Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM

2,850 posts, read 1,969,179 times

Advertisements

This is tricky. Probably climate B because I don't like brutally hot days or very dry summers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 10:44 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,868,950 times
Climate B suits my tastes better.

Old 02-08-2019, 02:06 PM

524 posts, read 484,822 times
Based on the summers, this sounds like Dystopian Los Angeles (with warmer ocean temps) vs Utopian Houston

Old 02-08-2019, 07:18 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
Climate B. I hate prolonged drought, sounds like hell.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:37 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
Both too hot but Climate A sounds like hell on earth. At least Climate B has plenty of rainfall, lush forests, and as a bonus is not too far from water.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Climate A Winters:

1. No snow. Even frost is rare. Highs in the upper 50s, lows in the high 30s.
2. Winter is THE rainy season. Climate A gets only 20 inches of rain a year but 15 of those 20 inches falls during the winter.
3. Though the temps are mild on paper, the rain and the wind make it feel much colder than it really is.
4. When it's not raining, its windy. The dry spells are dominated by very warm, very dry winds that gust up to 80 miles per hour, bring temps to 70 or even 80 degrees, and bring the relative humidity to less than 10%. On occasion these winds will fan massive wildfires and blow the smoke all over the region. These winds can blow anytime from September to April.
5. The city is generally free from flooding and natural disasters, except for the foothill communities, where wildfire and landslide risk are high.

Climate B Winters:

1. Average temps are slightly warmer than those of Climate A; however, record lows are lower, and the region receives cold fronts that bring snow (although it typically doesn't snow more than twice a year, and it's never anything you have to shovel.)
2. Winters see ample rainfall, but only ten inches of rain vs. the 15 inches of rain in region A. Wildfire and landslides are unheard of anywhere.
3. Wind is negligible compared to Climate A.
4. Unlike climate A, where there are days with single-digit humidity, even sunny winter days in climate B are quite damp.
5. Although average temps are slightly warmer than those of climate A, this region sees more standard deviation in terms of temperature (i.e. it can get colder than climate A, hence the greater possibility of snow).

Old 02-09-2019, 11:37 PM

895 posts, read 602,946 times
Climate B is the winner unless if spring/fall is unexpectedly awful.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:15 PM

99 posts, read 71,627 times
At first I thought climate A was the winner, because I hate heat and humidity, but then I realized climate B has a decent winter to cool off. And without the wildfires and air quality issues of climate A.

Just a guess. Climate A reminds me of inland California, or maybe Australia, but the fact winter is from "September to April" means it's in the northern hemisphere. Maybe something like Willow Creek, CA or Redding, CA.

For climate B at first I thought somewhere like Tokyo (wealthy, advance flood control, hot humid summer, abundant rainfall, occasional snow), but the fact region B has no typhoons is a dealbreaker. Perhaps somewhere in South America, like Buenos Aires or Rosario?

Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahdebrink View Post
At first I thought climate A was the winner, because I hate heat and humidity, but then I realized climate B has a decent winter to cool off. And without the wildfires and air quality issues of climate A.

Just a guess. Climate A reminds me of inland California, or maybe Australia, but the fact winter is from "September to April" means it's in the northern hemisphere. Maybe something like Willow Creek, CA or Redding, CA.

For climate B at first I thought somewhere like Tokyo (wealthy, advance flood control, hot humid summer, abundant rainfall, occasional snow), but the fact region B has no typhoons is a dealbreaker. Perhaps somewhere in South America, like Buenos Aires or Rosario?
No typhoons or hurricanes is a dealbreaker? As in you want typhoons?

Old 02-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Climate B. I hate prolonged drought, sounds like hell.
So California in the summer is hell for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather