Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:38 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,185,309 times

Advertisements

I will describe what spring is like in Minnesota in a rural area (farm)

When the frost lets loose (unthaws) there are places that you will bury a tractor up to the axle. (not from rain------but from the deep frost unthawing)

Everything turns into a muddy mess. Everyday you move the hay feeders for the cattle to a dry piece of grass sod. By the end of a day or 2, the cows are knee deep in mud already.

Where I live----the frost is not completely gone yet. We will need a good rain to make it muddier to finally get all the frost out so the " healing process" ( drying up) can begin.

I consider warm to be when I can go bareback .

Also, in spring Minnesota puts road restrictions . (this limits the loads trucks can haul on secondary roads due the frost letting out )

I live on a State Hwy where limits are high. Some farmers on secondary tar roads are affected when a semi load of hay, the milk truck, or the feed trucks have a delivery to make.

Last edited by Jammie; 04-09-2008 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: merged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather