Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:11 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times

Advertisements

Here in NY we get the dynamic extremes. However hating the cold I would prefer warm or hot year round. Would not mind never having to shovel snow. Also the snow that does not get shoveled turns brown or yello making the streets an eyesore. As Frank Zappa once said-Dont eat the yellow snow. Dont eat the brown snow either. ��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 06:53 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
Stagnant definitely. Hot dry and sunny weather is what I live for

Old 09-16-2018, 07:02 AM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Stagnant definitely. Hot dry and sunny weather is what I live for
Move to my part of FL.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:03 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Move to my part of FL.
Well you got potential for hurricanes there but overall yeah I would love to move to South Florida if I could. Too bad Canadians can't live full time in the US easily

Old 09-16-2018, 09:36 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Dynamic (except for hurricanes). Florida has the most stagnant, boring, repetitive weather in the country. Barring minor fluctuations of precipitation patterns, it's mostly the same for 10+ months of the year. That's why the old coots love it. "Getting use to the humidity" is like getting use to a toothache...you don't.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,482,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I'd prefer stagnant weather. The best part about America is that almost all places have change of leaf colors in the Fall. The climate of the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest have the 4 full seasons, but dynamic weather sucks in my opinion. When you have unpredictable weather, you can't get used to humidity in the summer, because it's not all year round. Unpredictable weather is bad, because you can't tell if a hurricane or a Nor'easter is going to hit you. I like the stagnant weather of the West. I'd prefer to have blazing hot Arizona weather or the hot and humid Florida weather where I can get used to it, because it barely ever changes. In the West, climate is mostly stagnant, but you have variety of it. You have California's Mediterranean climate that barely changes especially San Diego, the Pacific Northwest's drowsy winters where you will never see a sunny winter day, the Pacific Northwest has beautiful stagnant summers, Arizona's brutal hot weather that never changes, etc. My parents are from a tropical country and they told me people were able to enjoy the hot and humid climate since it is was like that most of the year.
Stagnant all the way. If I want a change, I'll take a vacation. If I need excitement, I'll go to an amusement park or see a thriller in the theatre.

There are many opportunities for excitement in life, however, weather is something I'd like to see some stability in, like in areas like where I live, my career, my family, my finances, etc.

Quote:
That's what I hated about SoCal weather. It was boring. Never hot enough to enjoy water sports in the summer. Never cold enough to be cold in the winter. Even the rain was boring - no storms or thunder.

I could do without the hail (though we've only been affected once in 30 years of living here), but North Texas weather is more my style. Different without being too extreme in any direction...the winters have become too mild, though.
Now that I live in North Texas as well (but have visited the area countless times over the past year), I'd classify it as more of a stagnant than a dynamic climate. The most extreme stagnant climate in the lower 48 states would be San Francisco. DFW is comparable to the PNW as well as some of the more dynamic areas in California outside of the mountains in the stagnant/dynamic weather realm.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:48 AM

54 posts, read 94,256 times
Stagnant. SoCal native and seriously prefer the "no worries" weather there. Also allows for smaller closets - don't have to keep a rotating wardrobe for the extremes of four seasons. Not to mention bulky coats! I can't remember the last time I had to shovel sunshine.

Problem with SoCal weather is so many others want it, too. No moving back now, too expensive and crowded, with the nice weather offset by the hassles of living in each other's back pockets.

Old 09-16-2018, 11:50 AM

245 posts, read 142,932 times
Four seasons ftw.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:24 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,215,512 times
I prefer stagnant weather patterns over dynamic weather patterns; nothing beats being able to enjoy the hazy hot and humid weather conditions for weeks on end in Fort Worth Texas, perfect pool weather.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Dynamic...to a point. I don't think I want the extreme humid heat in summer and the bitter frozen snowy cold of winter.

Vancouver is perfect for me in that regard. I get too antsy if we don't get rain after a while and the grass turns brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather