Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 PM

18 posts, read 31,412 times

Advertisements

I'm going to go with Texas.

The Panhandle and the more northern sections of Texas get ice storms and moderate to occasionally heavy snowfall. We have both dry and humid heat (few states can lay claim to having both desert and swamp like conditions). We get tornadoes, hurricanes and lots of flash flooding along with golf-ball and sometimes softball sized hail during spring.

States that are in the midsection of the U.S. have more extreme differences in temperatures (mostly because of bitterly cold winters)...but for weather variety...Texas has all of it.

(Florida heat in the eastern half...Arizona heat in the western half...and the panhandle can hang with OK and KS for cold weather..at least for large parts of the winter)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 05:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,773 times
Actually, when I think about it, some parts of CA have weather that isn't exactly ideal. Places such as Bakersfield fit this description because it is really windy, summers are hot as heck and the air is filthy over there. Bakersfield now has the #1 worst air quality in the country. Fresno weather is also not very good for the same reasons: too hot, dirty air. And I also think that Los Angeles has not so good weather especially in the summer. It is hot, dusty, polluted and it has too much smog. It may be better than it was years ago but that doesn't mean that LA has clean air. People have this idea that CA has great year-round weather. Not all of CA does. Some parts of the state have not so good weather and BAD air quality.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM

287 posts, read 738,977 times
I would say California and Arizona have WORST, UGLY, BORING, OPPRESSIVE weather. Worst. Ever. Period. Just horrible, gross, disgusting weather. I feel like I need to go to bathroom right now. I moved there from Oregon and I hated, hated, hated California and Arizona. Their geography, their constant sun, constant routine weather disgusted, grossed me out. Its so bare, dry, its like Mars. Thank God I moved back few years ago. Weather is GROSS there. Just.. Yuck. How do you people even stand to it? Why do people even move there, gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Or3g0n View Post
I would say California and Arizona have WORST, UGLY, BORING, OPPRESSIVE weather. Worst. Ever. Period. Just horrible, gross, disgusting weather. I feel like I need to go to bathroom right now. I moved there from Oregon and I hated, hated, hated California and Arizona. Their geography, their constant sun, constant routine weather disgusted, grossed me out. Its so bare, dry, its like Mars. Thank God I moved back few years ago. Weather is GROSS there. Just.. Yuck. How do you people even stand to it? Why do people even move there, gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd love to live in California if I had the chance. It's warmer, drier and sunnier than the PNW.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
The air quality alone is a reason not to move to Southern California, let alone the excessively boring hot and sunny weather. I hear Northern California is very nice though.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I'd love to live in California if I had the chance. It's warmer, drier and sunnier than the PNW.
I love PNW. Its cleaner, its mild, and greener.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or3g0n View Post
I love PNW. Its cleaner, its mild, and greener.
yes but it's colder than California!! I love HEAT and more HEAT

Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,412 times
Quote:
yes but it's colder than California!! I love HEAT and more HEAT
As far as I know even California has cold winters. You should know a city called Big Pine. Then you can tell me how cold are the winters there. Yosemite National Park also has snow in the winter, all US states are cool and nice.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
As far as I know even California has cold winters. You should know a city called Big Pine. Then you can tell me how cold are the winters there. Yosemite National Park also has snow in the winter, all US states are cool and nice.
Yes, that's true parts of California are quite cold in the winter with lots of snow but coastal areas rarely see frost and snow and I think that's awesome!!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's true parts of California are quite cold in the winter with lots of snow but coastal areas rarely see frost and snow and I think that's awesome!!
So does Oregon coast! most of winter these coast towns won't even see temperature ever dropping below 32 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather