Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose a climate
Lake Havasu City 6 22.22%
International Falls 7 25.93%
Salt Lake City 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM

650 posts, read 449,670 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_H...rizona#Climate

One of the hottest places in the US. with extremely hot summers and mild winters. It is very dry too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nesota#Climate

One of the coldest places in the lower 48 states. It has very cold, but not extremely cold winters with mild to warm summers that can get hot sometimes but not very often. Snowfall is decent and it can get a tad humid at times in the summer, but not overwhelming like where I live in Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Lake_City#Climate

I was punching numbers when it came to temperatures between the two obviously contrasting climates, and while it wasn't a perfect match, Salt Lake City was right pretty close to the middle. Salt Lake City has normal hot summers but not very hot summers, with pretty hot daily highs, but with pretty decent daily lows with dry conditions in the summer. It also has normal cold winters but not very cold winters. Due to the lake effect the winters are snowier than expected.

Old 03-22-2018, 03:24 PM

525 posts, read 279,046 times
I would choose Lake Havasu City without hesitation. Can't stand the cold. I can handle heat as long as I come prepared. Lake Havasu City is also the hottest place in all of Arizona. On June 29th, 1994, Lake Havasu saw the mercury soar to a scorching 128 degrees, the all-time high temperature in Arizona history. This broke the previous record of 127 degrees, which was set in the town of Parker further south on July 7th, 1905.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
The LHC no contest, mild winters, sun and palm trees; more than enough to offset the hot summer

Old 03-24-2018, 09:30 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The LHC no contest, mild winters, sun and palm trees; more than enough to offset the hot summer
This exactly

Old 03-24-2018, 01:32 PM

525 posts, read 279,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I agree. Winters in Lake Havasu City are very nice, with daytime highs often in the 60s and 70s.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:05 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Been to LHC once in january, I went out of my way to see London Bridge,
I was travelling from Las Vegas to Phoenix.

LHC January weather was superb....no problem but those summers...too warm for me.

I have relatives up near International Falls in Baudette, MN
Nice country, the north woods, summers are great but exact opposite of LHC,
winters are very cold, even for me.

I’ve been to Salt Lake City once, in october, again during an epic long drive, this time
from Deer Lodge, MT to Farmington, NM
SLC climate is not bad, but a bit too hot in summer.

I chose International Falls, though SLC is ok too.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 PM

308 posts, read 225,284 times
SLC. a very balanced 4 season climate, though it isn't without flaws. summers are good but too dry. winters are basically a milder version of a Great Lakes winter - cloudy and excessively snowy, but the pleasant springs kind of make up for it

the other too climates are either too hot or too cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I have relatives up near International Falls in Baudette, MN
Nice country, the north woods, summers are great but exact opposite of LHC,
winters are very cold, even for me.
OT: I thought you prefer mild winters

Old 03-24-2018, 04:39 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDavid View Post
SLC. a very balanced 4 season climate, though it isn't without flaws. summers are good but too dry. winters are basically a milder version of a Great Lakes winter - cloudy and excessively snowy, but the pleasant springs kind of make up for it

the other too climates are either too hot or too cold

OT: I thought you prefer mild winters
I like milder than International Falls and was close to choosing SLC
but summers are so pleasant in IF that it gave it the edge.

SLC is pretty good too.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:44 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
International Falls, easily Outside of having a pleasant 4-season climate, it is gorgeous with its northwoods forests and numerous clear lakes. It's also relatively humid year-round and has generous snowfall going for it.

SLC is not bad but too dry and much too sunny.

Lake Havasu has tolerable temperatures in December, January, and February. Maybe even into early March. Otherwise it is awful and even worse only gets 4 inches of rain a year.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:59 PM

2,892 posts, read 1,994,903 times
SLC, easy
SLC rarely gets over 100
Its super dry
Winters suck some years, but it could be much worse.
Decent airport to get away from SLC, whenever you're bored or cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather