Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 01:45 PM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Storms are firing up all around me. Looks like I might get smashed with flash flooding for the 364859th time this summer. 15.90" since June 13th. At least it's not hot outside

Geez look Northeast of Pittsburgh where I'm at. The last quarter of that loop is crazy
And there's lightning with those small blow ups.

3:40pm Map... Check out the report.

See all reports here:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 01:50 PM

Haven't posted a temp map in a while.

3:45pmEST

90s in Minnesota. Holding 70s steady here with overcast and rain all day

Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times

Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Had some kind of strange blow up during the nite as thunder woke me up at 130am. Got 1.5" of rain.
I messed up. I forgot to empty the rain gauge. I had .45" on Sunday and 1.05" sometime early Monday around 1am till around 630am.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:37 PM

749 posts, read 418,842 times
Currently here at Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 68F Degrees, Winds NNE 6mph...Cloudy
It is the second night we hopefully anticipated rain (and they forecasted it within an hour, etc...and none in sight! We could do with a good soaking...Fertilized the UpperGarden (cucumbers, tomatoes and salad potted plants) and the Lower Garden heavy Saturday and Sunday...
It was a nice break from the heat and humidity yesterday and today....Gathered in about 10lbs of cucumbers and were planning on making pickles this past weekend, but we were both so tired we took them into the bakery to share with our coworkers...
The Fledgling Bluejays (whose parents left them behind for the deeper forest), scold us frequently when we sit out back under the Birch Trees' shade...They haven't learned my call and the seed that's dispursed for them...YET! In the meantime, the Chipping, and Tree Sparrows (who remember me well from the winter) and Wild Gold Finches flitter and twitter about while the Bluejays impatiently await in the trees and shrubbery to decend upon the feeders...
The Birch Meadows are still green, but beginning to fade.....
Looked for an Autumn/Fall 2018 Northern Hemisphere Thread and was surprised no one had begun one yet! Am I the only one who longs for cooler days and nights?

Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,918,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
Currently here at Aurora, ME, 74F Degrees, Dew Point 68F Degrees, Winds NNE 6mph...Cloudy
It is the second night we hopefully anticipated rain (and they forecasted it within an hour, etc...and none in sight! We could do with a good soaking...Fertilized the UpperGarden (cucumbers, tomatoes and salad potted plants) and the Lower Garden heavy Saturday and Sunday...
It was a nice break from the heat and humidity yesterday and today....Gathered in about 10lbs of cucumbers and were planning on making pickles this past weekend, but we were both so tired we took them into the bakery to share with our coworkers...
The Fledgling Bluejays (whose parents left them behind for the deeper forest), scold us frequently when we sit out back under the Birch Trees' shade...They haven't learned my call and the seed that's dispursed for them...YET! In the meantime, the Chipping, and Tree Sparrows (who remember me well from the winter) and Wild Gold Finches flitter and twitter about while the Bluejays impatiently await in the trees and shrubbery to decend upon the feeders...
Looked for an Autumn/Fall 2018 Northern Hemisphere Thread and was surprised no one had begun one yet! Am I the only one who longs for cooler days and nights?
I know what you mean about the fade.... the trees here are still green, but the lush green is definitely fading. I'm on the list waiting for fall

Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,215,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheasternBound View Post
The way things are going, parts of the lower 48 won’t even get the luxury of actually having a fall season this year; no fall= poor or non existent fall foliage this year.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:41 AM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times

https://wgntv.com/2018/08/13/shower-...ours-possible/

https://twitter.com/WGNWeatherGuy/st...90656865427456

Old 08-14-2018, 04:04 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
The way things are going, parts of the lower 48 won’t even get the luxury of actually having a fall season this year; no fall= poor or non existent fall foliage this year.
I have not had a fall in years and the last 2 falls were way above normal. The way things have been cooler this year maybe i can get lucky. Sept i start to see some low 70's as the nites get longer.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 AM

2:15-6:15am Loop. The Big "Orange Circle" right over the Northeast. Upper Low causing more instability. Stalled front off the coast. Wet, Stormy, Humid, Isolated pattern continues today.

See the moisture moving "south" inside the ULL? #Spinning

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather