed to that semi-tropical dews down there. Further proof that dry heat is always more comfortable.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 PM

Location: João Pessoa,Brazil(The easternmost point of Americas)
2,540 posts, read 2,003,466 times
Was looking the forecast maps and see that Euro is showing an huge amount of snow to NZ South Island, not common to see this in the heights of summer.

The configuration are two strong Low pressure system pushing the 850hpa temperature below zero into there, probably the snow will only fall in the plateau above 500m and mountains, but still that still is impressive, on other way, heavy rain are expected in many areas, specially the west coast with 300mm+ in 10 days.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:06 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
From Ben.

https://twitter.com/BenNollWeather/s...19065085067264

Old 01-28-2018, 12:01 AM

765 posts, read 573,646 times
Quote:
Cape Town will run out of water in April if they don't get any rain soon.

Cape Town water crisis edges closer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather