Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM

312 posts, read 1,519,158 times

Advertisements

San Francisco climate is PERFECT for me,but DO NOT LIE , San Francisco has more sun and he's warmed than that you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 12:08 PM

75 posts, read 273,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from Europe View Post
San Francisco climate is PERFECT for me,but DO NOT LIE , San Francisco has more sun and he's warmed than that you say.
Tony, do you live on the Croatian (Dalmatian) coast or inland ? Because, in my opinion, i would prefer Dubrovnik or Split climate to Frisco's climate, would you ?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:39 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
LOL... we do see the sunshine occasionally, depending on what neighborhood you're in. My area actually gets quite a bit - I'm in the Bayview/HP area, which ironically is both the worst (crime-wise) neighborhood and the one with the best weather. How did that work out?? Sun is a very rare sight in the Sunset district (west/ocean side), as I know from when I lived at 19th & Holloway... there were days it was so foggy, you couldn't even see your hand in front of you! But I LOVE the weather here, fog and all.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
Quote:
yes 70F average high in summer. What a scorcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
There isn't worse climate than Montreal. That's the most horrible climate in the world for sure
Winnipeg? Anchorage? Certainly Moscow and St Petersberg would be worse.

When speaking of cloud and wind, the worst places in the world are undoubtably the sub-arctic Islands of New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. It is genueinly horrific at those places.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
For me, Maine.

The winters are not as cold as the midwest--they are pretty reasonable that way, but they last forever. I have pictures from a few July 4th where my kids were still wearing hats. Not every year, but enough. Then, as the spring (read: mud season) FINALLY arrives, so do the blackfly so you cannot go out without being eaten alive. All the gardeners are out with their nets over their heads, pants tucked into socks. After they start to clear you get a few days of gorgeous cool sunny weather, and you think "oh yeh, THIS is why I live here!" That is interrupted shortly thereafter by mosquito season, wherein the idea of sitting outside in the humidity-free (seemingly) perfect weather becomes a horrible experience of being devoured by mosquitos. In the daytime, you can always head to a pool outside or a pond...as long as you like being bitten by deer flies.

Finally, in Sept, all the bugs go away and you have 2-3 absolutely gorgeous months and the cycle starts over. I guess if you don't like being outside, it's a great place. It's gorgeous but such a miserable experience to be outside so much of the year. And who wants to dislike where they lived 9 months a year?!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:20 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post

When speaking of cloud and wind, the worst places in the world are undoubtably the sub-arctic Islands of New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. It is genueinly horrific at those places.

Just goes to show it's all what you like. I LOVE the weather in Australia and S.Africa.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Quote:
San Francisco's got a pretty awful climate, freezing cold year round. Even Seattle has better summer and their climate is a horror story!
Isn't the Bay Area renown for their mild, temperate climate? I have heard that Oakland has the most "ideal" climate in the United States. Too bad it's Oakland...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM

927 posts, read 1,946,821 times
Quote:
I had an ex girlfriend who was an oceanographic researcher working the French Southern and Antarctic Territories in the Indian Ocean. In the three plus years she spent in Port-Aux-Francais on their biggest Island (Kerguelen or some such), the warmest temperature she saw there was a whopping 59 degrees (15 in celsius). Only once did she see it go two consecutive days with out rain and if there was as much as an hour's worth of sunshine on the half dozen or so days of the year it did not rain, it was a cause of celebration. Granted there was no sub zero weather there either, but with wind speeds rivaling that of Mt. Washington the wind chills were relentless, even in high summer.
From a weather standpoint, a thoroughly nasty and uninviting place to visit - let alone live.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 AM

312 posts, read 1,519,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post

Tony, do you live on the Croatian (Dalmatian) coast or inland ? Because, in my opinion, i would prefer Dubrovnik or Split climate to Frisco's climate, would you ?
I live near the Split,but Split has COLDER winters than SF,and the summer is here hot and humid,in SF it's pleasant during the year for me

Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
For me it would be any where in Tornado alley
I can deal with cold, heat, hurricanes, humidity but those tornadoes that come out of no where scare the hell out of me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather