Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 05:26 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times

Advertisements

I was using a wired thermometer for many years until I accidentally closed a window and the wire broke in half.

I bought a wireless thermometer but it didn't seem accurate; seemed to read too low.

So I bought another wired thermometer. This one seemed to read too high! I put several other thermometers outside and the new one has the highest reading of all of them.

For example, the others would read about 72-73 degrees F and the new one showed 78 F. I can see a slight difference showing up but not that much. All of the thermometers are in the shade, the north side of the house. And the new thermometer's sensor is also wrapped in a wash cloth.

Attached is a photo of the new thermometer. Also, the humidity reading is way off. My rooftop gauges will show 65% humidity and the most recent one would show 30%. It is an Accu-rite themometer, the new one, which sometimes shows a late night temp of 62 F, whereas my rooftop one will show 58 degrees F.

Can anyone recommend an accurate thermometer, wireless preferred. It should not be too hard find a thermometer that is accurate within about 1 degree F.

The second attachment shows that the warm-to-hot temps are here for sure!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather