Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many continents have A grade climate(s) in your opinion?
0 1 2.33%
1 2 4.65%
2 5 11.63%
3 11 25.58%
4 2 4.65%
5 11 25.58%
6 10 23.26%
7 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
5, Europe and Antarctica are the only ones that lacks a Cfa with thundery summers, winters of my level of mildness and hot humid summers.

what's your level of mildness in winter ? Otherwise we're pretty close here (at least today considering it's 14c... ok it's snowing next week apparently)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 08:06 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,871,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
what's your level of mildness in winter ? Otherwise we're pretty close here (at least today considering it's 14c... ok it's snowing next week apparently)
I like winter highs between 17-21°C and mostly sunny, dry conditions. Malta has what is closest to an A climate in Europe, for my tastes, but still not quite there because it has too much rain in winter.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:09 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,289,161 times
Quote:
I like winter highs between 17-21°C and mostly sunny, dry conditions. Malta has what is closest to an A climate in Europe, for my tastes, but still not quite there because it has too much rain in winter.

oh yeah, we can get these conditions by late March usually, but that's not winter

Yeah, nothing in Europe is like that. Southern Italy is mild, maybe Catania is close ?

Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,871,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
oh yeah, we can get these conditions by late March usually, but that's not winter

Yeah, nothing in Europe is like that. Southern Italy is mild, maybe Catania is close ?
One of the closest, as with Malta, but I prefer the Subtropical rainfall pattern over the Mediterranean one.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:04 AM

42 posts, read 27,948 times
Surely 6, all except Antartica.

Europe: Almeria, Malaga, Alicante, Faro, Crete... A+ and there are also other A+ climates in Europe, as well as A and A-
- Europe has also magnifient islands with A/A- climates such as Ibiza, Lampedusa, Malta, Rhodes, Pantelleria...

Africa: Lots of As here, from the Med coast, the Moroccan coast and South Africa and southern Namibia. Easily parts of coastal South Africa such as Cape Town are straight A+ as well as are some Moroccan places such as Agadir.
- Africa has the best islands, climate-wise, in the world. Madeira (A-) and Porto Santo (A) are very good, but my dream climate is southern Tenerife or Lanzarote. Dry, warm, sunny... year round! A++

Asia: Well, if we include Cyprus here as well as the Middle East, there are surely A climates in Cyprus, Lebanon and Israel. Some As in southern coastal Turkey too. Asia in general (without the Middle East) is pretty bad for my standards.

Oceania: Australia. El Dorado. The best of the best. The best continent!
- How to forget some of the delightful islands part of Oceania such as Norfolk. Another excellent climate.

North America: Californiaaaaa! Ramones - California Sun explains it easily. SoCal's coast is just amazing.
For me Mexico is central America, but well, surely Baja California is inside North America so another delightful bunch of A climates in coastal Baja California.

South America: This one is tricky, because many of the good climates are way too rainy. But then we have places like Arica where it's delightful and sunny year round. So more As here too!
- How to forget islands such as the Easter Island. Another A.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:08 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
What are your thoughts on the Azores, Testarossa? Technically, Flores Island is a potential A climate in North America It's quite cloudy though, but temperatures are epic.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I like winter highs between 17-21°C and mostly sunny, dry conditions.
Sir, your likings are very similar to mine's.

After a long research I did years ago, I found as Alicante having the most similar climate to SoCal - it's the only place where not a single month has average highs under 17ºC, if we exclude Cyprus.

But what's best, is that the rainy season is during Autumn! This is my favorite climate in Europe, it's an A+, but Almeria comes close, Malaga, Faro and Crete too. I think you should check these climates.

Faro, Portugal is also a very good contender. Too bad there are few official stations in coastal Algarve, Faro has just 1 month with average highs under 17ºC and it's very sunny, which makes it magnificient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
What are your thoughts on the Azores, Testarossa? Technically, Flores Island is a potential A climate in North America It's quite cloudy though, but temperatures are epic.
Ponta Delgada is amazing when it comes to temperatures, not so much when it comes to sun hours and rainy days. So is Flores Island, but I would like a quicker Spring warm-up and more sun.

It's definetly a quite good climate too. But honestly, when it comes to Portuguese islands there is nothing as Porto Santo or southern Madeira. Porto Santo being my favorite - it's the driest and sunniest!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:38 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa93 View Post
Ponta Delgada is amazing when it comes to temperatures, not so much when it comes to sun hours and rainy days. So is Flores Island, but I would like a quicker Spring warm-up and more sun.

It's definetly a quite good climate too. But honestly, when it comes to Portuguese islands there is nothing as Porto Santo or southern Madeira. Porto Santo being my favorite - it's the driest and sunniest!
It's a shame that the Savage Islands of Madeira between the island and the Canaries are too small and rocky for human settlement, because I'm sure a climate in that position, especially on a very tiny landmass would be absolutely amazing. I wouldn't rule out it oscillating between 21-25°C highs year round with 2800 hours of sunshine, very low diurnals and with more winter rain than the Canaries. I'm sure it'd be one of your favourite climates on earth...

Old 01-17-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
It's a shame that the Savage Islands of Madeira between the island and the Canaries are too small and rocky for human settlement, because I'm sure a climate in that position, especially on a very tiny landmass would be absolutely amazing. I wouldn't rule out it oscillating between 21-25°C highs year round with 2800 hours of sunshine, very low diurnals and with more winter rain than the Canaries. I'm sure it'd be one of your favourite climates on earth...
Not sure how accurate is this: https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Grand...slands#Climate it says "UN" source, or this: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather...rtugal_2263082 anyways, I think it would be a bit milder than Madeira, not warmer. With much more rain too, which I don't like at all. Hint: I want just few rainy days per month, not winter rain! Savage are nice, but I would prefer Porto Santo, still.

During winters, highs are probably around 18ºC there, with long seasonal lag. I think Madeira (well, Funchal, and the southern part of the island) has warmer highs year round, since the Savage Islands are even more affected by the Atlantic currents. This makes them very, very mild with milder extremes but also milder temperatures. Day and night temperatures oscillate just between 3-4ºC probably.

Anyways, have you heard about Bermuda? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda#Climate a tropical climate at 32ºN ! The very warm Atlantic southern currents arrive there. Look at this crazy stuff!

Old 01-17-2019, 11:00 AM

2,413 posts, read 1,039,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa93 View Post
Not sure how accurate is this: https://micronations.wiki/wiki/Grand...slands#Climate it says "UN" source, or this: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather...rtugal_2263082 anyways, I think it would be a bit milder than Madeira, not warmer. With much more rain too, which I don't like at all. Hint: I want just few rainy days per month, not winter rain! Savage are nice, but I would prefer Porto Santo, still.

During winters, highs are probably around 18ºC there, with long seasonal lag. I think Madeira (well, Funchal, and the southern part of the island) has warmer highs year round, since the Savage Islands are even more affected by the Atlantic currents. This makes them very, very mild with milder extremes but also milder temperatures. Day and night temperatures oscillate just between 3-4ºC probably.

Anyways, have you heard about Bermuda? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda#Climate a tropical climate at 32ºN ! The very warm Atlantic southern currents arrive there. Look at this crazy stuff!
That meteoblue climate data looks nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather